Man you all are funny...

Just need to execute better next week. Plenty of tape for coaches to work on. Great game to learn from. Some quick thoughts

Diaz definitely called a poor game. He knows it and I'm sure will redeem himself.

Our DL needs to show me better hand. I saw too many guys trying to run around blocks and not use their hands to disengage.

Rosier was up and down. I think with more confidence he plays better. Definitely a threat running the ball, we should use that to our advantage this year.

What stood out
Frustrated with our lack of offensive continuity.
Plays are not strung together in sequence.
Guys are wide open and not getting the ball thrown to them.
That should be corrected by next game.
OP is correct. It was a scrimmage for these players, nothing more.

But i I don't think you're going to get much more from Rosier. He is the qb we saw today. He will be up and down throughout a game. He will miss wide open guys but he will also make plays with his legs and in the air. It's gonna drive us crazy but I think he can do well enough to get us to ten wins.

Advertisement
should have been 41-6. taking away Trajan pick for some b.s delay of game that they didn't call until AFTER the play? was a pity call by the ref

who cares about the game.

defense played well outside of that bull**** drive , second half wasn't even the starters when bcc got most of their garbage yards

I would understand your thinking if it was week 7. But this was game 1 in a season that everyone has high expectations. You can't come out lethargic on defense game 1 against a sub par team.

Yes you can. We won by 28 points and didn't even try. Its a warm up and they don't want to show anything on tape for other teams.

Our "top 5" defense that is supposed to carry this team on its back gave up 350 yards to an FCS team. You're right, that's hilarious.

Our "top 5" defense that is supposed to carry this team on its back gave up 350 yards to an FCS team. You're right, that's hilarious.

This. No excuse or justification for this. Our D is simply not as good as we thought.

Advertisement
Our defensively coordinator outsmarted and out thought himself today with that gimmicky called game and ridiculous amount of blitzes.

He looked as if he was trying to audition for HC job next season, by trying to show what he has in his "bag of tricks.". That ridiculous amount of blitzes were completely unnecessary.

Best post about the game. You would think getting beat so many times he would have changed up the game plan. The middle and flats where open all game. I hope CMR checks him about it.

This. No excuse or justification for this. Our D is simply not as good as we thought.

People are coming up with every excuse in the book. But I thought we had the best Dline in the nation. 1 sack

Not only one sack, we were not putting pressure on their QB or penetrating. Our DL should have blown up their plays.

Last edited:
We can't judge this performance high or low without context. We blew them out as we should have. Young guys played, new qb, wrs, cbs, safeties, new OC for them. We don't know if they are good or bad. We won by a lot. Got good qb play and stopped them plenty. Wasn't perfect, but it wasn't an abortion like some of you dullards suggest. Week one, one game, 1-0 and covered. I will take it.

BTW - love where this offense is headed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I always love the "it was a warm-up game" and "we didn't wanna show the playbook" crowd.

Lots of major college teams played cupcake "warm-up" games today while limiting their playbook. They still put 50+ on the board.

This game is a glorified scrimmage. Everyone knows that of course Diaz was willing to try every blitz in a live game to see what actually works and what doesn't. We won will move up the rankings. In December no one is going to remember the BCC game. And it's has no implications on any other team we play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't post often but I just wanted to post to let you know how much you all have made me laugh by your "Doomsday" and your "we are slow" posts...... The fact that a lot of you are changing your outlook on the season cause of today is comical... You think these kids give a f*** about BCC, they don't lol

I was at the game just like most of you and yes I was very underwhelmed and annoyed at many points, but I attribute today to:

LACK OF ENERGY and BOREDOM.. Yes I do not condone that and we should never play down to our competition but that is the clear reason why we looked lackadaisical at certain points. A much much lesser opponent and a half empty stadium sometimes causes those performances.

You will watch FSU tonight and think... "man they look great and light years ahead of us" but that is a product of emotion, a big time game and the focus that they will have. Our guys lacked that today, I highly doubt it was because of skill.

I have NO DOUBT though that the coaches are going to make them feel it this week for that lack of focus and drive that was exhibited. But for all of you that are worried about September 16th, don't because this staff and these players will be ready.

Go Canes and everyone relax.

Defensive effort was embarrassing for the most part, stop sugarcoating it. Can they get it together, they sure do, but they better get it together in a hurry. Every game counts. How can't you show up for your first home game? Worst part was, that they looked really slow out there. A slow d with a dorito gameplan.

Last edited:
Our defensively coordinator outsmarted and out thought himself today with that gimmicky called game and ridiculous amount of blitzes.

He looked as if he was trying to audition for HC job next season, by trying to show what he has in his "bag of tricks.". That ridiculous amount of blitzes were completely unnecessary.

This +100 trillion. That performance by Diaz was a complete abortion. Get the ***** out of my face with all that gimmicky garbage. Play aggressive but play fundamentally sound. What we saw was a bunch of needless gratuitous over aggressiveness. Quit trying to be Buddy Ryan and call an intelligent game. We had the talent advantage by a mile. No need to resort to that bs. Going against that quick game spread short passing attack Diaz should have let the front 4 get pressure and have a DB pressing every WR except for Dee Delaney. Just keep him off the ball.

I am with CMR as he stated that he is thankful for the win. I don't know why the team played the way they did. BC seemed to have game planned us well and did some things schematically that we were not expecting. People need to remember that this was BC's Super Bowl so they played with more passion and focus. With that said I was expecting major pressure from our line every play and 6+ sacks on the day. I find it hard to believe our D linemen couldn't win the one on one battles. That is the most troubling to me. Teams make the most improvement from week 1 to week 2 so I expect to see what I didn't see this week next week against Ark state.

Bright spots O-line, Walton and Homer, Feagles, Badge

Advertisement
I always love the "it was a warm-up game" and "we didn't wanna show the playbook" crowd.

Lots of major college teams played cupcake "warm-up" games today while limiting their playbook. They still put 50+ on the board.
A lot of teams lost too. Perspective is what you are lacking, coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

We didn't really "show" the "playbook" in a sense when it comes to our best play making WR not even dressing.

Richards has "shown" me that the "playbook" looks much better when he touches the ball.

Advertisement
Back