Manny basically has a one year window

I don't think any poster has said "three stars are awesome". So you're inventing fake counterarguments to buttress your ****** argument that Manny has 1 year because of some arbitrary blue-chip ratio. You're obsessed with a threshold that's useful for predicting national competitiveness and you overlook relative differences between our recruiting and the recruiting of other coastal/ACC teams. So I'll lay it out for you, as of right now:

1. Miami Hurricanes, 35 percent blue-chip ratio, 88.66 average (which should improve, btw)
2. North Carolina, 15 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.84
3. Georgia Tech, 5.3 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.24 average
4. Pittsburg Panthers, 6.25 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.98 average
5. Duke Blue Devils, 0 blue-chippers, 85.30 average
6. Virginia Cavaliers, 10 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.83 average
7. Virginia Tech Hookies, 0 blue-chippers, 84.47 average

And I can do the rest of the ACC, which is similarly unimpressive besides FSU and Clemson. You're also not looking at total team composite score, which is more predictive of national success than a blue-chip ratio, since it takes into account roster attrition and roster management. Meaning, you can sign a class of 4 people and if 3 are blue-chippers, you'd obviously have a high ratio, but couldn't field a team.

So your argument sucks. It sucks because you're comparing our recruiting to Clemson and then arguing that Manny only has one year because if our recruiting stays as it is we can never build up. False. Our current recruiting is more than adequate to regularly beat Coastal teams and other ACC foes. If we do that consistently, then we can slowly build our program and improve our recruiting.

Go look at Peterson's record and recruiting classes at UWash. Or Clemson under Dabo. And there are many other examples. This has been done many times before and you're acting like it's impossible.

Lol incredible. “You’re comparing miami to clemson”

*writes a novel*

*compares miami to clemson*

Advertisement
I'm a believer in blue chip ratio but I'm also a believer in that Miami has never won a championship by emulating the blue bloods of college football. When we win our next ring, it will be by doing something different than the other schools. I suspect a large reason for #6 will be the transfer portal.

Miami cant pay to play like the SEC schools and Clemson, but lots of 4 (and even a few 5 star recruits) who aren't starting will find playing in sunny S FL for 1-2 years attractive. Alabama boosters aren't paying $250,000 for a transfer with 2 years of eligibility, so we own the portal. Miami will hit the blue chip ratio by supplementing the HS recruiting with the portal transfers.

There will be a half dozen 3 stars from an earlier class looking to transfer at the end of 2019 (recruited on physical potential, but didn't pan out) , and they will be replaced with 4 star or higher transfers. We'll hit the ideal blue chip ratio by the beginning of 2020, it just won't be in the traditional way.

Miami wins titles by stacking elite talent and combining it with good and sometimes great coaching. Miami wins with hall of famers on the field. You dont get those by recruiting majority three star classes. The last pro bowler we put into the nfl was lamar miller

Advertisement
The star ratio thing has some validity when talking about NCs. But anyone expecting us to win a NC right away is goofy as fck. We’re not there.

What Manny needs to do is have a good year and build some momentum. Then, he needs to follow that up with another good year and not fall on his face. We haven’t strung together two good years in 17 years.

What we can’t do is tank because the vultures will immediately come out, and the toxicity will consume the program like it’s done the last 4 coaches.

We don’t have the blue chip ratio to win a NC, but we have enough blue chips to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a big bowl. Then, we’ll have enough to do the same thing or a little better in 2020. That’s how we will get out of this 17 year nightmare.

Dudes need to get out of this NC or bust mentality because it ain’t happening any time too soon. Build it back up. Then start thinking about NCs.
The legend gets it...

