Manny basically has a one year window

Liar, liar, thoughst pants are ablaze.

Sure I mis-read it, the same way I constantly mis-read Cyrillic script.

Come on man - your sarcasm/syntax/hyperbole/metaphor knives seem to be a tad dull, so I am just assisting you the only way I can (by continuing to be the whetstone on which those knives are honed).

Honestly, I’m aware that I should stop (I know you won’t) - I just happen to enjoy tilting at this particular windmill.

None of what I said, in these posts, were Sarcasm/hyperbole/etc.. It was just facts. You misread it, that is your problem. I got the point across. Everyone else understood it.

Advertisement
None of what I said, in these posts, were Sarcasm/hyperbole/etc.. It was just facts. You misread it, that is your problem. I got the point across. Everyone else understood it.
Lol. Has anyone ever accused you of even trying to make a joke? I lob a couple of non-sequitur rocks with a slingshot, and you respond with artillery fire. I have no doubt that you are utterly incapable of deft touch with respect to using any single literary device - but I figured I could at least help you try and recognize obvious sarcasm (it’s a lot easier to show someone how to admire a Matisse than it is to teach them to paint).

Again - for someone that accuses people of not being able to reed too good, I sure seem to have to repeat myself to you a lot. I plainly stated that I’m taking all your numbers as fact. The stat that you fabricated (I read too much college football garbage on the internet, and you are the first person I’ve seen bring it up) is the new/improved blue chip ratio - which started at 75, then moved to around 70, except for when it’s about 55.

Lol. Has anyone ever accused you of even trying to make a joke? I lob a couple of non-sequitur rocks with a slingshot, and you respond with artillery fire. I have no doubt that you are utterly incapable of deft touch with respect to using any single literary device - but I figured I could at least help you try and recognize obvious sarcasm (it’s a lot easier to show someone how to admire a Matisse than it is to teach them to paint).

Again - for someone that accuses people of not being able to reed too good, I sure seem to have to repeat myself to you a lot. I plainly stated that I’m taking all your numbers as fact. The stat that you fabricated (I read too much college football garbage on the internet, and you are the first person I’ve seen bring it up) is the new/improved blue chip ratio - which started at 75, then moved to around 70, except for when it’s about 55.

Let me simplify it even further since you are still not getting it.

The average BC ratio of the 6 teams that have made the finals in the past 3 years is closer to 75% than 50%. AKA Manny isn't going to win schit if he keeps recruiting like he coaches at Va Tech.

Advertisement
Let me simplify it even further since you are still not getting it.

The average BC ratio of the 6 teams that have made the finals in the past 3 years is closer to 75% than 50% except for when it isn’t. AKA Manny isn't going to win schit if he keeps recruiting like he coaches at Va Tech.
That’s not simplifying - that’s attempting to make clear and concise (though marginally different). There is still some ambiguity (when you say average, do you mean of each team individually or all 6 rosters in the aggregate?) but I can actually, somewhat, understand your premise now. I don’t completely agree with the conclusion but I at least know more about what you were trying to get across. One more try and I think we’ll get there, and then you can thank me for helping you flesh out your original jumbled mess of a thought.

That’s not simplifying - that’s attempting to make clear and concise (though marginally different). There is still some ambiguity (when you say average, do you mean of each team individually or all 6 rosters in the aggregate?) but I can actually, somewhat, understand your premise now. I don’t completely agree with the conclusion but I at least know more about what you were trying to get across. One more try and I think we’ll get there, and then you can thank me for helping you flesh out your original jumbled mess of a thought.

It is not marginally different. It is what I said. I am simplifying it for you since you seem to have trouble understand things longer than one sentence.

I mean if you take the percentage of BCs of the 6 teams add them together and divide by 6. The answer is closer to 75% than it is to 50%.

It is not marginally different. It is what I said. I am simplifying it for you since you seem to have trouble understand things longer than one sentence.

I mean if you take the percentage of BCs of the 6 teams add them together and divide by 6. The answer is closer to 75% than it is to 50%.

Let me try and hash it out a little more. The crux of your argument is - the average bcr of 16 bama/clem, 17 bama/uga and 18 bama/clem, together, is above 62.5%. 16 Clem was about 55, 18 Clem was about 61 and 17 Georgia was 62. So all of this miasma was just to show that Bama doesn't take many 3*s. Why didn't you just say that the first time?

