Malik Rosier - Every Passing Down

Advertisement
Some great throws, some terrible throws. Whole lot of meh in between. I forgot how many **** screens we ran that game against Duke. Coaches had very little faith in Rosier to do anything except for the occasional deep ball.

Fortunately this was two years ago. I'd imagine there's been a lot of progress made since then.

Loved that game. Left that stadium feeling like we had jus won by nearly 60. Everyone knew the axe was coming

Loved that game. Left that stadium feeling like we had jus won by nearly 60. Everyone knew the axe was coming

I was practically celebrating Clemson scoring in the East end zone. Miami won that game in my eyes.

Not a Miami caliber qb.

Ten years ago....I'd agree...todays game is much different... Rosier is a 4.6 QB ready to take off at any time....defenses haveta respect his ability....its going to be interesting to see him use his speed in this offense.

Good gawd. Reading a defense and passing doesn't matter. Only his 40 time. Just let DJ Dallas play QB w this mentality

That INt clip. The entire defense sold out on the snap BC they know he won't check off primary WR.

Hurts won SEC POY....from what I've seen IMO Rosier is a much better passer with potentially more top end speed.....he just needs to be an efficient game manager...Rosier has enough talent to deliver when the opportunity presents itself....we haven't seen him operate this offense in a real game situation...we already know hes gonna be able to neutralize defenses with his ability to take off something that was missing last season....everything else is pure speculation....this is a wait and see situation. IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** that offense sucked terrible. Golden hired absolutely terrible coaches... he essentially fired himself by doing so!

Pretty sure the crappy budget he had to work with had a LOT to do with that. UM got what it payed for with Coker, Shannon, and Golden.

Not a Miami caliber qb.

Ten years ago....I'd agree...todays game is much different... Rosier is a 4.6 QB ready to take off at any time....defenses haveta respect his ability....its going to be interesting to see him use his speed in this offense.

Good gawd. Reading a defense and passing doesn't matter. Only his 40 time. Just let DJ Dallas play QB w this mentality

That INt clip. The entire defense sold out on the snap BC they know he won't check off primary WR.

Hurts won SEC POY....from what I've seen IMO Rosier is a much better passer with potentially more top end speed.....he just needs to be an efficient game manager...Rosier has enough talent to deliver when the opportunity presents itself....we haven't seen him operate this offense in a real game situation...we already know hes gonna be able to neutralize defenses with his ability to take off something that was missing last season....everything else is pure speculation....this is a wait and see situation. IMO

Wow

Advertisement
Couldn't stomach watching the Clemson footage. What stood out watching the Duke film was Rosier has some good tools. Now that he has the coaching, he could be a very solid to good college QB. His ceiling may have been higher than any of us ever gave him credit for. We will see.

The Duke game was incredibly interesting on so many levels.

- Hoping Rosier has improved from one read
- Rosier physically makes some unbelievable throws
- Rosier rolls to his left fairly effectively
- Duke was massively disrespectful of our athletes and often just played straight man
- Rosier tossed a pick directly into an obvious zone coverage
- Rosier later made ridiculous back shoulder throw
- They spoke of our program as if it were dead: "it's not 20 years ago anymore...time to re-evaluate"
- There may be Texas HS programs who'd debate they are a better coaching staff than what we had then
- With our current skill position talent, if any non-FSU team dares to man us up the way Duke, freakin' Duke, did then, they'd get smoked by any of Rosier/Shirreffs/Perry
- So happy we have a Center with Gauthier's strength and ability now

Advertisement
That Oline in the Clemson game was non-existent. My god at the holes golden left this team with

Occasionally, as I stay up late, drinking DIPAs or maybe a nice whiskey on the rocks, I like to mix videos from our last 10+ years in with the usual scat, cartel beheadings, and torture **** videos.

The Clemson loss was a miracle, like an addict needing to hit rock bottom.

Rosier has athletic skill and can make amazing throws at times. His supporting cast is much better with an improved OL, a mature Walton at RB, and Richards at WR. Coley and Njoku will be missed. The infusion of speed at the other WRs spots, plus Homer as 2nd RB will all be pluses.

Rosier has a year in the offense and a far superior coaching staff.

And with this defense Miami shouldn't be in shootout games.

All he needs to do is play within himself.

Advertisement
That was two years ago people have the ability to grow Malik Rosier is not the same quarterback we saw two years. He will be a much better and improved quarterback. LETS GO CANES!!! MALIK ROSIER is are new starting quarterback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Rosier was getting any more than twenty percent of reps when AG had his Golden Boy Kaaya here. So obviously his game film vs Clemson was terrible. Rosier himself admitted to not being a true student of the game until the Duke game. I think Rosier has been working for this moment for the past two years and he will be substantially better than most anyone expects. I recall being pleasantly surprised by him in the Duke game and with our OL issues at the time feeling like he might have been a better fit for this team. I recall others saying the same thing at the time. But Brad was obviously more talented as a passer. I have faith in this staff to do the right thing. Let's get it Malik!

Advertisement
Back