Malzahn to UCF

Advertisement
Malzahn is 55 years old. See what happens at UCF and if he doesn't build a successful program, find a good dealer and see if he can get a gig on SEC network.
Honestly dude the "analyst " thing appears to be the new "thing" for older coaches... Keeps guys in the game but takes a ton of stress of their heads... Not a bad way to earn a check...

Pretty darn good move for UCF. Amazing how they can replace their great AD and continue running things properly.

Then there is us...

Big move for UCF who has had to rely on young OC's with zero track record as HC's the last two hires. Gus gives them experience and a steady presence. A CEO type. Auburn is paying bulk of his contract from what I gather giving UCF the opportunity to build a solid staff....perhaps RADIO will be fired as he SUCKS as their DC. In addition, they will stress the recruiting battles in Florida and Georgia. Think the team at risk to be hurt here is FSWho.

Separately, UCF has done a solid job with their AD hires in White and now the new guy from Ark St. Meanwhile UM has a DIP****Z for AD...

Advertisement
Advertisement
UCF's Athletic Director continues to impress.

UCF's athletic director Terry Mohajir has only been there for a short while—brought over from Arkansas State. Danny White was their long-time AD who recently took the gig at Tennessee.

70,000+ students and a large alumni base for that state school—their athletics will continue to grow in years to come.

Advertisement
Big move for UCF who has had to rely on young OC's with zero track record as HC's the last two hires. Gus gives them experience and a steady presence. A CEO type. Auburn is paying bulk of his contract from what I gather giving UCF the opportunity to build a solid staff....perhaps RADIO will be fired as he SUCKS as their DC. In addition, they will stress the recruiting battles in Florida and Georgia. Think the team at risk to be hurt here is FSWho.

Separately, UCF has done a solid job with their AD hires in White and now the new guy from Ark St. Meanwhile UM has a DIP****Z for AD...

on this hire, they literally did what blake did w richt. what white did for their mens basketball baseball and football is on a different level. he didnt hire fired coaches. he found good coaches (well one good one with frost) who took their program to new levels. Gus wont get the same kids or same staff that he could get at AU at UCF. richt learned that the hard way here with the recruiting aspect. when the bags and SEC are gone, its not so easy

wait wait wait...didnt you all hate or didnt like hiring a fired coach from the SEC when we did w richt but its okay that UCF did it?!? lol. some of you guys man

I’m meh on the hire, as it appears Gus appears to have lost his gust. However, ur comment is not correct. We r a P5 team; UCF is a G5 team. This is a correct move. U see no P5 team came knocking for a washed down coach....he had to take a step down to possibly rebuild his resume & reputation. That’s the difference.

I don't think this was a good move by UCF. Malzahn is a big name but that's about it. His offenses in recent years have been stagnant and one dimensional and he's scapegoated pretty much every offensive assistant, including Rhett Lashlee. He's still doing the same thing that he had success with 10+ years ago and hasn't made an attempt to modernize any of the passing concepts. I know why Dillon Gabriel is ****ed. He's going to be turned into a defacto running back.

We'll see what happens, if they come out throwing the ball around a little and trying some new wrinkles, I'd say Gus still has the fire to get back into the P5. If they come out looking like Auburn has for the last 5 or 6 years, it's just Mark Rich 2.0

Advertisement
I don't think this was a good move by UCF. Malzahn is a big name but that's about it. His offenses in recent years have been stagnant and one dimensional and he's scapegoated pretty much every offensive assistant, including Rhett Lashlee. He's still doing the same thing that he had success with 10+ years ago and hasn't made an attempt to modernize any of the passing concepts. I know why Dillon Gabriel is ****ed. He's going to be turned into a defacto running back.

We'll see what happens, if they come out throwing the ball around a little and trying some new wrinkles, I'd say Gus still has the fire to get back into the P5. If they come out looking like Auburn has for the last 5 or 6 years, it's just Mark Rich 2.0

DG can come to miami

also what you described is what we experienced with richt

If you can’t beat em, join em I guess

1613407594962.gif

U have to try to lose at UCF to not succeed. Frost was the one who really built a machine there.

Gus spends two years there then dips.

DG can come to miami

also what you described is what we experienced with richt
Exactly. We were hoping to get a guy who was eager to prove the game didn't pass him by and was updating his playbook. We got a guy who was expecting an easy ride in the ACC. He figured he could throw together a handful of 10 win seasons (he did it at Georgia almost every year) and then ride off into retirement while setting up his son and former running back with long term coaching careers.

Gus is a few years younger than Richt was when he took the UM job so maybe he's not throwing in the towel. It may come as a surprise to him that jsut because he's not in thet SEC anynmore, that doesn't mean he can just coast forever. He will be expected to win fairly consistently.

Advertisement
Back