Malik Rosier - Every Passing Down

I would hope after two years of work with Richt that his mechanics will be better. He looks like a baseball player playing QB in those clips.

Advertisement
Fvck it! Just start Nkosi.

I think in a way they will but after the FSU game later down the road.........If Kosi get ripped after a FSU loss the fans will turn on him. Thats going to be tough to win if we pull it out then the defense has to play legendary that day

The Clemson game was ugly but funny enough we pretty much emulated their offense for the Duke game. Every play was designed for Rosier to read only half the field at a time.

Advertisement
If it's alright with you, I'm just going to skip the Clemson game and will await the Duke cut up. Thanks for the effort though.

I feel you there. Just doing the cutup of the Clemson game was bad enough, but then I remembered that was the game that got Al Golden fired, and then I was happy again.

I remember turning on the tv for a minute and seeing the score, turning to my brother and saying "well, who do you think is going to be our new coach?"

Team was playing for nothing vs. Clemson, you can tell.

Team was playing for Artie vs. Duke, you can tell.

I would hope after two years of work with Richt that his mechanics will be better. He looks like a baseball player playing QB in those clips.

The players said Rosier has improved. He also looks more powerfully built than those old clips. He was thrown into the fire with limited reps.....it was easy to see. He doesn't haveta be the best passer just efficient. I excpect him to run alot vs fsu...Hurts should provide the perfect footage to help Miami's game plan...

I will never judge a player based on being coached by El Foldo. Look at our 1 year defensive turnaround. If Richt started him, obviously he believes he can run the operation. And am sure those weren't passing skeletons he was completing passes against in the scrimmages. The more more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. He had no serious expectations to play while Kaaya was here, so I can see why he was unprepared in the Clemson game. He played better against Duke. But like I said I wash that away by being coached by the worst coaching staph ever. New beginning

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not a knock on Rosier, man those Clemson highlights were hard to stomach. Congrats to him though on winning the job, ready for the season.

Watched the Duke highlights.

He flat out through some nice balls.

He has plenty of arm strength.

He played like a guy who was starting his first game when he got pressured. Fortunately our OL is much better then the dumpster fire he played with then.

I think we may be pleasently surprised by his play this year.

Aside from the last play of the Duke game, that was incredibly depressing.

What was depressing about the Duke game?

Oh, you must mean the shītty ref calls.
Rosier was awful in that game as well. He had 2 - 3 decent passes but otherwise was missing receivers (badly) and running backwards. Hopefully he has gotten (a lot) better since then.

He wasn't awful in that game but he certainly didn't play well. That Duke D was bad and Coley called lots of screens. However, I am with you. I hope he improved significantly since then and proves me wrong.

I fear the FSU game is going to be very similar to the 1993 game. The Defense will keep the game some what close but our Offense won't be able to score enough TD's to overcome them. Let's pray he doesn't turn the ball over and our D or Special Teams can come up with some scores.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This got me thinking so I went and watched his HS tape. Obviously it isn't helpful or demonstrative to watch unlike the above footage, but it was fun to watch nonetheless. So enjoy.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/27emz0[/video]

The only reason that the Duke game was close was because of the Dorito's terrible defense. Rosier played pretty well as a first time starter/redshirt freshman. He most certainly has improved since then.

That Clemson game... Man that was a baby sheep thrown to the wolves. He had no chance. With coaching and an improved line he should showcase his ability, at least I hope!

Advertisement
Rosier played real well in the Duke game, and that's with a James Coley ran offense, who to this day is probably the single worst OC ive ever witnessed at this level, I would say coordinator in general but we all know that award goes to No D.

The highlights illustrated several things: coaches never prepared and adjusted to help QB; Rosier had a long slow winding delivery; and threw off balance often. I believe two years with an assigned QB coach and CMR experience as a QB and offensive coordinator Rosier should have developed enough to improve on identified skills. Strengths are: gamer, will not shy away from contact; and intermediate passing skills. Rosier has an ideal situation: coaching; solid defense; and two good RBs.

Hopefully he has started to throw with his feet set ... looked like he had jumping beans in his shoes. But the have to give a pass with that awful OL he played behind.

its also 2 years old...I dont think we'll get much insight from this or the duke game tbh

Disagree. You see what the kid could do 2 years ago, you have to know that Richt has developed him. It is easy to see what Richt was concerned about and assume he is now comfortable. Kid has talent, and I'm hoping he uses it wisely.

Advertisement
Back