Manny basically has a one year window

I tend to agree with OP. Manny is a hype machine of the highest level and that comes with a price. He needs to deliver. The uf game is very important. Two year ago we turn colllege football inside out for ten games then we loss three important games. The air went out of ballon and that recruiting class deflated. We don’t have bags but we have simple fact that no kid wants to miss being on the Miami team that brings The U back. Short of that , money talks and bs wants. Manny needs to win, win, and win.

Advertisement
Honestly every poster in this thread has basically said they agree with me .
Agreed with you that the blue chip ratio matters? Virtually indisputable.

Agreed with your hysterics about Manny’s timetable, agreed with you on the final BCR of this class IN JULY, or celebrating every 3* commit as some sort of twisted, self-fulfilling prophecy? Nah, this whole thread is evidence that almost no one agrees with you on that.

Your issue isn’t saying the BCR is one of the few proven measurables of elite success over time, it’s your insistence that Manny is pretty much toast because he isn’t crooting like Clembama right friggin now.

Agreed with your hysterics about Manny’s timetable, agreed with you on the final BCR of this class IN JULY, or celebrating every 3* commit as some sort of twisted, self-fulfilling prophecy? Nah, this whole thread evidence that almost no one agrees with you on that.

Your issue isn’t saying the BCR is one of the few proven measurables of elite success over time, it’s your insistence that Manny is pretty much toast because he isn’t crooting like Clembama right friggin now.

Lol how am I insisting that? I said it depends on this year.

I mean I think anyone reasonable realizes this isn't Clemson/Bama type class. Anyone ****ing and moaning that it somehow should be right off the bat is kidding themselves. It's not unreasonable to be happy with how recruiting is going and realize it'll need to get better if we're going to be competing for NCs.

Oh I 100% agree w/ your. Honestly, we have several 3 star guys who will no doubt become four stars. I'm just hilighting both sides of the coin. Manny deserves time, but at the same time progress has to be shown or we'll be having classes full of 3 star guys.

I didn't forget. If you followed recruiting before you would know that teams that have the most 3 stars prior to their senior season generally have the most 3 stars after their senior season.

Weird how most of those blue chips are decided on junior tapes........

Advertisement
Weird how most of those blue chips are decided on junior tapes........

Not really. If a kid is good you are most likely going to figure this out by the time they are entering their senior year. Of course there are kids who blow up their senior year or end up sucking their senior year, and they get moved up or down accordingly. However, this is less common.

Not really. If a kid is good you are most likely going to figure this out by the time they are entering their senior year. Of course there are kids who blow up their senior year or end up sucking their senior year, and they get moved up or down accordingly. However, this is less common.

Most kids good enough to play power 5 football are starting on varsity from 10th grade on. There are very few late bloomers these days

Pedantic??? I learned a new word today. I still don’t know how to use it correctly but I did look it up.

2q26oj.gif

What manny deserves is not relevant. As i said its not like hes getting fired after one year, or two, or even three. The point is that he isn’t recruiting well enough to get us out of the same cycle weve been in for 15 years, and if he doesnt do something on the field this year so that we can start recruiting at a higher level, his fate is sealed, just like the previous three guys.
He has to show something on the field this year. I’m not sure what Dabo and Saban did in their 1st years at Clemson and Bama but we don’t have the bag network either. I’m confident that we will look better overall just by subtracting Mork and that offense and likely a better punting game too.

Advertisement
Most kids good enough to play power 5 football are starting on varsity from 10th grade on. There are very few late bloomers these days

That is what I was saying. I just threw in the second part before some porster jumps in with "BUT Outlier A didn't blow up until his senior year".

He has to show something on the field this year. I’m not sure what Dabo and Saban did in their 1st years at Clemson and Bama but we don’t have the bag network either. I’m confident that we will look better overall just by subtracting Mork and that offense and likely a better punting game too.

