Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

Pinckney is a problem. Gilbert frierson is a problem. Both of those guys are ******** around. Gilbert showed up the stadium wearing ski goggles with an orange mirrored lens. Don’t tell me kids will be kids. Ain’t no kid doing that in front of Saban or Dabo. They’re focused on the game and game prep and not what they’re wearing. Stop letting our guys disrespect their team and coaches with this selfish attitude

Bull****!! Its FIU not Clemson... Miami players should be able to show up to the stadium with orange tinted googles, gold chains, Instagram models and whatever the **** else and still win by 40+!!

How you show up to a game has nothing to do with your performance against a scrub team like FIU! It’s all coaches and the quarterback period... defense didn’t lose this game, Jarren Williams and the coaching staff did.

Advertisement
Also Nick and Urban guys like that....that have losing records year one u can deal with because the hope is the new class cause u know it's elite. So you as a fan are thinking ok I'm ok cause help is on the way....Julio Jones is on the way...we don't have that Manny doesn't have that that's not his strength.

jesus christ another mouthbreather who thinks its the magic culture virus and poor manny just needs to find the cure.

we hired a guy who barely earned the temple gig. theres your answer. this **** aint hard guys.

When did I say that? LOL. I was strictly giving my opinion on Mannys thoughts in the interview. I personally don't give a **** about culture. Culture is built by winning. Nobody who is a failure has any culture in there program. Start winning a bunch of games and all of a sudden culture appears out of thin air.

His problem is he can't get these kids to hate losing so much that they don't even want to wake up the next morning. You lose to UF, and maybe its talent issue. You lose to FIU and it aint just coaching, those kids need to be held accountable too. I am not letting them off the hook for this. Even when we were down 16-0 you would think they would wake up at some point. They didn't.

That said, its no secret that Manny did an "F" job as a HC this year. He is on academic probation going into next year. If there is no improvement, hes gotta go.

Lol you think Trevon Hill transferred to Miami to be part of a .500 team that has played the easiest schedule in a decade, almost lost to Central Michigan and got embarrassed by FIU??
If I was Trevon Hill I wouldn’t listen to **** these bums have to say either... fck Manny Diaz! Lol

Advertisement
Bull****!! Its FIU not Clemson... Miami players should be able to show up to the stadium with orange tinted googles, gold chains, Instagram models and whatever the **** else and still win by 40+!!

How you show up to a game has nothing to do with your performance against a scrub team like FIU! It’s all coaches and the quarterback period... defense didn’t lose this game, Jarren Williams and the coaching staff did.
You practice how you play. Treat everyone equal

Lincoln Riley was on Bob Stoops' staff.

Dabo Swinney was a wide receivers coach on Tommy Bowden's staff when the keys were turned over upon Bowden's exit.

Ryan Day coached under Urban Meyer. Ed Orgeron was under Les Miles.

The list goes on.

Miami's problem wasn't promoting guys from the previous staffs—it's who the promoted.

Nothing about Larry Coker or Randy Shannon had "head coaching material" written all over them. Both were last ditch efforts for different reasons; Coker to keep things rolling in 2001, Shannon because they struck out on Schiano and no one else wanted the job going into 2007. Jury is still out on Manny, but he was hired away to take over at Temple—a program that sniffed out Matt Rhule and found marginal success with Geoff Collins.

Meanwhile, Shannon has barely climbed back to DC after his time at Miami; a position coach for years after—and Coker got a charity HC position at UTSA when they needed a name to launch a football program from scratch.

I would say that Lincoln Riley isn’t close to related to the others. Stoops was 11-2 his final year before Riley was handed the reigns.

The key difference in Day and Oregeron and why Manny’s situation ****es me off is that they didn’t cry about having to change the culture every time something went wrong. They cleaned house and hired their guys and took off. They knew they could win immediately if they hired the best guys. To have a culture problem, we’ve continued to play the same exact guys every game. If someone is a cancer.. dismiss their *** or bench them and move on.

Also Nick and Urban guys like that....that have losing records year one u can deal with because the hope is the new class cause u know it's elite. So you as a fan are thinking ok I'm ok cause help is on the way....Julio Jones is on the way...we don't have that Manny doesn't have that that's not his strength.

