Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

Advertisement
I think everyone is up for review including coaches. If anything, I think Blake is going to force his hand like he did Richt at the end of last year. Diaz doesn't have enough cred built up to walk around Hecht telling people what he is and isn't going to do. They will pressure him to make changes.
Blake isn’t going to do ****

Blake isn’t going to do ****

Based on his track record, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He **** sure said something to Richt that made him just resign instead of having to make changes. And after a loss to FIU and a utter failure of a season, Blake has to know his job is on thin ice as well.

Blake is pretty in tune to things I will give him that. He made sure to have a presser and make the media rounds after that GT loss knowing the wolves would be out..Wouldn't be surprised if he read this board. That said, all eyes are on him and Manny for the next 45-60 days. They better do something. At least if they want any more of my money.

Any coach worth a **** doesn't have to "pray" that his players break out of their soft, uncaring mentality come game time. A real coach has already instilled that type of discipline by reinforcing the standard by which he expects them to conduct themselves and then putting in place real consequences if that standard is not being met. To have this be such an issue this late in the season leads me to believe that that just isn't being done.

Capture butch gatorade.JPG

Advertisement
So I feel good that I am not the only one that got that impression. He wants to fix the problem. Knows its holding this team back from being great...but all be damned if he just doesn't know how to do it. Smh.
The thing is, I'm starting to think the only "disease" we have is just plain bad coaching.
Everybody in this coaching staff should be demoted one step down the ladder.
HC should be a DC
OC should be a QB coach
DC should be in FCS
Position coaches, the majority, should be analysts

Anyone with common sense can see Manny is a fraud, these kids aren't as naive as y'all think. They just happen to be misguided. This team is 100% the reflection of the men leading this team. Its simple 🤷🏿‍♂️

If this season ends bad (maybe even if it doesn't) I think we will see all we need to see in the offseason if we all of a sudden see multiple transfers from players that we didn't expect it from.

Advertisement
Anyone with common sense can see Manny is a fraud, these kids aren't as naive as y'all think. They just happen to be misguided. This team is 100% the reflection of the men leading this team. Its simple 🤷🏿‍♂️
Respect is earned, not given. From those comments it sounds like this team does not respect Manny.

What excuse did I make for him? LOL. I didn't say it wasn't his fault. What I said was he wants to fix it, but doesn't know how. In any other profession, that is a fireable offense, I agree. ..But we know Manny isn't getting fired. So what now?

has there ever been a coach that didnt want to fix it? that is seriously the dumbest talking point of all time.

“manny wants to fix it guys!”

Frankly, this team looks virtually identical to what it did under Radio. There is no way to know what you are going to get in a given week. Units excel, then flop. Individual players excel, then flop. And they do so with no obvious regard for the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. This sort of wild inconsistency is down to preparation by the coaches. And they've gotten it really, really wrong at UNC, vs. CMU, VT, GT, and FIU. Five times in one season? It's not an aberration. They profoundly suck at game planning.

And when the other team has clearly schemed to exploit our weaknesses, we are either really late in adjusting or have not done so at all.

Advertisement
Disease is definitely prevalent in this team but if he does believe that none of it lies in the Xs and Os of the scheme then he will with 100% certainty fail here. Everything is a mess and a steadying hand like MR should have been the lead in to a big time jump and we wasted it on this idiot.

We’re doomed

Thing is let's say we hire a Savage AD.....let's say by some miracle we get an AD with balls (assuming he gets passed Strawley and doesn't offend her like Dan Mullen did). Lets say this is the twilight zone and we hire someone with balls...the minute he does a balls move and even says I'm the AD I make the call....he will be low key fired or there will be a "stepped down" story cause of family issues. They don't want alphas they want yes men they can control
I mean u never know until you try. It is better than doing nothing. Strawlet needs to go to, but the only thing I can see happening is Flake getting canned, which I believe he will pretty soon.

Advertisement
has there ever been a coach that didnt want to fix it? that is seriously the dumbest talking point of all time.

“manny wants to fix it guys!”

Hes not getting fired this season and that's clear or they would have done it by now. So the only thing left for him to do is spend the offseason trying to fix it. (shrugs) If he doesn't, we all know what his fate will be. Especially seeing that season ticket sales will be down due to this being probably the worst home schedule we have had in decades. Blake should be fired for that alone.

Going paragraph by paragraph as to why you are entitled to your opinion, but it is horrifically misguided.

1) He recruited half of the roster we currently have over the last four years. His defense gave up 30 points to a terrible team and caved late when we needed stops. What makes you think he is able to spot foundation-type kids in the 2020 class when he was not able to in the past several cycles?

2) What did 55 and 56 do to "lead by example" and how were they important on this year's team? They had 2-3 good games out of 11 and w ere often out of place or responsible for big plays. That aside, what exactly were their examples in preparation or focus given our record coming out of bye weeks. The issues were not only with offense. We have come out on defense and crapped the bed multiple weeks. They are the defensive leaders. That is on them and their lack of leadership.

3) The "deserving of three years" nonsense has to end. No one deserves anything in this world. That is garbage. He said himself there was no rebuild. If a rebuild was necessary, then de facto, he should never have been considered for the job. He has been here for a full recruiting cycle of his players coming in. We have roster holes and depth/experience issues all over the defense next year. His recruiting has been a mess and continues to be. That aside, he has been here for four years. He was part of the broken culture under Richt and continues to be under himself. He is not your standard outside hire that had no role in 50% of the roster and culture that led to below average results.

4) Make no mistake, this is the offense Manny wants. He said it himself in the last two weeks. This is his tempo and his vision of what a Miami offense should be. If he sees our offense is being shut out against FIU, he needs to be the one to tell Enos we are going up tempo and going to be the aggressors. If he cannot see that, he should not be the coach. If he is unable to dictate that, he should also not be the coach.

5) He has not said one thing of substance about how to fix this. Rather, he said he does not know how to fix the culture on QAM today. This jackhole is your typical South Beach scenester... all flash, no substance, and no idea of the hard work that it actually takes to succeed and get things done. You can sit outside of LIV and be blinded by the bling and cameras, I will keep perspective and see the plastic BS that it is.

6) That is great that he does not sound like Randy. Unfortunately, he sounds exactly like Golden.

7) I am not sure what traits you are seeing and especially not after this season.
He sounds exactly like Folden. And his results are exactly like Radio's.

Well the problem is not going anywhere because he has nobody on his staff that can help him. Manny is a first year HC and we all thought he was going to figure things out as he go, but in reality Manny ****ed up when he built his staff. His just is just flat out bad and he is going to need to make some really tough decisions if he wants to keep his job k his HC career alive. He better recognize that the root of the problem is X's and O's, and not that it's just a culture problem. These kids are not stupid and no matter how much you yell, majority of the time it is hard to get people to buy in when they know it will not work.

So a guy with no experience and no pedigree comes in and completely botches his staff hires. And your solution is to just let him pick an entirely new staff again?

How about hire someone who actually knows what he’s doing to be HC.

Advertisement
Back