Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

If he doesn’t know how to fix it, then there’s no point in bringing him back.

But I wouldn’t expect him to know how to fix it since he was a part of building this current roster anyways.
Exactly. He can *****, moan, and cry about lack of focus, accountability and leadership from this team, but HALF the current roster was recruited by him and his defensive staff. Just marinate on that for a moment.

Advertisement
If Manny doesn’t fire Enos this offseason then all hope is lost

Enos is to Manny as Dorito is to Golden

Wait until the day after early signing day though
Based off of Mandy’s interview a couple of weeks ago, this is exactly the offense he wants. Power running like the old days. So he can bring in all of the coordinators he wants, but unless and until he pulls his head out of his *** about what type of offense will be most successful, it won’t matter one iota.

That shot of Trevon Hill completely ignoring Manny when he was talking to him after that penalty should tell you everything. It's a hard problem. Maybe it is Manny's fault. Maybe it's the players. It's probably both.

But I'll give him this. We always rag on coaches for not getting talent regardless of personality, past, etc. So what does Manny do? He goes and gets guys like Trevon, busts his *** to get JT4 back, finds a Tate Martell (Just watch the netflix show with him), keeps Jarren despite all the transferring rumors, and then we ***** at him cause he can't keep these sorts of cancers in line that refuse to listen or take things seriously.

What older dudes on the team do you really have to look at for leadership? Think about that.
The story of the Qb room is well documented, but you got different flaky qualities in all of them. Then you got our garbage OL and the fact that someone like Donaldson and that he's had to be benched at any point, despite his talent and seniority tells me a lot. Look at how slow and lethargic he's playing. He's not inspiring anyone. You got people leaving left and right at WR and people like Cager doing well on borderline playoff teams.
During the game, Deejay getting hurt took the air out of the team. We have no Brevin and this was the first game Mallory did anything and that's just offense...

I have tried to remember the last time our Baseball team, Basketball team and Football teams have all been so mediocre for such a long time. I am 110% onboard with Blake being fired.
That’s what happens when you promote assistants from failed regimes without an interview process for two of them and bend over for the NCAA instead of how every other school handled the Adidas scandal for the third.

Advertisement
I thought it was funny when he said, "At some point, one of these classes is going to be the class to bring it back. I know we have said it for 10+ years now but its bound to happen". Smh. Jesus, Manny. Didn't help yourself there.
He loves throwing his players under the bus. Don't know how the players continue to play for him and how any kid would want to play for him. The guy isn't just a clown but a piece of **** too boot. Terrible combination.

People forget manny WAS apart of the previous staff. The infectious disease he speaks of, he helped create as a DC these last years. And when it comes to subpar coaching we saw Saturday, he hired those guys!

There's nothing to suggest Manny can fix the problem or is even aware of the actual issue.

I listened, as well—and sounds to me like he believes the disease gets fixed through recruiting the right kids moving forward; the type of guys who want to be part of a rebuild—which is contrary to the type of me-first athlete the exists today in abundance.

From the sounds of what he said, he feels a lot of these foundation-type kids are in the 2020 class, as well as a lot who stuck around and signed on for 2019—which means a small step forward in 2020 and a measurable one in 2021, most likely.

Completely agree with the sentiment about 55 and 56 not being the vocal leaders this program needed—but both (especially 55) were lead-by-example types and we're important part of this year's team. That said, they're both part of the old regime and not the type of player Miami needs moving forward. (Go listen to 55's coachspeak when talking about the loss to FIU. Very robotic. Zero passion, frustration or anger.)

Fully agree the issue is mostly mental—but from his post-game presser, I got the sense that he's not thrilled with Enos' play calling—when he gave his "everything under investigation" quote. Curious to see how that plays out. Personally think Enos is a bad fit and that he needs someone else in there. Curious how willing he is to pull the trigger there year one.

Definitely a baptism by fire this year for Manny and he underperformed. That said, he deserves at least three years to get this done—and is saying enough of the right things to show that he knows where he wants to take this; but hasn't yet proved he knows how to get it there—hence the next two years to see if he can pull it off.

Disagree with the other poster who said Shannon said the same things. As someone who had to listen to literally every one of Randy's pressers to write about the program, the difference between Shannon and Diaz as head coaches with a vision is night and day. Randy was absolutely lost from 2007 to 2010 when taking over this team; a teacher's assistant type who was promoted to professor and simply wanted to go back his assistant role—proven by his career trajectory since Miami—a position coach for years before even getting another crack at defensive coordinator again.

Manny has the right traits for the job. Time will tell if he's able to get it done. More "ready" guys have failed on the big stage, as knowing what to do an executing are two vastly different things. Hope he can pull it off.

Bro, you had me until you said Manny should get 3 years. I would agree if he had gone 8-4/9-3. MAYBE even 8-5. (lose bowl game)

But for us to be staring down the barrel of a 6-7/7-6 season..sorry, cannot guarantee him his job if we don't come out MUCH approved next year. Especially with yet ANOTHER easy schedule.

