Manny basically has a one year window

Manny Diaz will be to Miami what Pete Carrol was to USC 🤷‍♂️

Highly doubtful but let’s hope so. Carroll
Lying, again. Never said that.

Keep lying.

In the meantime, here’s some more L’s...stay losing

View attachment 89165

You like tossing that term around. What exactly did I lie about again? About 13 teams meeting the BC ratio? About Um putting together classes that are 2/3 three star?

You stomped your feet around like a brat asking for the facts..and when youre faced with them you construct a straw man like a real lame jockstrap cowboy.

Advertisement
Who are the other 9 teams with higher blue chip ratios you lying sack of shlt?

You’re just pulling shlt out of your *** like it’s facts.

No data to back up your claims means it’s 100% made up.

You’ve been exposed a liar. I know it hurts.

Lmfao

This cannot be posted enough.

There you go again.

What’s winning? What’s a good season? Be specific.

Who are the 13 teams and where is your data coming from. I want specifics, documented with the actual numbers, and compared to the Miami’s actual numbers.

You can’t make claims like this without backing them up.

We already know we don’t have the blue-chip ratio of a Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, or even LSU. Let’s see the rest of the other teams. You should be listing at least another nine teams that have better blue-chip ratios, with accompanying data.

I’ve already called you out for lying in your other post (which you have yet to refute), how can I trust you when you say things like this.

Originalcanescanescanes: but but but but but but

It’s incredible how you dig yourself into holes

Highly doubtful but let’s hope so. Carroll

You like tossing that term around. What exactly did I lie about again? About 13 teams meeting the BC ratio? About Um putting together classes that are 2/3 three star?

You stomped your feet around like a brat asking for the facts..and when youre faced with them you construct a straw man like a real lame jockstrap cowboy.

About characterizing my posts. About the relevance of BC ratio when we’re talking about winning the Coastal and not NC’s, and improving from there.

You just don’t seem to get it. It’s not a binary choice as you have postulated for 2019.

Your premise has been fully and completely refuted.

Enjoy your L’s

I’ve paid enough attention to you...

Last edited:
About characterizing my posts. About the relevance of BC ratio when we’re talking about winning the Coastal and not NC’s, and improving from there.

You just don’t seem to get it. It’s not a binary choice as you have postulated for 2019.

You are the one who freaked out demanding “stats” about the blue chip ratio and then i gave them to you.

And you hit the spin cycle with the effectiveness of sean spicer (not very effective). Keep spinning away!

Advertisement

Enjoy your L’s

View attachment 89167

You can keep editing and bolding and arguing about the value of the blue chip ratio all you want. You demanded to see statistics that backed up what I said, and I gave them to you. A simple google search would have saved you the embarrassment.

Advertisement
Because I assumed you actually followed the chain of comments and had an understanding of the context. As opposed to just responding to a comment without understanding the context.

I will give you a brief synopsis.

Porsters are saying BCs don't matter and our class is elite even though it is 35% BCs.

Another poster said we need 50% BC ratio to win an NC. I chimed in that 50% BC ratio is the absolute minimum we should be shooting for and that in fact of the last 3 finalists the ratio was closer to 75% than 50%. The average of those 6 teams at the time of their NC game is about 70%.

As you pointed out Clemson 16 was an outlier in that they were only 55%, but that still is over 50% and most 55% BC teams are not going to win it unless you have a very elite QB like Clemson and are going against a very mediocre freshman QB like Bama had.

More importantly, Clemson has been stacking chips since then. Their ratio last year was about 65% and look at their current class. Filled with 5 stars.
If BCs didn't matter like some porsters said Clemson would continue "stacking the underated 3 stars" instead of immediately swapping to BCs when they had the chance to.

Also, look at how much more dominant the 18 Clemson team was with all the more BCs. That 55% BC team BARELY scraped past a freshman hurts with upperclassmen Deshaun Watson going against them.

They just blew out a Bama team with a great non freshman QB while using a rookie QB.

You forgot to mention that EVERYONE HAS YET TO PLAY THEIR SENIOR SEASON. The **** yall counting blue chips for right now? @Tony Perps

Smart posters in this thread agree. I’ve also gotten countless DMs where posters tell me how much they agree but don’t want to be attacked by the rabid “three stars are awesome” mob.

Lol

Lies

Advertisement
Honestly every poster in this thread has basically said they agree with me .
I think people agree that we will need a higher blue chip percentage to be in the NC picture. Most people don’t agree with the title of this thread. Most people think Manny deserves at least a season with a full recruiting cycle. He hasn’t coached one game.

It seems that the overall feeling is that we need to go in progressive steps. It’s not reasonable to come from where we’ve been and think that we are going to be right in the game with Bama and Clemson off the bat. That Urban Meyer did it is Urban Meyer being an elite elite elite recruiter and that level is rare.

Start winning the Coastal and our recruiting will improve as will our ability to compete. Then take the next step up - wash, rinse, repeat.

Advertisement
You forgot to mention that EVERYONE HAS YET TO PLAY THEIR SENIOR SEASON. The **** yall counting blue chips for right now? @Tony Perps

I didn't forget. If you followed recruiting before you would know that teams that have the most 3 stars prior to their senior season generally have the most 3 stars after their senior season.

I think people agree that we will need a higher blue chip percentage to be in the NC picture. Most people don’t agree with the title of this thread. Most people think Manny deserves at least a season with a full recruiting cycle. He hasn’t coached one game. It seems that the overall feeling is that we need to go in progressive steps. It’s not reasonable to come from where we’ve been and think that we are going to be right in the game with Bama and Clemson off the bat. That Urban Meyer did it is Urban Meyer being an elite elite elite recruiter and that level is rare. Start winning the Coastal and our recruiting will improve as will our ability to compete. Then take the next step up - wash, rinse, repeat.

What manny deserves is not relevant. As i said its not like hes getting fired after one year, or two, or even three. The point is that he isn’t recruiting well enough to get us out of the same cycle weve been in for 15 years, and if he doesnt do something on the field this year so that we can start recruiting at a higher level, his fate is sealed, just like the previous three guys.

Advertisement
Back