Making a point to players - Dabo Sweeney style

Why do you think that? ..there’s a direct correlation..when bama erects a new building, where u think that money is being generated from(
Does the company's owner you work for share his profits with you "equally"? What exactly makes you think any and every scholarship athlete deserves an 'equal share' of the profits generated from the football program?

Advertisement
Golf, and 87 other sports. Again, more opportunity for a greater number of young people vs a few guys getting a payday. So in lieu of funding 1,000s of programs for student athletes, you would rather the 1% get paid?
When there’s as much money being generated, yes if you played on that team all 4 years (which actually pretty rare) those players should get a cut..this would be on a 4 year cycle.

(Hypothetical**) Say you started this for the 2022 class of incoming freshman of 25 members in footbal, For each year that kid is on the team and is in good academic standing they get 5,000$ put away..times that by 25 (Which we know is never an exact number due to transfers) U get 125,000 allocated Annually towards the stipend each year For that freshman class ..that’s chump change in the grand scheme of how much a football program brings..https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/#3e22b509a2e7

like I said it’s chump esp due to the tv deals each major conference inks with various network. It can be Done and barely make a dent in the power five budgets While also helping out everyones favorite Equestrian team . Imo it’s almost like ppl are oblivious to the money that is out there

Does the company's owner you work for share his profits with you "equally"? What exactly makes you think any and every scholarship athlete deserves an 'equal share' of the profits generated from the football program?
No but I’m getting paid off the labor I produce..no matter whose paying me..I’m getting paid for my labor...now if you want trace that money Back directly toward the profits of the company, that’s up too u.

and I’m not talking about ever athlet in every sport. Im talking basketball and football. this is why most ppl agree with assessment

When there’s as much money being generated, yes if you played on that team all 4 years (which actually pretty rare) those players should get a cut..this would be on a 4 year cycle.

(Hypothetical**) Say you started this for the 2022 class of incoming freshman of 25 members in footbal, For each year that kid is on the team and is in good academic standing they get 5,000$ put away..times that by 25 (Which we know is never an exact number due to transfers) U get 125,000 allocated Annually towards the stipend each year For that freshman class ..that’s chump change in the grand scheme of how much a football program brings..https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/#3e22b509a2e7

like I said it’s chump esp due to the tv deals each major conference inks with various network. It can be Done and barely make a dent in the power five budgets While also helping out everyones favorite Equestrian team . Imo it’s almost like ppl are oblivious to the money that is out there

Why should the 9th string WR who caught 10 passes his whole career get the same cut as the star QB?

Advertisement
Why should the 9th string WR who caught 10 passes his whole career get the same cut as the star QB?
How many stars stay all 4 season And earn a degree ?? Scroll up bruh..that’s why I said players should be able to profit off there likeness and monetize their stardom. Zion shouldnt have had to wait until he was 19 to sign a shoe deal he could’ve gotten when he was 17. Johnny football shouldn’t have been suspended for profiting off his own signature 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ok that works for the top 50 revenue generating programs. What about the rest? You're talking thousands of kids every single year who are no longer afforded an opportunity to pursue a dream or a degree because their scholarships are no longer cost effective due to the disparity between the haves and have nots. I can't believe anyone doesn't understand this. Programs who aren't making money are going to stop playing football. It's that simple.

Ok that works for the top 50 revenue generating programs. What about the rest? You're talking thousands of kids every single year who are no longer afforded an opportunity to pursue a dream or a degree because their scholarships are no longer cost effective due to the disparity between the haves and have nots. I can't believe anyone doesn't understand this. Programs who aren't making money are going to stop playing football. It's that simple.
For the schools and conference’s That don’t profit like that, they don’t do it. It’s that simple it’ wouldnt be something unprecedented. Those bottom schools arent afforded the same opportunities anyways in terms of competing for nattys, tv deal money Or top tier bowl money....if you work for a great company within a industry , perks come with being apart of it. Company D Employees cant complain about The perks company A employees receive.

we know the top schools Are paying players and taking care of fams. Why not make it official.

