Manny Diaz interview

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Field position, i.e. special teams, is really ******** the pooch. Hartley is gonna be ****canned, and he should be.

This and we don’t need a first time head coach who will learn on the job. We need a head coach w/ at least 5 years of exp

I feel you but at the same time Kirby Smart is a first time head coach and doing much better than our HC who has 16 plus years experience.

We just need the right man for the job regardless of experience. Not saying that's Manny....Ijs

Field position, i.e. special teams, is really ******** the pooch. Hartley is gonna be ****canned, and he should be.

He’s not getting **** canned because he’s our best recruiter next to Dugans and he does amazing with TE

Advertisement
And completely getting undressed on defense when we have everything to play for, the Clemson game comes to mind, bowl game last year, Boston college game this year
My God! You can't make this up. Our offense put this defense in the worse positions and you people can't see that. If we can score 24 points a game we will likely be 9-1, if not 10-0.

Our coaches that won most of our NCs were young guns seeking stepping stone to nfl. Coker, Randy, and Mark are lifers with no ambition to next level. Al was marking time for PSU. We need to go back to finding the coach the nfl will steel from us the year after the title. No assistant should be hired who isn’t HC quality within 5 or 7 years. We are not destination job we are opportunity for greatness job. That is who we are.

Wow. I love it.

"The patient is sick, its pretty obvious the diagnosis"

ST and the O are killing us. I am really hoping Richt does the right thing and removes Hartley from ST and lets someone come in and run the O.

Sit back and watch the ****** show and be the hero we have been clamoring for and prove UGA wrong. Get another stud coordinator to run the O because you got the right guy on the D.

****, take over ST's yourself if you need hands on something but let go of the O.

Advertisement
I think Diaz is one of those guys who would be a BETTER head coach than coordinator.

He is detailed. His hunger for advanced statistics and metrics makes him the type of guy who WILL spend his summers picking the brains of the best. He sees the need to make changes. He plays to what he has and not what he wants.

Diaz is going to be an excellent head coach IF he can solve the recruiting puzzle.
He's more dialed in than the current HC. Give him the spot and let him hire a DC, OC, and a recruiting coordinator and we'd get better results than what we're getting now.
And for all the "we don't need a young or inexperienced/we need at least 5 years experience" is crazy. We're not paying up level money and the next great coach "is" out there. Most of the fans on here would not have hired Urban Meyer out of Utah, and certainly not Bowling Green. But he's done nothing but win. Other examples are Nick Saban and our beloved Jimmy Johnson. Gotta start somewhere! Why not with Manny? At least he has the fire.

I think Diaz is one of those guys who would be a BETTER head coach than coordinator.

He is detailed. His hunger for advanced statistics and metrics makes him the type of guy who WILL spend his summers picking the brains of the best. He sees the need to make changes. He plays to what he has and not what he wants.

Diaz is going to be an excellent head coach IF he can solve the recruiting puzzle.

Not just recruiting but staff choices is a concern as well. Look at how green the coaches are on that side of the ball. He has a stable of “yes men” that all owe their careers to him.

Advertisement
Back