Manny basically has a one year window

Tony Perps

Senior
Purgatory
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

Stfu!

The Golden slurpers have turned into the Manny slurpers.

It is a shame that the coach gets held to a high standard once he gets on the hot seat in terms of recruiting. Before the hot seat, every 3 star is really a 5 star but people hate Miami but after Golden/Randy/Richt get on the hot seat now they find out those 3 stars with 5 star hearts don't work out.

Advertisement
What are you guys mad about? Do you think we are winning anything of note with 7 blue chips and 13 three stars? Seriously? There’s empirical irrefutable evidence that says you need majority blue chips to win a title. This recruiting is disastrous

sad

Y’all do realize that these kids still have a senior year to play and could get bumps right? A few got bumped down to a 3 star in the last few months also

Yeah we’ve seen this before. We are recruiting some decent players, second and third team all acc types. Ill take them all day but the first rounders and first team all americans win games. And thats not the latest three star

Advertisement
I don't hold him accountable for the last class. Partially as he was on the staff, but he gets a pass mostly.

This year, we need to perform on the field and build on that in recruiting. Even if everything is so so, he could still come up big the next year. The problem there is that the odds are stacked in his favor less and less the longer it takes to win.

So in a sense, the OP could be absolutely correct.

Advertisement

D. Harris Sr. is that you?

I don't hold him accountable for the last class. Partially as he was on the staff, but he gets a pass mostly.

This year, we need to perform on the field and build on that in recruiting. Even if everything is so so, he could still come up big the next year. The problem there is that the odds are stacked in his favor less and less the longer it takes to win.

So in a sense, the OP could be absolutely correct.

Last class is not his fault. It’s not even his “fault” that were only landing three stars right now. Miami has been garbage for as long as we were good. Manny isn’t a guy like Meyer on the trail though, which kinda sucks. So he needs to perform on the field to get kids excited. And there’s a small window to make that happen before you end up in the same vicious cycle

I truly hope every recruit in the class does well and becomes a star, and gets paid. But trends are trends and havent changed in years. Need blue chips

Advertisement
Back