For the schools and conference’s That don’t profit like that, they don’t do it. It’s that simple it’ wouldnt be something unprecedented. Those bottom schools arent afforded the same opportunities anyways in terms of competing for nattys, tv deal money Or top tier bowl money....if you work for a great company within a industry , perks come with being apart of it. Company D Employees cant complain about The perks company A employees receive.

we know the top schools Are paying players and taking care of fams. Why not make it official.

Oh, so you don't really care about young student athletes. Got it. You're literally admitting that you recognize that everything I've posted is in fact true...but you don't care.

Advertisement
@305to954

Do you even ******* realize what you're openly proposing? Are you completly blind to the fact that there are parents and others on this board whose family members' lives/dreams/hopes would be ******* upended by your myopic insistence that it matters not if 1,000s of young student athletes suffer as long as those who are more than likely going to ultimately profit from a professional career in football get their payday. Are you ******* serious dude?

@305to954

Do you even ******* realize what you're openly proposing? Are you completly blind to the fact that there are parents and others on this board whose family members' lives/dreams/hopes would be ******* upended by your myopic insistence that it matters not if 1,000s of young student athletes suffer as long as those who are more than likely going to ultimately profit from a professional career in football get their payday. Are you ******* serious dude?
Huh?? How would you or any parent suffer from this?? How would other student athletes suffer from this?? Do u know the actual percentage of D1 players who go pro in their sport?..again I ask what student athlete would suffer from this and how?

How would what’s going on In the P5 effect Florida a&m or ECU or whoeve? Are naively suggesting they would no longer be able to field teams?

I love the simple minded idea that people are getting filthy rich off things like college athletes and they get nothing in return. Usually the people making these statements have no clue about the actual cost and value of a college education.

Advertisement
So please let us know what exactly the rules are regarding this word.

Can I sing along to my favorite songs or not? If I'm doing karaoke, do I have to pause during that word? Is it appropriate for popular songs to include that word knowing most of the listeners are not black?

If you are at a concert can you sing along?

Similarly can I recite my funniest lines from my favorite movies or not?

Does intent matter?

With regard to who is allowed to use the word, what percent African heritage do you need to make it acceptable? One black grandparent, two black grandparents? Three? What if you are married to a black female and have mixed children? Can your children use the word but not you?

What if you are Puerto Rican and of mixed race heritage?

Who is allowed to make the rules and change the rules?

Obviously, my point is that these rules are absurd. Either it's a vile, profane word, where nobody should use it, or it's not.

I grew up listening to NWA and the Geto Boys. I heard the word a million times in the context of music but zero times in the context of a racial insult. At this point, I find the word despicable and would never use it in any circumstance. But it's amazing how often you hear that word in pop culture. Who would have thought 30 years later we would still be having these ridiculous conversations ...
Wow it’s hilarious that you even need a reason to say it. I believe as a black man no we are not supposed to say it BUT because of the history of where that word comes from white people shouldnt even want to a reason to say the **** word, wtf is your problem? Yes we say the word amongst each other but when white people say it that psychologically triggers us. We never made up the word in the first place, we all know it has evil origin but we at least try to change the negative connotation amongst us black folks. If you can’t understand that, say it reciting some rap song around some black men and maybe you’ll get it then. Yea and see if that “I’m 2% African on my father’s side.” bs will help you if all else fails, may God be with you.

Huh?? How would you or any parent suffer from this?? How would other student athletes suffer from this?? Do u know the actual percentage of D1 players who go pro in their sport?..again I ask what student athlete would suffer from this and how?

I'm not doing this anymore. You're just not getting it. I'm literally telling you how it's gonna affect people but you have blinders on. Bye.

9663B036-B0BA-4CB7-B135-71E13ED80BB8.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm not doing this anymore. You're just not getting it. I'm literally telling you how it's gonna affect people but you have blinders on. Bye.
Lmao you can’t even formulate a response. Just throwing out nonsense that make absolutely no sense to the discussion

Advertisement
Back