Advertisement
Based off of Mandy’s interview a couple of weeks ago, this is exactly the offense he wants. Power running like the old days. So he can bring in all of the coordinators he wants, but unless and until he pulls his head out of his *** about what type of offense will be most successful, it won’t matter one iota.

We run the ball 30 times per game. That is 121st in the nation. ONE HUNNID N TWENNY FIRST.

Dan Enos is no different than Mark Richt, James Coley, Jedd Fisch, Mark Whipple, etc. Dudes that are out of touch with the modern game and modern offenses and don't understand what it takes to win offensively in college football over the past decade or so. We run some archaic nonsense and put absolutely no effort in establishing a true run game.

That shot of Trevon Hill completely ignoring Manny when he was talking to him after that penalty should tell you everything. It's a hard problem. Maybe it is Manny's fault. Maybe it's the players. It's probably both.

But I'll give him this. We always rag on coaches for not getting talent regardless of personality, past, etc. So what does Manny do? He goes and gets guys like Trevon, busts his *** to get JT4 back, finds a Tate Martell (Just watch the netflix show with him), keeps Jarren despite all the transferring rumors, and then we ***** at him cause he can't keep these sorts of cancers in line that refuse to listen or take things seriously.

What older dudes on the team do you really have to look at for leadership? Think about that.
The story of the Qb room is well documented, but you got different flaky qualities in all of them. Then you got our garbage OL and the fact that someone like Donaldson and that he's had to be benched at any point, despite his talent and seniority tells me a lot. Look at how slow and lethargic he's playing. He's not inspiring anyone. You got people leaving left and right at WR and people like Cager doing well on borderline playoff teams.
During the game, Deejay getting hurt took the air out of the team. We have no Brevin and this was the first game Mallory did anything and that's just offense...
He got ignored because he doesn't garner respect. Its as simple as that. A coach that garners respect can get even the most insane player to fall in line. Urban had a ******* psychopath on his team.

Its all coaching. Treveon Hill came in looking for a fresh start, saw the hype around the defense and bought in. When he got here he probably saw how soft the whole program was including Manny himself.

He is a “victim”. He was hired for a position he couldn’t do. It isn’t his fault and he didn’t hire himself. Our decision makers put him in this position and he was going to fail miserably at it.

He has no idea what to do. He is a “victim” of gross incompetence, apathy, waste and lack of accountability.

Do you blame a 10 year old for driving the car through the garage after you start the car and put him in it?
I don’t blame him for taking the job. I have never coached but if BJ offered it to me, I would take the job tomorrow. However, he is a 40+ year old being paid well into the 7 figures a year. He is not a victim.

jesus christ another mouthbreather who thinks its the magic culture virus and poor manny just needs to find the cure.

we hired a guy who barely earned the temple gig. theres your answer. this **** aint hard guys.

Advertisement
I don’t blame him for taking the job. I have never coached but if BJ offered it to me, I would take the job tomorrow. However, he is a 40+ year old being paid well into the 7 figures a year. He is not a victim.

Do you see the “quotation marks”?

All incoming classes have group chats about how they will turn it around. So Diaz wants me to believe that if Shaq went to Clemson or Bama he wouldn't be mentally prepared?

That's a coaching and talent thing but more of coaching....if u can't wake the kids up for FIU then what makes u think the 2020 class will wake up? Cause of a group chat? Words are words until u get punched in the face

He's actually causing a low key division inside the locker room pretty much saying all these classes suck except my 2020 class lol. Guy doesn't know wtf he's doing

We run the ball 30 times per game. That is 121st in the nation. ONE HUNNID N TWENNY FIRST.

Dan Enos is no different than Mark Richt, James Coley, Jedd Fisch, Mark Whipple, etc. Dudes that are out of touch with the modern game and modern offenses and don't understand what it takes to win offensively in college football over the past decade or so. We run some archaic nonsense and put absolutely no effort in establishing a true run game.
I agree with you. You can still run the ball and establish that, while having a spread, up tempo offense. LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma all do a good job of this. His handling of the offense is the same as Golden with his defensive philosophies. Everyone wanted to place all blame on Onofrio. Golden was the one that allowed it and approves that scheme. This is the same.

Advertisement
PEnos is garbage, and Baker should not be getting a pass by any means. Going into it you could say that at least PEnos had some decent experience but the Baker hire kind of blew me away.

Now I am looking at both and wondering why in the **** Manny doesnt find a way to surround himself with some legit coaching experience on both sides of the ball.

I feel like non of the hottest young coaches want to be at Miami because, as mentioned before our fanbase is just a little too rabid when it come to the coaches. No coach want to have to deal with that from a fanbase that doesnt hardly even show up to home games. The FIU crowd was more than pathetic.

bc Manny is a joke and no legit coordinator wants to work for a guy that they know has no business being a HC at a P5.

another genius right here smfh..

Advertisement
Back