Malzahn to UCF

To be clear, I'm talking about the major Florida schools UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and FIU current coaches

Last edited:
Advertisement
The level of hoops that get jump through to justify just hating are mind blowing on here.
Think about it.
UF - Dan Mullen went 8-4
FSU - Mike Norvell went 3-6
UCF - Josh Heupel went 6-4 replaced with Gus Malzahn who got fired after going 6-5 at Auburn
USF - Jeff Scott went 1-8
FIU - Butch Davis went 0-5
FAU - Willie Taggart went 5-4

There is an actual person who thinks Manny Diaz is worse than all of these. The only argument you could make is Mullen at UF, but that is all based on his first two seasons.

2018 10-3
2019 11-2
2020 8-4

He's starting to look more like Larry Coker than Jimmy Johnson.

Think about it.
UF - Dan Mullen went 8-4
FSU - Mike Norvell went 3-6
UCF - Josh Heupel went 6-4 replaced with Gus Malzahn who got fired after going 6-5 at Auburn
USF - Jeff Scott went 1-8
FIU - Butch Davis went 0-5
FAU - Willie Taggart went 5-4

There is an actual person who thinks Manny Diaz is worse than all of these. The only argument you could make is Mullen at UF, but that is all based on his first two seasons.

2018 10-3
2019 11-2
2020 8-4

He's starting to look more like Larry Coker than Jimmy Johnson.

Where is this actual person? Didn't see where ANYONE claimed that.

Someone (me) said UF, FSU, UCF USF and FIU. No where did I or anyone else include FAU

What you did again was deceitful, pathetic and trifling. Especially for a MOD. Stay with the facts, have some balls and stop making up BS.

Throw me off this site if you want, I could give a F...... Especially if even Mods are going to just make up BS.... and purposely not have any integrity.

I'm willing to discuss my opinion with any reasonable poster. BUT not against made up BS

Advertisement
Where is this actual person? Didn't see where ANYONE claimed that.

Someone (me) said UF, FSU, UCF USF and FIU. No where did I or anyone else include FAU

What you did again was deceitful, pathetic and trifling. Especially for a MOD. Stay with the facts, have some balls and stop making up BS.

Throw me off this site if you want, I could give a F...... Especially if even Mods are going to just make up BS.... and purposely not have any integrity.

I'm willing to discuss my opinion with any reasonable poster. BUT not against made up BS
I must have misinterpreted this quote.
Guess we simply disagree.

i'd still easily and confidently take him ....or any other current major college Florida coach over Diaz any day.
Perhaps you could explain what you meant then since you think I'm making things up.

I included FAU because they're another D1 program in the state and actually have a better record than 60% of the ones you mentioned.

Why would anyone want you off this site?

I must have misinterpreted this quote.

Perhaps you could explain what you meant then since you think I'm making things up.

I included FAU because they're another D1 program in the state and actually have a better record than 60% of the ones you mentioned.

Why would anyone want you off this site?

YES AGAIN you have as you chose to call it"misinterpreted". It's very clear that I didn't include FAU.

You included them ....and now you ask me to explain??

I mean exactly what I've said all along. That I think those schools that I listed have better coaches.

Let's stick to what was actually written, As I've told you before it's nonsense and fruitless to discuss something with someone who continually tries to change what was actually said.

Have a good one BYE

Last edited:
Advertisement
YES AGAIN you have as you chose to call it"misinterpreted". It's very clear that I didn't include FAU.

You included them ....and now you ask me to explain??

I mean exactly what I've said all along. That I think those schools that I listed have better coaches.

Let's stick to what was actually written,
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid I can't share it. Especially when all of the evidence all points otherwise. At the end of the day, if a team has a crappy record, can you7 really say he's a good coach?

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid I can't share it. Especially when all of the evidence all points otherwise. At the end of the day, if a team has a crappy record, can you7 really say he's a good coach?

Who asked you to share it?

What's clear is that Manny's lost to most of these teams even though he's had teams with far greater talent. In those games he has simply been outcoached.

When a coach with lesser talent beats a coach with far greater talent, I'd say that they have a better coach.

IF you chose to believe otherwise, cool.

But I think it clearly shows who has the deficit in coaching ability...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who asked you to share it?

What's clear is that Manny's lost to most of these teams even though he's had teams with far greater talent. In those games he has simply been outcoached.

When a coach with lesser talent beats a coach with far greater talent, I'd say that they have a better coach.

IF you chose to believe otherwise, cool.

But I think it clearly shows who has the deficit in coaching ability...
So a single loss defines the quality of a coach? Three of the coaches you mention don't even have winning records for 2020.

So a single loss defines the quality of a coach? Three of the coaches you mention don't even have winning records for 2020.

However you want to take it.....

What It clearly means is that head to head, when it counts to actual show who is better ... they have been better than Manny.

What makes it even more galling is that Manny has had far greater talent in those games.

Games that even a mediocre coach playing with that talent advantage would have easily won.

Sorry if saying that bothers people BUT we have to face up to what we actually have here..... and stop pretending like he's actually won games with his coaching ability or by being more prepared. This team deserves far better

Advertisement

What It clearly means is that head to head, when it counts to actual show who is better ... they have been better than Manny.

What makes it even more galling is that Manny has had far greater talent in those games.

Games that even a mediocre coach playing with that talent advantage would have easily won.

Sorry if saying that bothers people BUT we have to face up to what we actually have here..... and stop pretending like he's actually won games with his coaching ability or by being more prepared. This team deserves far better

By your logic every coach that beat Mullen, Butch and Taggart had more talent?

We beat FSU 52-10 last year. You might want to revise your list.

To be clear, I'm talking about the major Florida schools UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and FIU current coaches

I'm very confused by this. And I'm not trying to get into an argument with you personally, I'm just trying to understand the direction this thread has gone in.

First, you said: "Hopefully it will change in the future BUT until proven otherwise...we really can't throw rocks at any other Florida football team's coach." (emphasis added)

In a second post, you qualified it with the word "major".

In a third post, you began listing the schools you really meant to use for comparison, though the only one of note that seems to be EXCLUDED from your list is FAU.

The same FAU that is (a) Division I-A, (b) in Conference USA, and (c) in the same Conference USA with FIU, a team that you deem to be "major".

So, I don't understand why you include FIU and exclude FAU, when they are equals in every conceivable way (except, maybe, student body population size) and why there is such a big fight over including/excluding FAU when it took you three posts to say that they should be excluded. It's Taggart. Is Taggart really the only major Florida football coach for which you prefer Diaz?

Bottom line, Manny Diaz had a better record than ALL other Florida football coaches in 2020. Now, if you STILL think that all of the other coaches are better than Manny, you are entitled to your opinion. But this debate about whether to include FAU seems silly.

And, for the record, I don't think it's "very clear" that you intended to exclude FAU/Taggart when it took you three posts to articulate that.

Advertisement
Back