Malik Rosier through 5 games

The way he's playing reminds me of Brock, with better legs and much better coaching. You can see Richt's influence in his decision-making, which has been really good.

If he keeps protecting the ball we will keep winning games.

Comparing him to Brock is an insult to Rosier

Brock was pretty terrible his junior year---BEYOND terrible, in fact. We win the title that year if Brock had even been a decent QB.

Also, he was merely an average one read QB as a junior. He was so bad as a junior he had no where to go but up.

That's because the dumbass head corch didn't run the no-huddle shotgun spread offense. Brock brought MIAMI back from 28 down against the turds with that offense. He never lost a game in high school with that offense.

Advertisement
What Rosier can do with his legs is also incredibly valuable. The run game is more successful because of the threat he is to keep the ball and the whole OL looks better

That's true but it was that last second TD pass in against fsu and package size throw on 4th against GT that won those games. That was not his feet. You do the kid a disservice drawing focus on his feet when arm, heart, head and something else is the delta.

Malik has done what he has needed to do so far so props to him for that even though it's painful to watch at times.....but that isn't an impressive list to be compared to tbh

I think Malik is most like Brock in that he doesn’t play scared. At least so far, we haven’t seen a moment that is too big for him. Brock played the same way...no moment was too big for him.

The others played scared...afraid to take a chance. That’s why they often made mistakes.

I still get the sense we are limiting him somewhat, especially in terms of mid-range passes in the middle of the field. I seem to remember a few such passes in the Duke game, but other than that we have mostly stayed away. I'm guessing that's by design and that the coaches aren't quite comfortable with him firing passes across the middle with LBs dropping into coverage and safeties lurking around. I get the sense that we have gone out of our way to limit his INTs. It has worked, overall - I mean, we are 5-0 and haven't had those disastrous turnovers we'd been getting used to seeing year in and year out.

His next step, for me, is at least to play a more consistent game. ****, it's not just Malik, the whole team needs to be more consistent, or there will be a 4th quarter deficit too large to dig our way out of. We are clearly tweaking things in the second half, making good adjustments, and I'm happy about that, but we need to find a way to get going earlier. I'm concerned that our slow starts might be becoming habitual.

He hit a couple to Langham over the middle on Saturday.

Advertisement
Could we possibly get a 1st half/2nd half comparison?

And what is that? 3 times we've trailed at halftime and he's won them all?

His receivers haven't been doing a great job of getting separation either. Imagine if Ahmmon was 100%?

jacory was good his senior year. 65% completion, 20/9 TD/INT, 150 rating (malik is at 145 this year). fisch did a good job w/ him and understood how to build the offense around him, which was the opposite of whipple having him throwing bombs every play

101/171 (59%), 1371 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs - QBR 146.1

For context -

Brad Kaaya as a Jr. through 5 games: 82/127 (64.5%) 1149 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs

Stephen Morris as a Jr. through 5 games: 128/207 (62%) 1635 yards, 9 TDs, 4 INTs

Jacory Harris as a Jr. through 5 games: 94/166 (57%) 1140 yards, 10 TDs, 10 INTs

Yes, I know, different coaching staffs, different opponents and scenarios of course. However, you can't tell me that Malik Rosier doesn't belong as a Miami Hurricanes QB. Also, at this stage in their respective careers, Rosier as more wins over FSU than these three QBs combined. I mean, maybe you can make the argument that NONE of these guys belonged at Miami, but man, what Malik has done so far is nothing short of amazing. Are there plenty of things for him to work on? Absolutely. Has he gotten away with a few passes this season? Probably, but he's also thrown some absolute dimes and his fearlessness and forgetfulness is what has kept us competitive thusfar. Is he limited as a QB as far as the playbook is concerned? You bet. But history has proven that you can win with a "limited" QB. Bama nearly won a title last year with a QB who, IMO, is far more limited as a pure passer than Malik is.

Point is, this is a kid who's easy to root for, a gamer, and will go down swinging hard every time. Will the other shoe drop at some point this season? Is that 4 INT game lurking on the horizon? Maybe, but I firmly believe that the primary reason we're in the top-10 RIGHT NOW is because of Malik freakin' Rosier. How 'bout that?