True but Urban and Nick weren't depending strictly on freshman that 2nd year either. They had to get the kids who were apart of those 7-6 teams to buy into what they were doing going into that 2nd season. Saban had a 4 game losing streak that year too. Won his last game and went 12-2 the very next season. Now how he did it with the same roster from the 7-6 team that lost to La-Monroe? That's what Manny needs to research and find out.

Advertisement
The good/great coaches aren’t always yapping about culture and disease and all that nonsense. They create a competitive environment and they provide the leadership.

As the HC, your primary job is motivating your team and pushing the right buttons to get your team ready every week. If the team looks dead during the game because you didn’t do your job getting them ready for the last 2 weeks, then press some buttons during the game.

Put Perry in for a series or two. Maybe he brings a spark. Go tempo. Tire the outmanned team out and stop them from flopping and resting. Give your team a jolt of energy. Don’t just stand there looking the perpetual bottom in a ghey ****.

Bottom line: Why are you taking $4M per year if you’re not even able to do your primary job—motivation and button pushing? You’re useless if you’re sitting around abdicating that job waiting for the disease to cure itself or for the locker room to take over.

Then the alleged disease graduates, and next year’s excuse will be youth. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Manny is no real "victim". I have no sympathy for him. I am just saying, he didn't hire himself and he shouldn't have been in a position like that to begin with.
I agree 100%, but Manny and BJ are not mutually exclusive. Your point is also correct that BJ has no business making the next hire and needs to go before Manny. I can't believe what an unmitigated disaster the entire AD is at this point and how shortsighted the admin, board, Frenk are about this.

Absolutely scary that he puts full blame on motivational issues. He said he’d put everything under review. That would mean rotations, schemes, play calling, even nutrition/fitness. But this is the junk he says. Aka no paid adult did anything wrong, the kids just weren’t hyped enough...

Advertisement
The good/great coaches aren’t always yapping about culture and disease and all that nonsense. They create a competitive environment and they provide the leadership.

As the HC, your primary job is motivating your team and pushing the right buttons to get your team ready every week. If the team looks dead during the game because you didn’t do your job getting them ready for the last 2 weeks, then press some buttons during the game.

Put Perry in for a series or two. Maybe he brings a spark. Go tempo. Tire the outmanned team out and stop them from flopping and resting. Give your team a jolt of energy. Don’t just stand there looking the perpetual bottom in a ghey ****.

Bottom line: Why are you taking $4M per year if you’re not even able to do your primary job—motivation and button pushing? You’re useless if you’re sitting around abdicating that job waiting for the disease to cure itself or for the locker room to take over.

Then the alleged disease graduates, and next year’s excuse will be youth. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And the one thing I thought he would actually be great at in this role, he isn't. And that's creating a competitive environment and holding everyone accountable.

The competent coaches are able to do this. We haven’t had a competent coach in a long time.

If we hired a competent coach, which is such a low bar, it would be the first one in the ACC Coastal.

At a minimum, we would dominate FIU, CMU and the POS that make up the ACC Coastal.

To be envious of a competent coach and AD. How pathetic.

Advertisement
Absolutely scary that he puts full blame on motivational issues. He said he’d put everything under review. That would mean rotations, schemes, play calling, even nutrition/fitness. But this is the junk he says. Aka no paid adult did anything wrong, the kids just weren’t hyped enough...

I think everyone is up for review including coaches. If anything, I think Blake is going to force his hand like he did Richt at the end of last year. Diaz doesn't have enough cred built up to walk around Hecht telling people what he is and isn't going to do. They will pressure him to make changes.

True but Urban and Nick weren't depending strictly on freshman that 2nd year either. They had to get the kids who were apart of those 7-6 teams to buy into what they were doing going into that 2nd season. Saban had a 4 game losing streak that year too. Won his last game and went 12-2 the very next season. Now how he did it with the same roster from the 7-6 team that lost to La-Monroe? That's what Manny needs to research and find out.
Trust me the recruiting class he had coming in helped that following year. Saban and those guys are different animals......we only have one guy next class I believe that u can say he's a Savage and that's Chaney and he may not even be a guarantee savage. **** he may not even play year one. This is Diaz who wasn't some guy known for recruiting....on top of that he hired a staff that isn't known for recruiting.

Advertisement
Back