Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

Advertisement
I’ll be surprised if he ends up in the class. He’s intriguing with the speed, but our recruiting has gone to a different level since this commitment was taken. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not sure a really skinny guy without a specific position projection makes the cut. We will see.

Advertisement
This one of the guys we use to clear up another spot?
I think this depends on what happens. What if Marshall and Markevious want to commit in the next couple weeks? Are you turning one down for Curtis? I’m not. Maybe our staff has a different opinion. We will see.

I think this depends on what happens. What if Marshall and Markevious want to commit in the next couple weeks? Are you turning one down for Curtis? I’m not. Maybe our staff has a different opinion. We will see.

When I saw the title of this article and the brief caption you can read below it, the first thing that came to my mind was is this a prequel to him leaving the class.... I can't read the entire article so no idea what the rest says.

Advertisement
IMO, if Brown and Marshall wants in you put Curtis at WR, dude is electric with the ball in his hand and on the return units!

When I saw the title of this article and the brief caption you can read below it, the first thing that came to my mind was is this a prequel to him leaving the class.... I can't read the entire article so no idea what the rest says.
That is a reasonable interpretation. That could be his own decision given what is going on.

I also wonder about Tyler Johnson. Quietest recruitment I’ve ever seen. Hasn’t done an interview in over a year. Don’t see him at all on social media. Does anybody know where he stands? Just an honest question.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can’t believe what I’m hearing.
For like 10 years now we’ve been begging for speed. Upset about dudes like tutu and Schwartz leaving.
Now we have this guy that is fast AF. And let’s open up a spot without even knowing who is legit coming here?
I agree that he should be playing offense if we have 2 quality elite cb’s coming. But in this offense a dude like Curtis is a nightmare. If anything we need to see if we prefer him over smith or brown. While smith and brown are dynamic playmakers it’s obvious neither is as fast as curtis imo.

Last edited:
I can’t believe what I’m hearing.
For like 10 years now we’ve been begging for speed. Upset about dudes like tutu and Schwartz leaving.
Now we have this guy that is fast AF. And let’s open up a spot without even knowing who is legit coming here?
I agree that he should be playing offense if we have 2 quality elite cb’s coming. But in this offense a dude like Curtis is a nightmare. If anything we need to see if we prefer him over smith or brown. While smith and brown are dynamic playmakers it’s obvious neither is as fast as curtis imo.
You say “in this offense” but his commitment was taken as a CB. It’s questionable if he can play that position. I love the speed. But, he’s a skinny dude without a position. And, I’m not taking him over Brinson/George/Smith at WR or Brown at CB.

My opinion, he was a decent take 3 months ago but things have changed and I will be surpryif he signs at Miami. Let’s see...

Advertisement
Back