Malzahn to UCF

I'm very confused by this. And I'm not trying to get into an argument with you personally, I'm just trying to understand the direction this thread has gone in.

First, you said: "Hopefully it will change in the future BUT until proven otherwise...we really can't throw rocks at any other Florida football team's coach." (emphasis added)

In a second post, you qualified it with the word "major".

In a third post, you began listing the schools you really meant to use for comparison, though the only one of note that seems to be EXCLUDED from your list is FAU.

The same FAU that is (a) Division I-A, (b) in Conference USA, and (c) in the same Conference USA with FIU, a team that you deem to be "major".

So, I don't understand why you include FIU and exclude FAU, when they are equals in every conceivable way (except, maybe, student body population size) and why there is such a big fight over including/excluding FAU when it took you three posts to say that they should be excluded. It's Taggart. Is Taggart really the only major Florida football coach for which you prefer Diaz?

Bottom line, Manny Diaz had a better record than ALL other Florida football coaches in 2020. Now, if you STILL think that all of the other coaches are better than Manny, you are entitled to your opinion. But this debate about whether to include FAU seems silly.

And, for the record, I don't think it's "very clear" that you intended to exclude FAU/Taggart when it took you three posts to articulate that.

I included FIU and not FAU because I think Diaz is a better coach than Taggert....

Advertisement
I included FIU and not FAU because I think Diaz is a better coach than Taggert....

So...selective stats. I understand.

And you did NOT exclude FAU until your third post on the subject. Maybe in your own mind you excluded FAU, but not in your first two posts.

But thanks for all the bold highlighting. You've really allowed us to focus on how selective and capricious you are being.

I’m starting to think some you all are actually mentally challenged. Just because you repeat your idiotic take over and over doesn’t make it any less idiotic..

By your logic every coach that beat Mullen, Butch and Taggart had more talent?

That's your logic....not mine

It's been long proven .....that teams with more and better talent usually beat teams with lesser talent

As I said, Manny had far more talent than those lesser teams yet he lost, so IMO they were better coached...and IMO better coaches than Manny

And you did NOT exclude FAU until your third post on the subject. Maybe in your own mind you excluded FAU, but not in your first two posts.

But thanks for all the bold highlighting. You've really allowed us to focus on how selective and capricious you are being.

Upvoted for appropriate use of the word “capricious”

Advertisement

You're welcome

Advertisement
I wonder if TWill has a 30day guarantee on his Miami contract? Pretty soon it’ll come out he’s coaching strikers at UCF - of which they have none.

Advertisement
Back