Manny can learn from Ed O

We have a giant ***** for a head coach imo.

Here read this: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lsu-ed-orgeron-motivational-tactics

“He’s got this thing he does about getting your hands up and getting ready to fight before every game,” Trey Gallman, who played fullback for the Tigers from 2014 to 2018, told The Athletic. “He’s like, ‘Get your hands up, be ready to fight, be ready to take a lick in the face.’ And every single Saturday in his pregame speech he punches himself in the face. Hard as s—t.”

Advertisement
The majority of the offense is run in the spread... Idk why so many think we're a complete pro style offense.

Yes clearly Diaz isnt a big cajun man acting like a dumby, quite the opposite actually. But you think a reason LSU got as good as they are is from luck and not from spending 6.4mil a year on assistants alone?
You are commingling topics.

1. Of course I wish Miami could spend as much as LSU on asst. coaches. Corey Raymond vs Rumph and Banda isn’t even a competition.
2. Show me any evidence that would make you expect that the TE coach would turn their O into a high powered machine when they fired Canada.

I don’t know why we are even discussing this anymore, good luck to you

You are commingling topics.

1. Of course I wish Miami could spend as much as LSU on asst. coaches. Corey Raymond vs Rumph and Banda isn’t even a competition.
2. Show me any evidence that would make you expect that the TE coach would turn their O into a high powered machine when they fired Canada.

I don’t know why we are even discussing this anymore, good luck to you
Read some background on the TE coach and also the fact they have a "Passing Game Coordinator" and maybe it'll make sense. Don't get upset now. The point of the thread is we need to spend on quality assistants if we have any sort of chance at Diaz being successful.

Advertisement
when richt was HC we all said he shouldnt be coordinating.

now we need he Hc To coordinate?

get your story straight.
The problem with what you are saying is that our offense sucked under richts play calling our defense when manny called plays was top in the nation I have no problem with hc calling plays unless they aren't good at it and that goes for any coaches

Wtf are you talking about? He has coached for a dozen elite programs for ljke 30 years, and so he can get people to come work for him.

Manny is a guy who has done NOTHING in his career. Nobody legit is going to come work for him.

even if he could get someone worth a sht to come work for him he wouldn't for fear that guy would take his job from him...being the used car salesman Manny is I wouldn't doubt that type thinking went into the hiring's he made and why he left the defense in tact.

Sure, except what you said is entirely untrue, and I debunked it in 1 sentence.

Dan Enos was the OC for Alabama had he just sat his *** in his chair in Tuscaloosa. You said no coach will sign up to work with Manny Diaz. The new OC for Alabama did. I never said he was good or bad. I just immediately blew your retarded theory apart in one breath, but judging from your incessant, non-stop crying about all things Manny, I'd say there's a pretty good chance you've got a personal connection with either him or Manny Sr. and they won, you lost.

This dude is a troll account.

Advertisement
Those of you that want to give manny time. If he loses just 3 more games do you realize how difficult recruiting will become? No one with a brain views him as an actual first year head coach. He knows these players. I’m going to assume besides being cheap he was hired because he’d have more energy and be more modern than richt. If he loses more, how would he recover on the trail?

Orgeron wasn't canned by USC, he left on his own. They wanted to retain him as DC but Orgeron was ****ed that he wasn't HC. Orgeron took over as interim HC from Kiffin (3-2) and led the team to a 6-2 record and beat 2 top 25 teams along the way. USC named Sarkisian the HC for 2014 and he went on 9-4 season, 3-2 in 2015 before being fired.
Huge Orgeron fan, and wanted him to replace D'Nofrio as DC

Ed O was got canned by Ole Miss, USC, and was a D-Line corch stfu with been around winning programs for decades cuck

645-358-1-500.jpg

How many goddam times does it need to be said that nobody is going to sign up to work for a guy who has no business coaching at a P5 program. A guy who has no pedigree, no coaching tree, has no former coaches he played for or players he played with.

Ed O has been around the game on winning programs for literally decades. Manny Diaz is a gimmicky nobody who never did **** in his career. Just stop.
Lies

Advertisement
Orgeron wasn't canned by USC, he left on his own. They wanted to retain him as DC but Orgeron was ****ed that he wasn't HC. Orgeron took over as interim HC from Kiffin (3-2) and led the team to a 6-2 record and beat 2 top 25 teams along the way. USC named Sarkisian the HC for 2014 and he went on 9-4 season, 3-2 in 2015 before being fired.
Huge Orgeron fan, and wanted him to replace D'Nofrio as DC

Correct. Orgeron was interim head coach at USC in 2013 and interim head coach at LSU in 2015. Very popular with the players both times. USC decided not to hire him and went with Sarkisian. LSU decided they would retain him.

