Manny basically has a one year window

Advertisement
What’s the blue chip ratio that is necessary to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a good bowl game? Because doing that a couple times in a row is what will position us to get to the NC blue chip ratio.

So claiming Manny has one year is foolish and feeble. He should very easily be able to build recruiting momentum, as he’s taking over a total **** bucket of an offense that was so putrid because of coaching. This is all about positive buzz and momentum, and you don’t need a roster of more than 50% blue chips to build that.

Also, coaching matters. Merely fielding a good offense will build momentum and lead to more wins as will something as simple as punting the ball better.

We don’t need an Alabaga blue chip ratio to win the Coastal. And Rickety already proved what a huge shot of juice and momentum something that easily achievable can create here.

Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

You're gonna get a lot of hate for this post, but YOU'RE 100% CORRECT.

Speak truth to power.

What’s the blue chip ratio that is necessary to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a good bowl game? Because doing that a couple times in a row is what will position us to get to the NC blue chip ratio.

So claiming Manny has one year is foolish and feeble. He should very easily be able to build recruiting momentum, as he’s taking over a total **** bucket of an offense that was so putrid because of coaching. This is all about positive buzz and momentum, and you don’t need a roster of more than 50% blue chips to build that.

Also, coaching matters. Merely fielding a good offense will build momentum and lead to more wins as will something as simple as punting the ball better.

We don’t need an Alabaga blue chip ratio to win the Coastal. And Rickety already proved what a huge shot of juice and momentum something that easily achievable can create here.

So you agree with my thread

Advertisement
The star ratio thing has some validity when talking about NCs. But anyone expecting us to win a NC right away is goofy as fck. We’re not there.

What Manny needs to do is have a good year and build some momentum. Then, he needs to follow that up with another good year and not fall on his face. We haven’t strung together two good years in 17 years.

What we can’t do is tank because the vultures will immediately come out, and the toxicity will consume the program like it’s done the last 4 coaches.

We don’t have the blue chip ratio to win a NC, but we have enough blue chips to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a big bowl. Then, we’ll have enough to do the same thing or a little better in 2020. That’s how we will get out of this 17 year nightmare.

Dudes need to get out of this NC or bust mentality because it ain’t happening any time too soon. Build it back up. Then start thinking about NCs.

Thread as well as Tony Slurps should have been put down after this post.

We've got a few steps we need to take before we can begin to expect championship-caliber recruiting. Focus on our needs, get players that fit our system, and handle business on the field. Then build on it.

I'll be more than fine with a class finishing up in the low teens if we get our guys.

Great job exposing me lmfao

You just played yourself, playa.

I did expose you.

First, that’s a snapshot of last year, in August. It does not take into account the actual signing classes, which were signed in 2019. A disastrous year and class for Miami, a class which nonetheless was significantly augmented by the transfer portal.

Secondly, it does not do anything to dispute the premise of those that disagree with you: that is, what is required now for upward progression is to win on a division basis, in the coastal division, ie, win the coastal. Show progress. Who are the ACC teams in this “all knowing” list? Clemson, OK. FSU? LMFAO. The list actually makes the point that we’re trying to make, we’re recruiting well enough to win the coastal (if we follow your line of reasoning). Get to a good bowl game.

Thirdly, as noted author and FSU homer/slurper Bud Elliott states, BC ratio is strictly to determine NC aspirations and “The ratio is simply a baseline for the minimum talent needed to win a national title” and not for predicting team records or wins.

Exposed again. Your premise is demonstrably proven false with data you provided.

Last edited:

Great response deep in this thread.

idk what Manny's window is...but all I know is if he can't do at minimum the above bolded with whatever he does get...he needs to get lost ASAP.

Teams like Pitt, VaTech, UNC, Georgia Tech, Duke have won the Coastal...you aint need no Blue Chip nada to get there. Until we can do what the above lays out, I don't care about Blue Chip ratio because it simply does not apply to us, despite it being an incredibly important metric.

