Malzahn to UCF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good hire by UCF... Gus, is a well known entity and will be able to put together a good staff, and give them more credibility from a notoriety standpoint. Recruiting wise, he's put a lot of players in the league and will surely give UF a battle for some Central Florida kids.

Advertisement
High risk move for Malzahn to take this step down to a directional G5 school.

He could have waited and probably snagged a decent P5 job in a year or two.

The risk is, if he falls on his face here, he’s done as a serious P5 head-coaching candidate.

High risk move for Malzahn to take this step down to a directional G5 school. He could have waited and probably snagged a decent P5 job in a year or two. The risk is, if he falls on his face here, he’s done as a serious P5 head-coaching candidate.
I think opposite. He will double what he's making for the next ________ years while rebuilding his resume as an elite coach. If he's not up to the task, then so be it. If he wins big (my guess) he'll have a huge opportunity & contract waiting.

I think opposite. He will double what he's making for the next ________ years while rebuilding his resume as an elite coach. If he's not up to the task, then so be it. If he wins big (my guess) he'll have a huge opportunity & contract waiting.

That’s the exact thing I’m saying - it’s not opposite. If he’s not up to the task, he’s done. Never get a decent football job again.

Unless he’s just doing it for the money, then it’s no risk for him, and he can just retire after this gig. I don’t think that’s his personality though

That’s the exact thing I’m saying - it’s not opposite. If he’s not up to the task, he’s done. Never get a decent football job again.

Unless he’s just doing it for the money, then it’s no risk for him, and he can just retire after this gig. I don’t think that’s his personality though
I think it's a good gut check. If he's not up to the task, perhaps he's better off as an OC, HS coach or hanging them up. It's not often you get the chance to double-dip. Double-jeopardy.
dj.jpg

Advertisement
interesting, doesn't he have a different offense than the last two coaches ? More run and less wide open passing attack ?
His offense is more power spread-heavy. Although Scott Frost and Josh Heupel didn't run the same type of offense either. Frost is a Chip Kelly guy and Heupel is an air raid guy who originally learned the system from Mike Leach while he was playing at Oklahoma.

Malzahn is 55 years old. See what happens at UCF and if he doesn't build a successful program, find a good dealer and see if he can get a gig on SEC network.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back