Manny as AD

Advertisement
Don't insult my guy Cornette like that. Frankly, I'd pay to have Corny cut a promo on Diaz. I never thought I'd hate anyone as much as Cornette hates Vince Russo, but Manny Diaz changed that. Congrats Manny!
You hate Diaz more than Golden, Richt and Shannon? Why?

Alzono Highsmith. Dude can talk and knows ball on this level and NFL.
Has never dealt with fundraising, hasn't dealt with college athletics for the better part of the last 3 decades(Outside of stopping in on scouting visits and whatnot). I wouldn't have a problem with Zo being the Asst AD overseeing football, reporting to a strong, competent AD that has the big picture, but I do not want Zo running the entire show. This isn't the NFL, where you can be singleminded. Dealing with boosters, dealing with donors, dealing with all the business crap requires a particular kind of mind, and I don't know if Zo has the patience for all that stuff. He has been in the pro ranks for awhile, where you don't have to worry about that stuff. I was hoping Zo would get a GM job, because he would be dynamite there. I'd love to have him as the Football Czar here, where the AD gives him unfettered authority.

You hate Diaz more than Golden, Richt and Shannon? Why?
Golden and Richt were hires I could at least justify. Even Shannon was a guy that was a rising star, an alum. Diaz is just a lazy, pathetic hire by a lazy, inept AD. Never mind the fact that Diaz is the ultimate bull**** artist.

Was just thinking Manny is the ‘king of the off season’ and is a great salesman for Miami as a school and brand. What if we made a Celtics/Brad Stevens type move for Manny to be AD instead of head coach. He might be better at finding a great coach than he is at being one?

Idk, just throwing it out there. Never gonna happen.
Thought about this too, but quickly remembered just how stubborn Manny is about certain things like his coaching philosophy. He does make the necessary changes but the problem is that there’s always necessary changes to be made with him. He only changes when the change is obvious and there’s heat around the corner. He is reactionary and not proactive. He doesn’t plan well.

He’d be great as the football program’s head of marketing.

Advertisement
Golden and Richt were hires I could at least justify. Even Shannon was a guy that was a rising star, an alum. Diaz is just a lazy, pathetic hire by a lazy, inept AD. Never mind the fact that Diaz is the ultimate bull**** artist.
But all three failed here. Golden tried to slink off to Penn St ffs - he stopped answering his phone. Richt hired his unqualified son to be the QB coach.

Diaz is better than all three imo. Is he the answer? No, probably not, but I'm not going to crucify him and let the last three off the hook.

Only if it saves money firing him would I entertain an ASSISTANT AD role to off set the firing a bit

Quite frankly, I think OP might be onto something here. Manny could very well end up being a good AD.

He's a football-oriented guy and truly does want UM football to succeed. The role of a what an AD at UM should be seems to fit Manny's skillsets. He's passionate about football. Structure and organization is where Manny has succeeded. Its the actual X's & O's where Manny's shortcomings exist.

The only real fear I would have is that Manny is a political woke type. Would he be willing to clean house in the Athletic Department or would he allow the jennifer strawley's to remain.

What Is Happening Digital Art GIF by Robert Ek

What movie is this?

Advertisement
Was just thinking Manny is the ‘king of the off season’ and is a great salesman for Miami as a school and brand. What if we made a Celtics/Brad Stevens type move for Manny to be AD instead of head coach. He might be better at finding a great coach than he is at being one?

He hired Dan Enos. End of story.

But all three failed here. Golden tried to slink off to Penn St ffs - he stopped answering his phone. Richt hired his unqualified son to be the QB coach.

Diaz is better than all three imo. Is he the answer? No, probably not, but I'm not going to crucify him and let the last three off the hook.
This is where a lot of people in our fanbase fail to get the point. A hire can make a ton of sense at the time and fail, because we are talking about human beings and in hiring, there are things you can't plan on. For example, no one could predict Richt getting sick or starting his physical decline(Honestly, I think Richt started getting sick long before he retired), no one could predict that Golden would be willing to tank his career for D'Onofrio, despite being the most ambitious coach Miami had hired in well over a decade. As a hiring manager, your goal is to find the best people you can, knowing full well that some will ultimately fail. Even great hiring managers hire a dud, the problem is when you consistently hire people that shouldn't be in the running, candidates whose success probabilities are bad to start with.

Diaz's hire made zero sense the night he was hired, because we all knew that Miami hadn't done a search, no one else had been interviewed. Richt, for all his faults didn't force the school to make a tough decision, he walked away on his own, and as a result saved the athletic department millions. Instead of taking advantage of Richt doing his alma mater a solid, Blake James went out and **** himself. This is why I can't stand Diaz. He shouldn't have been hired in the first place and we know full well he wasn't qualified for the position.

Manny diaz team posting here trying to get him a gig if things fall apart on the field? Chess not checkers

He hired Dan Enos. End of story.

Not the end of the story. He fired him a year later and upgraded.

I expect the mouth breathing fans to post what you did. I expect more from you. Think about it for a few minutes. Manny could very well end up being a decent AD. He's certainly more football minded than the current AD and his underling hench-bytchez.

We all want blake james gone but nary a word about who would replace him. Sam Jankovich aint walking thru that door, brother.

Advertisement
Don't insult my guy Cornette like that. Frankly, I'd pay to have Corny cut a promo on Diaz. I never thought I'd hate anyone as much as Cornette hates Vince Russo, but Manny Diaz changed that. Congrats Manny!
Very true! Vince Russo was one of the big culprits in ruining WCW. Eric Bischoff shoots on it in his YouTube podcast 86 weeks. It’s pretty good if you haven’t listened to it before.

Advertisement
A bit of Nepotism at play, Manure knows people in high places..

No thanks. Keep Manny as far as way from the program as possible. Guy’s a fraud. He’s that guy at the workplace that talks a whole bunch of **** but gets nothing done. Not sure why there’s this love fest with Manny. He’s not a UM legacy guy. Ship his corny *** back to Tally.

He would kill it as an Associate AD responsible for promotions, PR, and selling tickets.

Advertisement
Back