Malik Rosier through 5 games

The way he's playing reminds me of Brock, with better legs and much better coaching. You can see Richt's influence in his decision-making, which has been really good.

If he keeps protecting the ball we will keep winning games.

Advertisement
The way he's playing reminds me of Brock, with better legs and much better coaching. You can see Richt's influence in his decision-making, which has been really good.

His decision making has been awesome as he generally knows where to go with the ball. His average accuracy that has lead to all of his turnovers.

Comparing him to Brock is an insult to Rosier

Brock was pretty terrible his junior year---BEYOND terrible, in fact. We win the title that year if Brock had even been a decent QB.

Also, he was merely an average one read QB as a junior. He was so bad as a junior he had no where to go but up.

FYI Malik has 48 rushes for 146 yards (3 ypc) and 2 TDs so far this year.

Closest comparison to that on the above list is Stephen Morris who had 70 yards on 50 carries (1.4 ypc) and 1 TD his Jr. year.

That 3 YPC helps our RBs out a bunch too.

This is Brock Berlin as he should have been used in 2003 (and was used quite a bit in 2004). Limit the reads, put him in the gun, let him ball and if it's not there, run or eat it.

If Berlin was coached like this in 2003 we win another title.

Advertisement

This is Brock Berlin as he should have been used in 2003 (and was used quite a bit in 2004). Limit the reads, put him in the gun, let him ball and if it's not there, run or eat it.

Did Brock have the wheels to run the ball in the spread option?

Rosier is our guy and I'm riding with him. I've been very pleasantly surprised and hope he continues to play well.

But that doesn't mean that he's absolved from criticism - some of the throws he makes are terrible. Richt needs to put him in a position to succeed better, with better play-calling and coaching.

Advertisement
His completion % isn't what it needs to be but that is due to bad playing calling in the 1st half the last 2 games moreso then Rosier's play. When listing his stats you have to include his rushing stats as he can really run the ball for QB. Kaaya was best his 1st year so comparing Rosier and kaaya as freshman is hard but overall Kaaya wasn't amazing but obviously a ton of that was all the coaching changes he had to deal with. Rosier more then anything is a leader and a winner . He won't ever be a high round pick or anything but he is good enough to lead us where we want to go by the time he graduates ( the playoffs) and I love watching him play as he plays with such confidence that it can't help but make you confident .

Fact. That D in 2003 was NASTY.

The two best things about Rosier are his poise in big situations and his awareness of what he can and can't do well. He's limited as a passer but you don't see him force throws he knows he can't make. He'll tuck it and pick up the first down instead of forcing a throw downfield. He does tend to lock in on one receiver a little too often but that's not uncommon for a college guy with little in game experience.

Advertisement

Maybe? But if he had been trained to just get what he could (run, take a sack, throw it away, whatever) he wouldn't have had a 12/17 TD/INT ratio, we would have beaten Tennessee and walked into the championship game.

How about the fact that Malik only has 7 starts at this point? Brad and Jacory both were freshman starters, so had tons more game experience than Rosier. Morris might be close as he only started a couple games, I believe, before becoming the permanent starter his Jr. season.

Maybe? But if he had been trained to just get what he could (run, take a sack, throw it away, whatever) he wouldn't have had a 12/17 TD/INT ratio, we would have beaten Tennessee and walked into the championship game.

Another one of those qbs who was a couple years too early for spread era.. Where the mindset was force qb regardless of skill into prostyle... Even though it was evident he was most comfortable is spread... With weapons we had if we just had more open minded coaches who could maximize skills of players they would of lit up scoreboard enough to allow defense to get us to ship...

It got soo bad we had our defensive players telling media just get 17-21 points, we will take care of rest.

Advertisement
Dorsey wasnt very accurate, and he played on the GOAT team, with our best OL, with weapons everywhere. Berlin wasnt accurate either.

People nitpicking about Rosier's accuracy need to keep things in perspective here. The kid has huge set of balls, great hair, and he keeps winning.

FYI Malik has 48 rushes for 146 yards (3 ypc) and 2 TDs so far this year.

Closest comparison to that on the above list is Stephen Morris who had 70 yards on 50 carries (1.4 ypc) and 1 TD his Jr. year.

Thank you for not posting Kaaya's rushing stats. Don't know if the internet can handle that much ugly all at once.

Advertisement
Back