Again, situational influence gets lost in this. It is not always remembered. The complaint at USC was offense. That had been the fan base theme since the Leinart years ended and especially after Norm Chow was gone. USC administration and fans were desperate for high powered offense and didn't trust Ed Orgeron to provide it. That's how Steve Sarkisian got the nod.

Nobody questioned that Orgeron would be a great recruiter. I didn't mind the Sarkisian choice but hated the Clay Helton hire.

LSU's recruiting classes vs. Miami's

2014 - 2 / 12
2015 - 5 / 27
2016 - 2 / 22
2017 - 7 / 12
2018 - 15 / 8
2019 - 5 / 27

I would say LSU's advantage over Miami has been recruiting more than coaching. And having a legit QB like Burrow is a big difference.

We played LSU twice and the manpower deficit was glaring both times. Those scores don't happen by accident.

LSU always has the greatest collection of untamed supreme athletes in the country. They all look like they should be playing with their shirt tails out, and many of them do.

Joe Burrow changed the fortunes of two college programs. Urban Meyer was an idiot for devotion to JT "Little Game" Barrett for 3 seasons despite having Burrow on his roster for 2 of those years, and now Orgeron is rewarded with patience with Burrow, who is now at a phenomenal 11.5 YPA just a shade below Tua at 11.6

Just for reference, Trevor Lawrence is 8.3 YPA. Tua enjoys the same 3 yard advantage over Lawrence that he had all of last season. Lawrence still doesn't have one game on his college ledger that matches Tua's average YPA from either 2018 or 2019.

Advertisement

The story of how someone clowned repeatedly by media and peers was able to put together a contender through the people he surrounded himself with.

Balake Faker is a fraud

Penos needs to get f*cked with his Pro style sheit.

Surround yourself with people smarter than you, thats the only way. If Mandy doesn't let heads roll this offseason hunker down again for winter boys it'll be a long one.

LSU has an administration that WANTS to succeed at football, and WORKS to achieve goal.

Miami’s admin has different goals and success at football is not as important

Here read this: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lsu-ed-orgeron-motivational-tactics

“He’s got this thing he does about getting your hands up and getting ready to fight before every game,” Trey Gallman, who played fullback for the Tigers from 2014 to 2018, told The Athletic. “He’s like, ‘Get your hands up, be ready to fight, be ready to take a lick in the face.’ And every single Saturday in his pregame speech he punches himself in the face. Hard as s—t.”
Love Coach O. He was a **** good coach here in Miami. That **** bar fight got him fired.

Ed O is not the world's greatest X & Os coach. However, what he is good at:

1) He was always a good recruiter. He understands the bag game extremely well
2) He's aligned himself with boosters & others at LSU that will support his recruiting efforts rabidly
3) He's hired good coordinators & gotten out of the way (the opposite of what Manny now needs to do unfortunately)
4) He has one of the best S&C coaches (Moffitt) in CFB. Granted he inherited him but this is a key component. Moffitt is one of the absolute best

Prior to LSU's resurgence, Ed O had developed a bit of a bad rep and was not widely respected as a CFB coach. LSU simply happens to be the perfect fit for him & he's made some good choices this time around.

While he lacks significant experience as a HC, Manny has a resume & certainly knows what he's doing on the Defensive side of the ball. As a DC at Miami, he was extremely good. You don't end up with a Top 10 defense without being a very good DC (and having good players). Our Defense looked like a Miami defense last year. They certainly weren't perfect (especially against physical teams like UVA & Wisconsin) but overall the Defense was aggressive, created a ton of turnovers & sacks, was highly effective and was fun to watch. [Side note: it hasn't been nearly the same this year & I'm curious to see now how much Manny can change the performance of the Defense through greater personal involvement].

It looks like Manny is going to have to make some coaching changes to improve though (starting with OL & special teams). He should also have some long conversations with Enos about playing N'Kosi and working more out of the shotgun. Manny came in super aggressive & cleaned house (cutthroat moves) but since then we've been playing surprisingly passive schemes on both O & D. It's like our number goal is to minimize mistakes & keep games close. Maybe it's a style driven by Analytics (QB avoiding turnovers etc) but there is zero doubt after watching the Va Tech game that the offense will score more & operate far more effectively with N'Kosi at QB as opposed to Jarren. Maybe next year will be a different story but as of today it is clear that N'Kosi really energized the offense & helped to maximize yardage and red zone scoring. We've been so passive on both sides of the ball. Let's play to win. At 2-3, the other approach has not been working and we have nothing to lose & much to gain. Recruits & fans also don't want to watch boring, LOSING football. Let's get TNM really going. Let's see what Manny promised us we'd see on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Back