You know what - maybe I'm just incapable of grasping your ingenious new concept of "let's have better players than the other team." I've always been more of a visual learner though. Maybe if you created a PowerPoint presentation on the subject and included some charts/graphs, perhaps a gif or two, I might be able to nail it down. Please send the completed project to imclearlymessingwithyou@lightenupman.com

Advertisement
Let me try and hash it out a little more. The crux of your argument is - the average bcr of 16 bama/clem, 17 bama/uga and 18 bama/clem, together, is above 62.5%. 16 Clem was about 55, 18 Clem was about 61 and 17 Georgia was 62. So all of this miasma was just to show that Bama doesn't take many 3*s. Why didn't you just say that the first time?

You know what - maybe I'm just incapable of grasping your ingenious new concept of "let's have better players than the other team." I've always been more of a visual learner though. Maybe if you created a PowerPoint presentation on the subject and included some charts/graphs, perhaps a gif or two, I might be able to nail it down. Please send the completed project to imclearlymessingwithyou@lightenupman.com

I was explaining this to someone else who doesn't agree that "having better players than the other team is important". They think we can just stack Florida 3 stars like we are FIU and win the natty. I was just going back and forth with you about the above 62.5% thing.

I was explaining this to someone else who doesn't agree that "having better players than the other team is important". They think we can just stack Florida 3 stars like we are FIU and win the natty. I was just going back and forth with you about the above 62.5% thing.
Excellent use of the straw man young padawan. Though you’d agree that there is a difference between recruiting like FIU and having a top 8 class 2 out of the last 3 cycles, right? And, yeah, unless you can see into the future, our current class is ranked where it is. You can’t assume that everyone behind us will de facto rise because... because, while our only outcome is to drop like a sack of bricks.

During your timeframe only one team in the country had a bcr over even 65%, that’s why I chose to pick on your (poorly couched) “closer to 75%” stat. Though true, not entirely representative.

Excellent use of the straw man young padawan. Though you’d agree that there is a difference between recruiting like FIU and having a top 8 class 2 out of the last 3 cycles, right? And, yeah, unless you can see into the future, our current class is ranked where it is. You can’t assume that everyone behind us will de facto rise because... because, while our only outcome is to drop like a sack of bricks.

During your timeframe only one team in the country had a bcr over even 65%, that’s why I chose to pick on your (poorly couched) “closer to 75%” stat. Though true, not entirely representative.

And surprise surprise. That one team happened to make the NC every year. I didn't say every single team is going to rise. I don't expect FIU To surpass us, but the usual suspects will all pass us up when they start finishing up their classes.

We are not talking about Richts classes here. I am talking about Manny. Look at the title of this thread. Richt was doing a decent job of building or roster.

tenor (10).gif

Advertisement
And surprise surprise. That one team happened to make the NC every year. I didn't say every single team is going to rise. I don't expect FIU To surpass us, but the usual suspects will all pass us up when they start finishing up their classes.

We are not talking about Richts classes here. I am talking about Manny. Look at the title of this thread. Richt was doing a decent job of building or roster.
Yeah. We all know bama is good. You’re not breaking any news there. But, aren’t they the outlier?

Ok. One recruiting class, in July, and you’ve learned all you need to know. Got it.

Richt did not do a good job of building the roster, and the reason you dont see it is the BCR statistic is flawed. Richt refused to actually fill the roster. every empty spot was in essence filled by a 0 star. But the ratio focuses who is signed, not the actual roster. So he can look smart by not trying.

Manny is recruiting okay so far. We will see about his evals. On O, he is really moving the needle. OL class shaping up very strongly, 3 really talented wrs committed, very good qb prospect, top rb. Anyone who doesnt see that is trolling or blind. On D, we’ll see. He knows what he wants. Lets see of he evaluates well.

Advertisement

You seem to be a relatively smart guy. We can resolve this pretty easily with a simple linear regression. For the past, say, 5 years, we have the top 25 end-season rankings of all the college football teams, and we have the pre-season blue chip ratios.

Would be extremely simple to run the numbers and see whether final rankings correlate with blue chip ratios. Something tells me that they do STRONGLY correlate.

Shall we check?

Yeah. We all know bama is good. You’re not breaking any news there. But, aren’t they the outlier?

Ok. One recruiting class, in July, and you’ve learned all you need to know. Got it.

They are not the outlier. Look at all the other teams with high blue chips. They fare much better than the teams with low BC%.

One recruiting class, plus all his years as DC and position coach.

Advertisement
Back