Malik Rosier has impressed and shown he is a legit QB

He showed a lot in the second half.

He's going to be a good player, not great or special. Which is ok.

He's going to miss easy throws at times, just because his touch isn't great and he's just not great with accuracy. He's just a gamer, that makes the needed play. With his legs or arm.

There was drops today and looked like a bad route from Thomas. Other than that he's making the right play majority of the time.

He's also helping the running game a lot , the de's are having to stay home and respect him, which takes one defensive player out of the play. Which is huge.

It'll never be **** but it'll be effective.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we please hold off on crowning him until he beats somebody of merit? I like what I've seen in flashes from him, but lets not crown him until he earns it.

don't think anyone is crowing him. He was a huge question mark coming into the season. People are less worried about him at this p[oint than other aspects of the team. That's all. He ain't did chit to earn a crown

Can we please hold off on crowning him until he beats somebody of merit? I like what I've seen in flashes from him, but lets not crown him until he earns it.

He may never earn it. But as long as he's a good manager of the game, I'm game.

don't think anyone is crowing him. He was a huge question mark coming into the season. People are less worried about him at this p[oint than other aspects of the team. That's all. He ain't did chit to earn a crown

If you don't say a guy sucks or is trash you're "crowing" around here. These idiots kill me, not one person has " crowned " him.

He's playing well and is the least of our worries.

Advertisement
I think this is the first post CityBoy has ever had that I've agreed with...but as someone who was saying all summer that Rosier was the no-brainer starter for THIS season, he's looked even better than I expected.

He's got a little gunslinger in him, which I love. You see throws down the field and to all parts of the field. His eyes stay downfield even when he's moving around to buy time. Kid is a good college QB.

We have absolutely, positively, ZERO excuses for NOT winning 10 games and the Coastal this year.

I watched the game at a bar, where I met up with several old friends. Saw every play, but didn't download it to the brain.

Respect your opinion as a long time poster. Care to elaborate more on what you saw? Positives and negatives.

I thought in the first half he checked down a lot, or threw deep - not much over the middle. 2nd half seemed much better, but that is when I kinda lost ability to watch. I'll watch again tm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna give this team a pass due to the hurricane, disrupted schedule, etc.

But the entire teams, except the RBs, Herndon and Bertios, better tighten up going into ACC play on Friday.

Advertisement
I've liked him since he came to Miami and always wondered why he didn't see the field except the Duke game. I think his Int was because Thomas broke the wrong way. I hope we run more RPO with him as he has run for a lot of yards off it already.

He may not be the best QB but I do feel a sense of relief now

I really don't get this sentiment at all. Granted its only been two games, and one was against Bethune - but I can't remember the last time we had a QB that looked this good. Certainly not Brad Kaaya, ever. Rosier has 6 passing TDs and 1 running, to just one interception, which was obviously a miscommunication - not a bad throw or decision. He's completing over 65%. Some of his passes have been spectacular, perfectly placed throws. And all this without his most dangerous receiving weapon on the field yet.

Maybe you all are hesitant to get excited after being burned by so many promised "future NFL" QBs that turned out to suck. But Malik has been money so far. If he keeps playing like this and nobody leaves early after this year, I think he could be up for awards at some point.

Good Post

We haven't played anybody yet. He, like the rest of the team, get an incomplete.

Toledo has the best Offense we probably face all season long. Give them credit. They may win 10-11 games this year.

Advertisement
We haven't played anybody yet. He, like the rest of the team, get an incomplete.

Toledo has the best Offense we probably face all season long. Give them credit. They may win 10-11 games this year.

Excuse me for not fellating a MAC team. What does Toledo's offense have to do with Rosier anyway?

MAC team or not, that Offense is legit and better than FSU's. As far as your question, nothing. However, when you say we played nobody the facts just don't reflect your opinion.

Excuse me for not fellating a MAC team. What does Toledo's offense have to do with Rosier anyway?

MAC team or not, that Offense is legit and better than FSU's. As far as your question, nothing. However, when you say we played nobody the facts just don't reflect your opinion.

If our defense continues to run around like chickens with their heads cut off, FSU and their not as good as Toledo offense will drop 30 on us as well. If we had goose egged BCU in week 1, I'd give Toledo more credit. As it stands, our D is pretty bad, so I don't know how good Toledo's offense really is.

Advertisement
That QB is prob the best passer we will play all year. He put the ball on the money and made throw after throw. No way we face another kid who is that talented at throwing the ball. Our secondary was still bad but he was a wizard most of the day.

Of the question marks coming into the season, he's has so far significantly exceeded expectations. I am most impressed with his poise, and his command. No, we haven't played any ACC games or top 40 teams, but it's clear that the job is not at all to big for him. For me he's the most pleasant surprise to this point. With the o-line second. And he hasn't even had his best weapon to work with.......

Teledo was a top 25 team according to the coaches poll and they were at 27 or 28 in the AP

Do you guys watch other teams play? Rosier is a ******* stud. Watch the big10. You'll want to hang yourself by the 2nd quater. Rosier is an above average college QB. Idc who we played. It's clear as day.

Advertisement
Back