Man you all are funny...

Canesforlife31

Recruit
I don't post often but I just wanted to post to let you know how much you all have made me laugh by your "Doomsday" and your "we are slow" posts...... The fact that a lot of you are changing your outlook on the season cause of today is comical... You think these kids give a f*** about BCC, they don't lol

I was at the game just like most of you and yes I was very underwhelmed and annoyed at many points, but I attribute today to:

LACK OF ENERGY and BOREDOM.. Yes I do not condone that and we should never play down to our competition but that is the clear reason why we looked lackadaisical at certain points. A much much lesser opponent and a half empty stadium sometimes causes those performances.

You will watch FSU tonight and think... "man they look great and light years ahead of us" but that is a product of emotion, a big time game and the focus that they will have. Our guys lacked that today, I highly doubt it was because of skill.

I have NO DOUBT though that the coaches are going to make them feel it this week for that lack of focus and drive that was exhibited. But for all of you that are worried about September 16th, don't because this staff and these players will be ready.

Go Canes and everyone relax.

Advertisement
I agree with most of this. We essentially returned the exact same defense as last season. At least the players are taking accountability. If we look like crap next week, I'll start getting worried.

I agree with most of this. We essentially returned the exact same defense as last season. At least the players are taking accountability. If we look like crap next week, I'll start getting worried.

Minus 4 seniors in secondary , that's a big deal.

I would understand your thinking if it was week 7. But this was game 1 in a season that everyone has high expectations. You can't come out lethargic on defense game 1 against a sub par team.

I don't post often but I just wanted to post to let you know how much you all have made me laugh by your "Doomsday" and your "we are slow" posts...... The fact that a lot of you are changing your outlook on the season cause of today is comical... You think these kids give a f*** about BCC, they don't lol

I was at the game just like most of you and yes I was very underwhelmed and annoyed at many points, but I attribute today to:

LACK OF ENERGY and BOREDOM.. Yes I do not condone that and we should never play down to our competition but that is the clear reason why we looked lackadaisical at certain points. A much much lesser opponent and a half empty stadium sometimes causes those performances.

You will watch FSU tonight and think... "man they look great and light years ahead of us" but that is a product of emotion, a big time game and the focus that they will have. Our guys lacked that today, I highly doubt it was because of skill.

I have NO DOUBT though that the coaches are going to make them feel it this week for that lack of focus and drive that was exhibited. But for all of you that are worried about September 16th, don't because this staff and these players will be ready.

It was the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR! Get the **** out of my face with that ****. You're right, they played flat/unprepared/bored, but if that is right then we have a HUGE culture problem on our hands.

If you need motivation to be sharp and crisp on Week 1, then you need to check the **** out.

Advertisement

Minus 4 seniors in secondary , that's a big deal.

True. I think Jenkins will be missed, but everyone bagged on Carter last season. Colbert was a 1-year rental, similar to Deelaney. The defense still has the same core.

I will say this though, this is a critical year for Rumph given the fan perception about him.

We've got four new starters in the secondary, how have we returned essentially the same defence?

Advertisement
Our defensively coordinator outsmarted and out thought himself today with that gimmicky called game and ridiculous amount of blitzes.

He looked as if he was trying to audition for HC job next season, by trying to show what he has in his "bag of tricks.". That ridiculous amount of blitzes were completely unnecessary.

It was the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR! Get the **** out of my face with that ****. You're right, they played flat/unprepared/bored, but if that is right then we have a HUGE culture problem on our hands.

If you need motivation to be sharp and crisp on Week 1, then you need to check the **** out.

I feel you my brotha. Like I said I'm not condoning this and I'm sure the staff will make them feel it this week... they know what they saw. I'm just saying everyone needs to relax.

I agree with your comments about needing motivation to be sharp. Reminds me of that silly **** that Golden had the defense doing.. I remember when the other team was on our 5 yard line, Had them pumping their arms like blowing a steam whistle and that was a signal to try really hard now.. stupid stupid .... So if you can't get up for all the games, you should be questioning your ability to support this team.

I swear there is a post like this every year for the past 8 yrs or more. The "Dont worry what you saw aint what you saw" crowd. Nah im too jaded now to fall for that anymore. We looked slow or indecisive or both. Either way we take that to Tally we lose by 14+ easily. 340+ yrds by BCC is UNACCEPTABLE PERIOD.

Advertisement
The Team will watch tape
Look at what they did wrong
And re-deem themselves next week
No worries [emoji1487][emoji817]

Our defensively coordinator outsmarted and out thought himself today with that gimmicky called game and ridiculous amount of blitzes.

He looked as if he was trying to audition for HC job next season, by trying to show what he has in his "bag of tricks.". That ridiculous amount of blitzes were completely unnecessary.

Especially when none hit home. None.

As of now though, we got out of the week with a win and injury free. So I will wait for more to be revealed.

Advertisement
Just need to execute better next week. Plenty of tape for coaches to work on. Great game to learn from. Some quick thoughts

Diaz definitely called a poor game. He knows it and I'm sure will redeem himself.

Our DL needs to show me better hand. I saw too many guys trying to run around blocks and not use their hands to disengage.

Rosier was up and down. I think with more confidence he plays better. Definitely a threat running the ball, we should use that to our advantage this year.

What stood out
Frustrated with our lack of offensive continuity.
Plays are not strung together in sequence.
Guys are wide open and not getting the ball thrown to them.
That should be corrected by next game.

We've got four new starters in the secondary, how have we returned essentially the same defence?

Redwine was a starter at corner and JJ was a regular in the rotation at well at S/CB. Redwine's starting at safety now. We lost both of our starting safeties, where people complained about Carter constantly.

I swear there is a post like this every year for the past 8 yrs or more. The "Dont worry what you saw aint what you saw" crowd. Nah im too jaded now to fall for that anymore. We looked slow or indecisive or both. Either way we take that to Tally we lose by 14+ easily. 340+ yrds by BCC is UNACCEPTABLE PERIOD.
Bro, they're just saving the playbook for FSU, bro.

I don't feel the doomsday. We were never in trouble in this game. There are many reasons teams look sluggish at the start of the season. Beating them 50-0 nothing wouldn't have meant we have arrived. I don't see anything unfixable with focus. We were good on the line and on the ground. I remember last year Texas and ND went at it and people said they were back. They won 5 and 4 games last year. We will be fine, Richt has coached 1 million games in the SEC. They will work hard this week and come with a point to prove v Ark St.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back