Malik Rosier has impressed and shown he is a legit QB

That QB is prob the best passer we will play all year. He put the ball on the money and made throw after throw. No way we face another kid who is that talented at throwing the ball. Our secondary was still bad but he was a wizard most of the day.

Sounds like 2011 after Maryland. The Toledo QB missed some gimmees that would have made things a lot closer.

Advertisement
That QB is prob the best passer we will play all year. He put the ball on the money and made throw after throw. No way we face another kid who is that talented at throwing the ball. Our secondary was still bad but he was a wizard most of the day.

Sounds like 2011 after Maryland. The Toledo QB missed some gimmees that would have made things a lot closer.

Again this guy had over 4200 yards 45 tds 9 ints 69% complexion percentage he’s a really good talent and likes to push the ball down the field

except we won by 22

Their QB was very good and had very good timing with his WRs which was expected.

It is sorta like those Mid- Major schools in College basketball who have played together for for many years. You could basically blindfold them and they will know where to position themselves and where to pass the ball.

Chemistry and repetition over the years is very valuable.

Rosier has shown up and he's ready to prove to CFB that he is more than capable of leading this UM team to the top!! I read so many different responses from different sites about this kid, BUT I really believe Miami has a good one in Rosier.. PPL can say this and that about the defense, BUT UM's offense is showing up to play.. This kid has shown that he can throw it and he has shown that he can also pull it down and take off and I really believe as the year goes on, Rosier will use his legs more especially in the big games like FSu, ND, VT; he will have to produce a little more with his legs just to keep those defenses on their heels!! BUT in two games, this guy has shown some really good skills and I believe this kid is the answer for this offense..

I'm not going to do any comparisons to any of UM's past QBs, all I will say is "this guy will lead our Canes to something special"..

Advertisement
kid's a much better athlete than i thought he was & he throws a **** good deep ball.

gives me a little more confidence in our QB situation as well, to know that shirreffs was neck and neck with him all summer and fall camp.

we really just gotta avoid injuries & get our secondary tightened up and we'll win a lot of games. but we also wont face another passing attack like toledo's

Rosier appears to be a keeper. Next few games will say a lot about how good he really is. And he's only going to get better with experience and AR15 coming back.

Wait until Ahmmon comes back. Him and Berrios have a really good connection, and with the Mark is toting that rock, he's aligned to have a very good season. Ahmmon is going to open up the whole offense! He's done a very good job so far this season. The teams he's played against are not the best, but it's all about building confidence at this point!

Rosier appears to be a keeper. Next few games will say a lot about how good he really is. And he's only going to get better with experience and AR15 coming back.

Not holding my breath on AR15. Sounds like a nagging injury.

Advertisement
He is doing better than i thought he would. 100 % believe he gives us a better shot to win than Kaaya. Not saying he is a better QB (although that wouldn't be the highest praise). The run element, the touch he has shown have both been better than Kaaya

Yeaaaahh... NO! They threw to the sidelines all game and ran our Wefense ragged with a depleted roster because of suspensions and no adjustments were made at all.

Yeaaaahh... NO! They threw to the sidelines all game and ran our Wefense ragged with a depleted roster because of suspensions and no adjustments were made at all.

I'm not saying Toledo and Maryland ran the same offense. I'm saying both Maryland and Toledo had guys running open all day against and there were no defensive adjustments. After the game the excuses were suspensions and cloud then, and 11 DBs and Irma now.

What I like about Malik so far is his smoothness. I have also noticed his ability to throw in tight Windows. His touch passes have been really good.

I now feel confident that he is a legit UM caliber QB

I'm less concerned with Rosier, and still pretty concerned about how Richt uses him.

I am just hoping the Toledo game plan and the lack of QB runs off of Walton isn't an indication of future game plans against much better defenses. Rosier is not a pro-set QB that, IMO only, should be trying to throw from a traditional pocket every down he doesn't hand off to Walton. We need his legs involved more and will need to get him outside of the pocket against the bigger faster defenses he will have tough times throwing over. He is a decent enough threat to run that I believe we should use a tad bit more often in various ways.

I'm going to go with the thought that maybe the coaches didn't want him running too much considering the lack of reps, conditioning and showing too much.

UM

Advertisement
He has done exactly what he should have done against much lesser talent. Lets pump the brakes.

except we won by 22

HAHAHAHA blew that comparison out of the water.

Advertisement
6'1" 220 pounds with speed and balance. Can win games with his feet and arm. If he can keep his throwing TD to INT ratio 2-1, we are going to score a **** ton of points.

6'1" 220 pounds with speed and balance. Can win games with his feet and arm. If he can keep his throwing TD to INT ratio 2-1, we are going to score a **** ton of points.

Agreed. Granted, we haven't played any real competition, especially on defense. Thats the big asterisk next to Malik's name for the time being.

That said, there's so much talent on our offense, more so than I expected before the season. This staff has done a great job developing our young receivers. Malik just needs to sling it and get the ball to his very talented targets a la Ken Dorsey, whether it be the speedsters who can juke a DB for a score or one of our tall lanky guys who can jump up for it. The running game will also be there, which will help Malik and vice-versa. He is also developing himself into a running threat, which will also keep defenses guessing and help his passing game.

The next 2-3 games will say a lot. I believe in him TBH. He's cool as ice. Doesn't get phased. Believes and trusts in the players around him. Seems like a better leader than Kaaya.

Who wouldve thought back in the summer that 4 weeks into the season we'd be lauding our O and losing sleep over our D?!?!?! Lol such is life.

GO CANES!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosier is really impressing. He'll have his moments that won't be great but he has played so much better than anyone expected. We can win a lot of games with him and Walton. It's the defense that's the real concern

There is zero concern about the front 7 on D . Just the secondary but they have so much talent that they will come around IMO.

Advertisement
Back