I hope so. I am not doubting his coaching ability. I like what I’ve seen.

Advertisement
Folks are making this way too complicated. The formula isn't different here or anywhere. The problem with this place is people are framing their expectations based on the past. It’s pointless.

It has to be BUILT. You build a home one step at a time. Foundation, basement, first floor, second floor, attic, roof.

Step 1:
-Plan: all starts here
-Infrastructure: staff, assistants, resources
-Talent: assess roster, find reinforcements (portal), focus on recruiting 1-2-3 years out
-Development: S&C, culture, technique
-Deployment: scheme, game plan, play calling

Step 2:
- Do it all over again, learn from mistakes, recalibrate and adjust

Our recruiting will be fine IF we _evaluate_ well and develop and deploy the guys we get. If we do, recruiting will trend up and self-reinforce.

If we don't evaluate well, we'll continue to fail.

I have confidence in Feeley and Enos, and that we can field a competitive D. This is very doable, as long as (a) we evaluate well; and (b) the program keeps its focus on incremental progress and not delusions of immediate grandeur.

It really doesnt matter if we sign harris or stevenson right now. What matters is that we identify, prioritize and sign the next 10-15 kids we want after the top 3-5 are spoken for. We will win, if we do. And we will not win, if we don’t.

Advertisement
I hope so. I am not doubting his coaching ability. I like what I’ve seen.
Ok. It’s not unreasonable to give him a year of coaching and a full recruiting cycle. Improvement on the field matters and then we need to see it translate in recruiting. That said, he’s doing well right now for where we’re at after a 7-6 season and not a game played.

Agreed with your hysterics about Manny’s timetable, agreed with you on the final BCR of this class IN JULY, or celebrating every 3* commit as some sort of twisted, self-fulfilling prophecy? Nah, this whole thread evidence that almost no one agrees with you on that.

We really need numbers this year too. Its going to be harder to have a high blue chip ratio when you have to take a lot of guys.

OP, right before starting a thread where he claims, recruiting is “disastrous”, compares Manny’s recruiting negatively to Urban Meyer (an impossible standard under the circumstances) and states we will be doomed to a negative repetitive cycle, after only one year of Manny’s coaching

Folks are making this way too complicated. The formula isn't different here or anywhere. The problem with this place is people are framing their expectations based on the past. It’s pointless.

It has to be BUILT. You build a home one step at a time. Foundation, basement, first floor, second floor, attic, roof.

Step 1:
-Plan: all starts here
-Infrastructure: staff, assistants, resources
-Talent: assess roster, find reinforcements (portal), focus on recruiting 1-2-3 years out
-Development: S&C, culture, technique
-Deployment: scheme, game plan, play calling

Step 2:
- Do it all over again, learn from mistakes, recalibrate and adjust

Our recruiting will be fine IF we _evaluate_ well and develop and deploy the guys we get. If we do, recruiting will trend up and self-reinforce.

If we don't evaluate well, we'll continue to fail.

I have confidence in Feeley and Enos, and that we can field a competitive D. This is very doable, as long as (a) we evaluate well; and (b) the program keeps its focus on incremental progress and not delusions of immediate grandeur.

It really doesnt matter if we sign harris or stevenson right now. What matters is that we identify, prioritize and sign the next 10-15 kids we want after the top 3-5 are spoken for. We will win, if we do. And we will not win, if we don’t.

Infrastructure is huge. Coaching turnover hurts many things from recruiting to overall development. We've had kids come through here in the last decade with multiple coordinators (3 OCs during J12's time IIRC). Not only does that affect the starters but incoming kids as well. Never good position to be in having your upperclassmen on the same learning curve as a freshman. The coaches can't be around 24/7 and that's where the team leadership comes in from kids that have been in the system and can teach it as well.

This is why I don't expect a drop off much ever on defense. Everyone knows what they're doing and so will the kids coming in under an upperclassman's wing.

Advertisement
Back