Manny better start taking recruiting more seriously

Telling commits to shut it down would’ve probably worked if we were 2-0. At least then you could say we’re building a winner, get on board or get lost. But being 0-2 makes it seem desperate and if it doesn’t turn off the kids it will probably turn off the ones surrounding them

Has nothing to do record.

Its either you are fully committed or not. Manny realized they are wasting valuable time and resources with kids that wanna **** around.

If not then **** off. If Clark wants to see whats out there after being committed for a long time... see ya.

I respect it.

Advertisement

Its either you are fully committed or not. Manny realized they are wasting valuable time and resources with kids that wanna **** around.

If not then **** off. If Clark wants to see whats out there after being committed for a long time... see ya.

I respect it.

I respect it

I respect it.

I respect it too but I also don’t wanna hear any complaints when we sign all plan B kids bc Manny wanted to make a statement by letting the top kids go bc they didn’t wanna shut it down.

Like it or not we’re the 6 you hit up at 3am when you strikeout with the hot ones at the bar. We are in no position to tell kids we get in on early that blow up, they can’t visit Bama Clemson and Georgia.

I respect it too but I also don’t wanna hear any complaints when we sign all plan B kids bc Manny wanted to make a statement by letting the top kids go bc they didn’t wanna shut it down.

Like it or not we’re the 6 you hit up at 3am when you strikeout with the hot ones at the bar. We are in no position to tell kids we get in on early that blow up, they can’t visit Bama Clemson and Georgia.

Then if you want to visit those schools , do it first before you commit. Take the visits and then come back with your family and we'll take your commitment. It's simple. Plenty of schools operate this way Miami cannot be used as a placeholder any more. Or a school to up your bag $$.

We have to stop taking commits from kids in 10th grade, too, Make them wait until junior season.

Advertisement
Then if you want to visit those schools , do it first before you commit. Take the visits and then come back with your family and we'll take your commitment. It's simple. Plenty of schools operate this way Miami cannot be used as a placeholder any more. Or a school to up your bag $$.

We have to stop taking commits from kids in 10th grade, too, Make them wait until junior season.

I’m all in on the not accepting commits till they are juniors. I believe that’s the only way it can work. At least until we are a 10 win team every year again

It’s either you are committed or not.

It’s really that simple. We’ve had plenty of guys shut it down in the past that are solid players. We’ve never had all plan Bs.

It’s either you are committed or not.

It’s really that simple. We’ve had plenty of guys shut it down in the past that are solid players. We’ve never had all plan Bs.

If a 5* like Lingard can shut his recruitment down don't see why others can't if they truly say they want to be here

My problem w Manny & his staff is their approach. I feel they come w the attitude of we don’t need to sell ourselves, we’re the U. The mantra of, “either play for us or we’ll kick your ***” sounds good, but this ain’t the early 2000’s. U can’t make statements like that unless u’re kicking ***, bro. U can’t tell a recruit “u can’t take visits” unless u’re THAT program. The whole “we only want guys who want to play for The U” is total bull chit and a built in excuse. Some of the best guys that played here didn’t just want to come here, they had to be convinced.

This mentality has leaked over to the fan base; we got fans really asking what Safety wouldn’t want to play for Banda, when he’s put NFL S into the league. They bring up Jenkins (a Golden player), Redwine (a Golden player), J Rock (a Golden player), Jaquan (a Golden player)....u know what they also all have in common besides being recruited by Golden? They were all drafted 4th round or lower. So what is he going to sell? Play for me, and you might find a home on an NFL team? What is Rumph going to sell? That he was on the 01 National Championship team and flamed out in the NFL?

So if we’re not winning, and we have not provided a proven NFL draft record lately w early round picks, are any of these guys in a position to say “Either come to The U or we’ll kick your ***?” See, now we just look like a joke at that point, especially when u start 0-2.

Manny needs to learn how to approach things differently, his entire staff and they can start by having a proven product, 1st. U can hype w/o over hyping. How about ingratiating himself w high profiled players and their families. He has proven absolutely nothing here, yet he talks as if he’s The Don. Until u have a Don P product on the field, u gotta talk smart, not greasy. That’s y I have a problem w his recruiting. It sounds good, but w/o substance, it means chit.

Advertisement
Amen on JW.

Second highlighted point is why we struggle with the UVA/UNC/VT/Wisky's of the world. We have higher rated players but they are always playing with men and UM rarely has guys stick around long enough for their balls to drop.
Would there balls drop sooner if they took testosterone? Need any edge we can find.

LOL at him getting recruits he was never an ace recruiter we knew that when we got him. That we want guys who want to be canes are a nerds approach to recruiting, theres so many kids who wanted to be canes and were vocal about it and went elsewhere and became all pros. Get elites bring them in get them to sign if u cant do that we wont recover from this I agree. Elite coaches change kids minds $$$, get it done or try to bring someone who can get it done. Obviously we arent good at judging which coaches can get it done so there is very little hope.
Like kids go to uga or bama because they grew up dreaming that

1595393134703.png

Advertisement
Back