Advertisement
Why the disagreement with this? Sticky this thread cause it's true, and delete all the replies. Everyone in here is like "well our 3 stars could become 4 stars". Duh. And that'd be completely fine. Year after year we have **** classes and we don't achieve much. What don't you guys get? It's beyond simple. If we have a **** class, we will suck.
Except this is not a **** class. No, it's not a Playoff caliber class...anyone who expects it to be given our performance the past few years, including 7-6 last year, is unrealistic. Even more unrealistic is saying Manny has only one year (THAT is what most are in disagreement with, as it's nonsense). Manny needs to show improvement, and evidence that the persistent problems that we can address are being addressed. That's not a one year task.

Additionally, anyone who thinks we will consistently, year in and year out, have recruiting classes like Clemson and Alabama are also delusional. We don't have the recruiting network, and we are under a microscope, far more than those schools. Doesn't mean we can't recruit well, but no, we can't play the recruiting game that they do. We have rely much more so on a combination of some high level recruits, and some **** good evaluations of the under-the-radar types.

Advertisement
Yeah we’ve seen this before. We are recruiting some decent players, second and third team all acc types. Ill take them all day but the first rounders and first team all americans win games. And thats not the latest three star
Agreed.

Hype is fleeting. If Manny doesn’t deliver then we just go right back to what we’ve seen the last 10+ years.

I’m sure there’s a lot of big time players playing the “wait and see” game with us.

Recruits are businessmen as well.

Back to ram ranch, boomer

Your postulation - and subsequent posts - proof positive that Stupid can't recognize their own stupidity.

Your postulation is wrong - it's always been wrong - it's been proven it's wrong many times over - and it's going to be wrong tomorrow. Forever.

Drop trou, ram a few laxatives up your thinker - and clear out some of the backlog.

You're just in a fog.

Advertisement
Way too many weak panicky *** hyperventilating pansies in our fanbase to understand this Chise.

These fools are already trying to set the table to create a zero sum game where they can foam at the mouth at any opportunity to criticize Manny before a single snap has even been played.

All offseason long it's just been one thing after another, every **** day, bhitch, moan, complain & nitpick, wash, rinse, repeat. This sh*t has already gone to Defcon 1 & all Manny has done is get 6-7 commits since Paradise (Rivers 2 weeks before Paradise) & these fck heads are still crying & complaining.

The staff has been on fire the whole month, we're getting more commits than we've had since the class of 2018 & building a lot of momentum coming down the line for when the season starts, but that's not enough for these clowns lol. We have to go undefeated, make the playoffs & win a natty in year 1 or else they're gonna grab the tiki torches & burn the **** house down.

To be sitting with a top 10 class that isn't even finished yet, a revamped offense & a true QB coach, plus a roster with talent all over on both sides of the ball is a pretty **** good spot to be in considering how the season ended last year.

Program rebuilds take time, on top of the fact we don't drop bags in recruiting. Idk why people have this nonsensical "5-stars only bro!" mentality, expecting a top 3-5 class in year 1 for Miami is just plain delusional. The focus should be beat UF, win the coastal & win our bowl game, then parlay that into more success on the recruiting trail.
It’s sad, friend, but a large portion of the mooks in our fanbase feed on strife and worry. They actively mine things to whine and worry about like a prospector looks for gold.

I can picture some of these weaklings with their little screen sifting through shallow water hoping to find that ever so valuable nugget of negativity. They’re already ten digs deep looking for ways to set Manny up so they can be the first **** to tell everyone how they called it.

It’s a helluva social experiment here on cis.

Lol I do not care if you “trust” me. Miami right now has a class with 35% blue chips, had a 35% ratio last year, and you’re here claiming i’m lying. All of this stuff is well documented but youre too dumb and lazy to do it on your own

Who are the other 9 teams with higher blue chip ratios you lying sack of shlt?

You’re just pulling shlt out of your *** like it’s facts.

No data to back up your claims means it’s 100% made up.

You’ve been exposed a liar. I know it hurts.

Who are the other 9 teams with higher blue chip ratios you lying sack of shlt?

You’re just pulling shlt out of your *** like it’s facts.

No data to back up your claims means it’s 100% made up.

You’ve been exposed a liar. I know it hurts.

Great job exposing me lmfao

Advertisement
Back