Man you all are funny...

I didn't even watch the game to be honest... When your arch rival is playing Bama and your going against some scrub who cares

Advertisement
I like what Shaq said "today's performance brought us back down to earth", they'll watch tape and get it together. I do agree, that we play down to our opponents talent level. Blitzing was a little to much for my liking, I would have liked to see more stunts my D-Line.

I don't post often but I just wanted to post to let you know how much you all have made me laugh by your "Doomsday" and your "we are slow" posts...... The fact that a lot of you are changing your outlook on the season cause of today is comical... You think these kids give a f*** about BCC, they don't lol

I was at the game just like most of you and yes I was very underwhelmed and annoyed at many points, but I attribute today to:

LACK OF ENERGY and BOREDOM.. Yes I do not condone that and we should never play down to our competition but that is the clear reason why we looked lackadaisical at certain points. A much much lesser opponent and a half empty stadium sometimes causes those performances.

You will watch FSU tonight and think... "man they look great and light years ahead of us" but that is a product of emotion, a big time game and the focus that they will have. Our guys lacked that today, I highly doubt it was because of skill.

I have NO DOUBT though that the coaches are going to make them feel it this week for that lack of focus and drive that was exhibited. But for all of you that are worried about September 16th, don't because this staff and these players will be ready.

Go Canes and everyone relax.

Idc who the competition is, if you want to be a champion and be great you gotta come out emotional and play your absolute best 100% of the time no matter what time of day it is

Advertisement
SAM DARNOLD SUCKSSS YOU GUYS I MEAN HE THREW 2 INTS and NO TDS AT HOME vs WESTERN MICHIGAN...HE SUCKKKKSSSSS.......THAT BAMA 2011 DEFENSE SUCKSS D-ICK...THEY GAVE UP 302 YARDS RUSHING ON 7.7 YDS PER CARRY AT HOME vs. GEORGIA SOUTHERN..THAT DEFENSE MUST BEEN FULL OF SCRUBS!!!!

In all seriousness, the defense didn't play well and looked lethargic yesterday. Diaz didn't have his best play calling day either. It happens. Anyone on this forum who thinks they have this team figured out after the first game of the season is fooling themselves. Step away from the ledge everyone and have a nice Labor Day weekend.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't even watch the game to be honest... When your arch rival is playing Bama and your going against some scrub who cares

Game was over a solid 4 hours before FSU kicked off

Lol wut

Think he might of had to much to drink lol

I'm a die hard Cane fan but I wasn't waking up thinking Canes vs BCC.

Maybe not BCC but I for **** sure woke up wanting to see what we would look like

I like what Shaq said "today's performance brought us back down to earth", they'll watch tape and get it together. I do agree, that we play down to our opponents talent level. Blitzing was a little to much for my liking, I would have liked to see more stunts my D-Line.
Back down to earth? We've sucked since before he was born. What made him think they had nothing to prove? Jesus H.

I always love the "it was a warm-up game" and "we didn't wanna show the playbook" crowd.

Lots of major college teams played cupcake "warm-up" games today while limiting their playbook. They still put 50+ on the board.

Last year Alabama played the mighty Chattanooga Mocs And Won 31-3 at home.
Point being it's not smart to make conclusions form a one game sample size.

I always love the "it was a warm-up game" and "we didn't wanna show the playbook" crowd.

Lots of major college teams played cupcake "warm-up" games today while limiting their playbook. They still put 50+ on the board.

While I agree with you about overreacting:

-Bama didn't allow a TD
-Their defense allowed 184 total yards and forced two turnovers
-Bama started a true freshman at QB

They also never really run up the score on their opponents. They'll score 30 then let their backups play.

Advertisement

difference, bama knows they are good based past performances. We have sucked since these kids were toddlers, with zero evidence they are any better than anyone. Being complacent when you've proven nothing is about as weak as it comes.

Our defensively coordinator outsmarted and out thought himself today with that gimmicky called game and ridiculous amount of blitzes.

He looked as if he was trying to audition for HC job next season, by trying to show what he has in his "bag of tricks.". That ridiculous amount of blitzes were completely unnecessary.

This +100 trillion. That performance by Diaz was a complete abortion. Get the ***** out of my face with all that gimmicky garbage. Play aggressive but play fundamentally sound. What we saw was a bunch of needless gratuitous over aggressiveness. Quit trying to be Buddy Ryan and call an intelligent game. We had the talent advantage by a mile. No need to resort to that bs. Going against that quick game spread short passing attack Diaz should have let the front 4 get pressure and have a DB pressing every WR except for Dee Delaney. Just keep him off the ball.

You are spot on....I agree fully--100%.

I'm not going to panic, because it's game 1, but what I saw yesterday was the "Texas" Manny Diaz. And it's interesting to note that Texas fans loathe Manny Diaz the same way Miami fans loathe Mark D'Nofrio. If you want to make a Texas fan sick to their stomach, bring up the name manny Diaz and watch the reaction. It's very similar to a Miami fan's reaction when the name Mark D'Nofrio is mentioned.

If you watch film of his last year and a half at Texas, his schemes were a facsimile of what we saw yesterday against BCC, and Big 12 offenses feasted on his defenses. FEASTED! Year 2 at Texas is when things started went sideways for Diaz, after teams had film on his defensive approach.

He has better athletes here, and think he is a smarter coach. Well, I HOPE he is smarter coach, and I "hope" he's smart enough to have learned from his mistakes, and I HOPE after he watches the film he will have realized the style game he called can't happen again this season, because a Power 5 team ---a team with an offense like Syracuse would've roasted us for 550-600 yards yesterday. Bottom line, our defensive coordinator has to be faaaar more disciplined and intelligent than what we saw yesterday, or his side of the ball will cost us 2-3 games.

Last edited:

-Bama didn't allow a TD

They also never really run up the score on their opponents. They'll score 30 then let their backups play.

And I'm sure somewhere someone said the Alabama back ups should be able to score 50 on the Chattanooga Mocs.
My point and my only point is this...we might be in trouble or maybe not...BUT this one game will not tell you that.
Same would be true if we had dominated in the way people expected. We would still not know anything about they will play the rest of the year.

Advertisement
Bunch of pwussies. We could have easily scored 60. We will be fine.

We have really bytches scared of fsu and proclaiming we will win 6-7 games. It's crazy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH board goes from one extreme to the next in a blink of an eye.. how about we just let the season run it's course instead predicting the worst or the best lol

-Bama didn't allow a TD

our guys had to virtually play the entire game against Bethune. Richt was not comfortable taking out his starters. That is terrible

difference, bama knows they are good based past performances. We have sucked since these kids were toddlers, with zero evidence they are any better than anyone. Being complacent when you've proven nothing is about as weak as it comes.

Who said they were complacent.
They won 45-13 and didn't dominate the way it was expected.
They look sloppy at times and a inferior opponent was able to move the ball on the defense.
Yes this COULD be an issue but this one game won't tell us that.

Who said they were complacent.
They won 45-13 and didn't dominate the way it was expected.
They look sloppy at times and a inferior opponent was able to move the ball on the defense.
Yes this COULD be an issue but this one game won't tell us that.
you only have so many chances to prove yourself. Not sure how sweeping mediocrity under the rug on a message board helps? We aren't hiding some secret ****nal. We are only as good we show. This board never discounts the good things to one game and luck the way they do with mediocrity. If want to be back, lackluster games where BCC gets 20 first down ain't gonna do it.

Advertisement
Back