Malik Rosier has impressed and shown he is a legit QB

Advertisement
Can we please hold off on crowning him until he beats somebody of merit? I like what I've seen in flashes from him, but lets not crown him until he earns it.

I'm told Malik shouldn't even be on this roster.

That's not a knock against the kid or a joke. In a perfect world, there are still guys playing who wouldn't be seeing the field for Miami. Delaney for one, doesn't look like he's ready quite yet, and Rosier doesn't have the natural ability you'd hope for in a perfect world. Rosier's stats looked good and he had a nice second half, but he's not quite what you'd wish for.

Now, having said that, he's good enough for us to make the ACCCG this year. If he and the rest of the team just do their jobs all the time we'll do well this year.

Plenty of great QB were nobodies while recruits. You look back and wonder why they weren't recruited highly. Meanwhile we recruited some top level QB and they turned out to be nobodies.

VH1 should do a where are they now.

Malik looked great in the second half. Gotta be consistent though. Really liked that 23 yard run to seal the deal as well. He's doing what he needs to do... Toledo not a pushover even on defense.

Advertisement
Of the question marks coming into the season, he's has so far significantly exceeded expectations. I am most impressed with his poise, and his command. No, we haven't played any ACC games or top 40 teams, but it's clear that the job is not at all to big for him. For me he's the most pleasant surprise to this point. With the o-line second. And he hasn't even had his best weapon to work with.......

Malik gives us a great chance to go far this season, if he stays healthy he's running ability can make him dangerous especially if his passing stays consistent. He's better then kaaya and he will be the first Miami qb to beat FSU since Jacory Harris. Watch and see. GO CANES.

Advertisement
He may not be the best QB but I do feel a sense of relief now

I really don't get this sentiment at all. Granted its only been two games, and one was against Bethune - but I can't remember the last time we had a QB that looked this good. Certainly not Brad Kaaya, ever. Rosier has 6 passing TDs and 1 running, to just one interception, which was obviously a miscommunication - not a bad throw or decision. He's completing over 65%. Some of his passes have been spectacular, perfectly placed throws. And all this without his most dangerous receiving weapon on the field yet.

Maybe you all are hesitant to get excited after being burned by so many promised "future NFL" QBs that turned out to suck. But Malik has been money so far. If he keeps playing like this and nobody leaves early after this year, I think he could be up for awards at some point.

Let's just be honest.... Malik Rosier is playing better than Brad Kaaya did at any point in his cfb career so far. His throws are more consistent, hes not going cold for huge stretches of the game, he's confident in the pocket, and his running ability is an added threat to this offense as well.

Advertisement
I think this is the first post CityBoy has ever had that I've agreed with...but as someone who was saying all summer that Rosier was the no-brainer starter for THIS season, he's looked even better than I expected.

He's got a little gunslinger in him, which I love. You see throws down the field and to all parts of the field. His eyes stay downfield even when he's moving around to buy time. Kid is a good college QB.

We have absolutely, positively, ZERO excuses for NOT winning 10 games and the Coastal this year.

Malik has played well. He has to work on not staring down receivers or better teams will make him pay. He and the offense should look much better with a healthy Richards back. The offense already lost Njoku and Coley to the draft, so having Richards out has had a big impact.

Malik has played well. He has to work on not staring down receivers or better teams will make him pay. He and the offense should look much better with a healthy Richards back. The offense already lost Njoku and Coley to the draft, so having Richards out has had a big impact.

This. I think Ahmmon's injury has definitely effected the potency of the offense. Just look at the receiving stats this game. Berrios and Herndon were our top receivers. Both should be 2nd or 3rd options at best with Richards returning. We'll also finally have a deep threat again which should open things up underneath and pull safeties back which will allow the run game to get going.

Offense should get even better if he can return healthy

Advertisement
Let's just be honest.... Malik Rosier is playing better than Brad Kaaya did at any point in his cfb career so far. His throws are more consistent, hes not going cold for huge stretches of the game, he's confident in the pocket, and his running ability is an added threat to this offense as well.

Brad who?

He's a phenomenal runner.

That run on the TD that got called back was really impressive, he just slipped out of the pocket after everything was covered & made every guy miss.

He doesn't panic under pressure, he sits comfortably in the pocket before deciding to run & when he does run, man he can really accelerate.

He's not a pure speed 4.4 blazer like Lamar Jackson, but he's really elusive & what I like most is he's smart with the ball while running, tucks the ball & doesn't just leave it out for defenders to force a fumble.

I'm told Malik shouldn't even be on this roster.

That's not a knock against the kid or a joke. In a perfect world, there are still guys playing who wouldn't be seeing the field for Miami. Delaney for one, doesn't look like he's ready quite yet, and Rosier doesn't have the natural ability you'd hope for in a perfect world. Rosier's stats looked good and he had a nice second half, but he's not quite what you'd wish for.

Now, having said that, he's good enough for us to make the ACCCG this year. If he and the rest of the team just do their jobs all the time we'll do well this year.

Plenty of great QB were nobodies while recruits. You look back and wonder why they weren't recruited highly. Meanwhile we recruited some top level QB and they turned out to be nobodies.

VH1 should do a where are they now.

Completely agree that the HS stars often don't work out and the college stars are often the 3* kids, but the fact remains that in a perfect world you've got 4-5 4* guys fighting for the starting spot.

What I enjoyed most today was when we needed him to make a play he did. He seems to have a different moxy about him than Kaaya did. Kid stinks of a winner.

Advertisement
Back