Enjoy the ride, fellas.

One big stat that's missing is how many times he has tucked it and picked up the 1st down. He is bringing a different dimension than all of those other guys.

Advertisement
Too many variables 3 slightly average QBs.
If I had to pick 1 of the 3 I’d want under this staff it would be Jacory. Randy let the fame go to his head and whipple was horrible almost got him killed and called 4-veers all game like he was OC’ing a game of Madden.

Last edited:
I'll take #12 and his Mt St Helens balls.

6-0 as a starter and he's led 4 game winning drives in those 6 games.

1 vs Duke 2015 (before Duke scored)
2 vs FSU 2017 (and taunted Nole fans before he slayed)
1 vs GT 2017

south-park-20100329083143148_640w_1270130404.jpg

101/171 (59%), 1371 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs - QBR 146.1

For context -

Brad Kaaya as a Jr. through 5 games: 82/127 (64.5%)1149yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs

Stephen Morris as a Jr. through 5 games: 128/207 (62%) 1635 yards, 9 TDs, 4 INTs

Jacory Harris as a Jr. through 5 games: 94/166 (57%) 1140 yards, 10 TDs, 10 INTs

Yes, I know, different coaching staffs, different opponents and scenarios of course. However, you can't tell me that Malik Rosier doesn't belong as a Miami Hurricanes QB. Also, at this stage in their respective careers, Rosier as more wins over FSU than these three QBs combined. I mean, maybe you can make the argument that NONE of these guys belonged at Miami, but man, what Malik has done so far is nothing short of amazing. Are there plenty of things for him to work on? Absolutely. Has he gotten away with a few passes this season? Probably, but he's also thrown some absolute dimes and his fearlessness and forgetfulness is what has kept us competitive thusfar. Is he limited as a QB as far as the playbook is concerned? You bet. But history has proven that you can win with a "limited" QB. Bama nearly won a title last year with a QB who, IMO, is far more limited as a pure passer than Malik is.

Point is, this is a kid who's easy to root for, a gamer, and will go down swinging hard every time. Will the other shoe drop at some point this season? Is that 4 INT game lurking on the horizon? Maybe, but I firmly believe that the primary reason we're in the top-10 RIGHT NOW is because of Malik freakin' Rosier. How 'bout that?

Enjoy the ride, fellas.

One big stat that's missing is how many times he has tucked it and picked up the 1st down. He is bringing a different dimension than all of those other guys.

Extremely underrated part of his game/this offense. I cringed watching Kaaya pretend like he was going to keep it only to watch the entire D crash on the RB. Rosier is keeping it just enough to keep the defense honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Kid's been clutch when it matters, however he needs to be more consistent for us to win games against the likes of ND and VT

The best thing about Rosier so far is he has protected the ball. If you limit turnovers, even if you aren't a super talented qb, that can take you far.

Best thing about him so far, aside from his monster fruit at the end of games, has been his decision-making. You can see Rick all over that because Rick absolutely will not tolerate bad decision-making.

If he keeps this up and his turnover rate remains about the same we will win the Coastal.

Advertisement
Best thing about him so far, aside from his monster fruit at the end of games, has been his decision-making. You can see Rick all over that because Rick absolutely will not tolerate bad decision-making.

If he keeps this up and his turnover rate remains about the same we will win the Coastal.

That throw at the end of the game was into double coverage though. Miami was very fortunate that the GA Tech safety took a **** poor angle on the ball.

That's why I don't get why ppl on this site critique every incompletion Malik Rosier throws like it was the worst pass they've ever seen?? Get tf over it.... Malik was 23 for 37 against GT but all I keep seeing is post about his bad throws when he clearly made a lot more completions. Same ones made excuse after excuse for all the ducks and 5 yard incompletions Brad Kaaya threw constantly

Best case scenario for the future as well.

Perry gets to redshirt and learn/develop without being rushed onto the field, and we aren't sacrificing wins to do so.

Plus, I'm just really happy for Rosier.

Advertisement
Back