I think what OP is saying and what I’ve said is that you can’t have your classes anchored by majority 3 star athletes. He’s not lying; but Manny has more than one year, as well. Dude hasn’t coached a down yet.

With that being said, w our trashed rep right now, we can’t afford to go 7-6 either. So yes, while our class is top 10 (due to the amount of commits), our avg recruiting score places us outside the top 20.
I mean I think anyone reasonable realizes this isn't Clemson/Bama type class. Anyone ****ing and moaning that it somehow should be right off the bat is kidding themselves. It's not unreasonable to be happy with how recruiting is going and realize it'll need to get better if we're going to be competing for NCs.

Advertisement
You just played yourself, playa.

I did expose you.

First, that’s a snapshot of last year, in August. It does not take into account the actual signing classes, which were signed in 2019. A disastrous year and class for Miami, a class which nonetheless was significantly augmented by the transfer portal.

Secondly, it does not do anything to dispute the premise of those that disagree with you: that is, what is required now for upward progression is to win on a division basis, in the coastal division, ie, win the coastal. Show progress. Who are the ACC teams in this “all knowing” list? Clemson, OK. FSU? LMFAO. The list actually makes the point that we’re trying to make, we’re recruiting well enough to win the coastal (if we follow your line of reasoning). Get to a good bowl game.

Thirdly, as noted author and FSU homer/slurper Bud Elliott States, BC ratio is strictly to determine NC aspirations and “The ratio is simply a baseline for the minimum talent needed to win a national title” and not for predicting team records or wins.

Exposed again. Your premise is demonstrably proven false with data you provided.

Lmfao keep moving those goal posts

I haven’t moved the goal posts at all. My premise, as well as those who agree with me, has remained consistent.

What also has remained consistent is the massive L’s that you keep taking in this thread.

“Please show me the 13 teams who have greater than 50% blue chip ratio!”

*sees the 13 teams*

“Yeah but having a blue chip ratio isnt sufficient to win a title! Owned”

You’re a pedantic joke

Advertisement

*sees the 13 teams*

You’re a pedantic joke
Pedantic??? I learned a new word today. I still don’t know how to use it correctly but I did look it up.

Your 75% quip doesn’t make much sense. 75% of the entire roster of all 3 teams all 3 years? One year? Of the 250 players on all 3 rosters? I’m lost. And - Why would you reference the entire roster of 3 separate teams and compare it to 1 class? in July, no less. That’s dumb, so excuse me for not connecting those dots.

All of your posts, in the aggregate, seem to say that a team must have x 5*s and x bcr in order to win. I’m merely saying, depending on those x’s (you haven’t exactly been clear), that isn’t true - see Clemson in 2016.

Because I assumed you actually followed the chain of comments and had an understanding of the context. As opposed to just responding to a comment without understanding the context.

I will give you a brief synopsis.

Porsters are saying BCs don't matter and our class is elite even though it is 35% BCs.

Another poster said we need 50% BC ratio to win an NC. I chimed in that 50% BC ratio is the absolute minimum we should be shooting for and that in fact of the last 3 finalists the ratio was closer to 75% than 50%. The average of those 6 teams at the time of their NC game is about 70%.

As you pointed out Clemson 16 was an outlier in that they were only 55%, but that still is over 50% and most 55% BC teams are not going to win it unless you have a very elite QB like Clemson and are going against a very mediocre freshman QB like Bama had.

More importantly, Clemson has been stacking chips since then. Their ratio last year was about 65% and look at their current class. Filled with 5 stars.
If BCs didn't matter like some porsters said Clemson would continue "stacking the underated 3 stars" instead of immediately swapping to BCs when they had the chance to.

Also, look at how much more dominant the 18 Clemson team was with all the more BCs. That 55% BC team BARELY scraped past a freshman hurts with upperclassmen Deshaun Watson going against them.

They just blew out a Bama team with a great non freshman QB while using a rookie QB.

*sees the 13 teams*

You’re a pedantic joke

Lying, again. Never said that.

Keep lying.

In the meantime, here’s some more L’s...stay losing

Advertisement
Back