Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Y’all mofos are such hypocrites. Lol! So you killed Applewhite for allegedly not calling plays when he was at UH..which was a lie..but now we know for a fact Scott didn’t call plays and it’s all good? Lol!

Man what a money post! I couldn’t agree with your more, its a gamble for any one we hire but these mofos be acting like play calling experience matter in some cases and then not in others. It just depends on if they like the coach and what program he is coming from. I’m not sure that most of these mofos really understand and analyze football, they seem more like cheerleaders to me. They just following the wave and rooting for the shinny object. Smh

Advertisement
Soooo....if Fedora was plan A, Applesause is b, please....PLEASE tell me we are back to plan A.231 or something.

You just trashed Applewhite yesterday. Now you're crying that its not going to be him.

As I said, you and a lot of CIS will complain about whoever it is. That way if it doesnt work out you can start 500 threads bout how you were "right"

Advertisement
Advertisement
wrong. look at it the other way. the longer it goes on means we have a lot of very GOOD oc's who want the job and keep contacting Miami.
And this isn't long it's rushed because of the crazy situation we were put in so Manny is doing his due dilligence we're just hoping it's done before the dead period is over

You just trashed Applewhite yesterday. Now you're crying that its not going to be him.

As I said, you and a lot of CIS will complain about whoever it is. That way if it doesnt work out you can start 500 threads bout how you were "right"
I'm not sure if I trashed him. I dont want him picking the position coaches. Maybe you consider that trashing him. Ironically, that has been my ONLY complaint about potential OCs out of all the names mentioned. (Except Coley, really dont want but not my call)
But besides that's, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Advertisement
No. There are a limited number of coaches per NCAA rules.

At least one just has to handle a position group and this is a non-issue.

Ohio State: Kevin Wilson / Mike Yurcich

Clemson: Tony Elliot / Jeff Scott

Georgia: Jim Chaney / James Coley

Alabama: **** near every member of their staff and support staff has high level HC/coordinating experience

It's how things are done now if you commit resources to a side of the ball. I'm 100% serious when I say should be planning on having 2 of these high level guys on the same staff, with Diaz designating an Alpha. Hire Applewhite, but then go pay Graham Harrell near the same amount to be passing game coordinator / QB coach. Get me Jeff Scott, but then go hire Brian Wright as AHC / QB / Passing Game Coordinator.

We can pull off any of these duos off for less than the $2M elite coordinators cost.

What’s the hold up on getting Gruden as OC? The Raiders didn’t make the playoffs. I don’t get this waiting game.

Advertisement
My first instinct is usually right, I was against Applesauce from the jump but if he was hired I just hoped it worked out, I'm glad we didn't pull the trigger too early on this one.

But if you spent the last 2 days trying to spin that he was some good offensive guru you should take the orange & green glasses off & stop always trying to be a kiss *** fan. He's been described as average at best & usually a fck up as a play caller.

There's a sh*t ton of options that run the Spread & are better than him, hiring Apple so prematurely would've been settling. We need to hit a Homerun at OC, if we get the right guy for the job would could legit go on a run & compete for the conference within 2 years, but it's going to take a transformational X's & O's technician to come in & completely rebuild this offense into a Juggernaught.

What makes us think that a home run hitter wants to work at The U? The only ones who might take the job are probably left with no other choices. Manny only came because he was a Cane. We're going to have to take a chance on somebody who's not a Cane.

maybe Fedora is back in?
Interesting. Do y'all know Stefan's take on all the craziness about leaks and sources and smoke-screens, and if he is planning a follow-up comment about that any time soon here?

Advertisement
Back