2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir... I heard he's from Miami originally also. He's in my top LB wants...
No question about it. Malik Bryant and Anthony Hill are my top 2.
I see the same thing. I want this kid because he is a supreme talent but I question the fit. Like you said he is good enough to fit in any scheme but I think his best fit would be a 3-4. Unfortunately I’m having Marcus Robinson flashes. Kid is probably better than MR was in space but you get my drift. I want all 3 that are committing on June 23rd and Malik is 💯 the most talented but I think we actually need the other two more. Actually I take that back, LB is atrocious for us.
Same thing I said to myself when watching his video clips. Bryant is basically a stand up DE when you watch him. He would be a perfect fit as the rush OLB in a 3-4. If he can get up to 6'3" he could convert to DE and play with his hand in the dirt. Whatever the case the talent is undeniable. Kid is explosive!

Advertisement
Am I the only one that thinks he’s a standup Will backer in our Defense?

He’s better suited to be an 3-4 OLB Jack Rusher, because he’s a bit undersized to be a 4-man front DE.

Not saying he couldn’t do it, just saying I think he projects more as a Standup Backer in our current system.
I agree. All depends on how he handles himself in space. Going off his hudl he looks and moves plenty fine to me.

Could seeing him transition like Micah Parsons from HS edge to stand up LB. Micah went to MLB and is another level if athlete, but a similar transition.

Kid is very very talented.

He’s better suited to be an 3-4 OLB Jack Rusher, because he’s a bit undersized to be a 4-man front DE.

Not saying he couldn’t do it, just saying I think he projects more as a Standup Backer in our current system.
LOL I promise you I didn't see this post before I wrote mine. It's just proof that great minds think alike!

The above were my exact thoughts watching his video clips. The difference is that you have much more knowledge of defense than I do particularly the technical aspects and terminology. I'm also in complete agreement that standup Will backer is exactly the type of role/position that Bryant would play here.

This is where Cristobal and his recruiting prowess come into play. Mario and the elite staff he has put together are going to begin stocking this roster with talent like Malik Bryant. Once we start getting kids like Bryant, Hill, Wayne, Hicks, McClain, LeBlanc, Walker, Harbor, Clark and Washington, it's on baby!

Recruiting is like a snow ball. Once some top players pop for us all the top kids are gonna say, Miami is a viable option. We can go there and go toe to toe with Bama and UGA. They follow recruiting as much maybe even more than we do. This class is important in that aspect. '24 and beyond will be cheese.

Recruiting is like a snow ball. Once some top players pop for us all the top kids are gonna say, Miami is a viable option. We can go there and go toe to toe with Bama and UGA. They follow recruiting as much maybe even more than we do. This class is important in that aspect. '24 and beyond will be cheese.
No doubt. Everyone wants in when the block is hot. Get that first local big timer in the boat and BAM!

Advertisement
Thats a thumper we should prioritize as well. Aguirre wanna know where we are with him
Created a thread with an interview of Aguirre on the Sebastian Lane show. Looking good with him. Didn't realize how deep his Miami roots are

Nope my first thought watching his film is that what he is. He has the prerequisite size and has shown the ability playing off the ball. This is a class we need to add some size to the lb core..there is a bunch of shrimps currently in our lb core. There has to be atleast 4 guys under 220 pd expected to log time. Thats too small. I personally havent looked at Bryant as a DL since watching him at all.

892763D4-5617-4E74-A057-4A710563FED7.jpeg

Who said On3 is biased against us? They seem to be pretty confident we land Bryant

On3 doing the right thing from a bidness standpoint. Stir the **** pot.
Get clicks. Get subscriptions.
Get paid.

Advertisement
I agree. All depends on how he handles himself in space. Going off his hudl he looks and moves plenty fine to me.

Could seeing him transition like Micah Parsons from HS edge to stand up LB. Micah went to MLB and is another level if athlete, but a similar transition.

Kid is very very talented.
Good comparison. Parsons did just fine at LB. Malik is my #1 want at LB along with Hill.

Malik is good at rushing the passer. Don't conflate that to mean he should be restricted to being viewed as an EDGE prospect. He's far from that IMO. THe Marcus Robinsons of the world never had even one clip showing the ability to navigate in space and in pass coverage like Malik has throughout his highlight tapes.

If we want to compare Malik to highly ranked LB prospects that failed to live up to expectations after showing passrushing skillsets in HS but being physically best suited for LB, I nominate Matthew Thomas.

With that said, Malik shows a varied skillset that can succeed in multiple different spots in different schemes. I agree he looks well-suited for Will in our 4-3, but I'm not closing the door on Mike. All in all, I think he's more LB than he is pure EDGE prospect. His passrushing ability is a bonus.

Malik is good at rushing the passer. Don't conflate that to mean he should be restricted to being viewed as an EDGE prospect. He's far from that IMO. THe Marcus Robinsons of the world never had even one clip showing the ability to navigate in space and in pass coverage like Malik has throughout his highlight tapes.

If we want to compare Malik to highly ranked LB prospects that failed to live up to expectations after showing passrushing skillsets in HS but being physically best suited for LB, I nominate Matthew Thomas.

With that said, Malik shows a varied skillset that can succeed in multiple different spots in different schemes. I agree he looks well-suited for Will in our 4-3, but I'm not closing the door on Mike. All in all, I think he's more LB than he is pure EDGE prospect. His passrushing ability is a bonus.
Agree with this totally. He is an instinctive, coordinated player. When he’s at LB, we are bigger. When he’s at DE, we stay small.

Advertisement
Agree with this totally. He is an instinctive, coordinated player. When he’s at LB, we are bigger. When he’s at DE, we stay small.
I've said it before on here, jit is very Parsons-esque. Not quite the pure athlete as Micah(but he's a true 1%er, Bryant's a 5-10%er)but his game compares very well to his. They're both 5 stars for many of the same reasons. Giant LBs who excel in coverage and have as much pass-rushing juice as a full-time blue-chip DE...

Advertisement

Why not have him do both here?

I mention this because it's exactly what Charlie Strong did at UF with Brandon Spikes. Spikes, a 'big' LB, would rush off the edge in passing downs, and play off-ball in other scenarios. We have two highly experienced DCs on staff (Steele and Strong) and two guys who have worked aside some of the best in the business (Addae from his time with Kirby, and JT from his time under Saban with the dolphins. I say we 'stack chips' and let greentree decide.

Matt Thomas is a excellent comparions, skill-set wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back