Mahoney leaves program, team releases statement

Advertisement
True, Manny ain't with that soft ****, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake on Mahoney's part.
Is it truly a lack of talent, or was it a lack of development that facilitated what we saw on the field?
What if he gave it another year under quality coaching to see?

Either way, wish him the best. Wasn't impressed at all with his performance, and I can only hope he realizes his potential -- whatever potential that may or may not be, somewhere else.
He wasnt some recruit anyone thought had a lot of talent. He was an al golden NE special. If anything, he developed as well as anyone who came through the program at the same time. Appreciate what he did for the program. Good luck to him.

My concern is we have zero depth on OL.

our OL in 2019 should be some combo of the following

LT - Tommy Kennedy or John Campbell

LG - Cleveland Reed - Zalon'tae Hillery

C - Corey Gaynor

RG - Navaughn Donaldson - Kai-Leon Herbert

RT - DJ Scaife - John Campbell

Plenty of talent. With a good offense and OL coach we should see huge improvements

Last edited:
Matt Pipho says hi

Did someone say Pipo?

1547487063103.png

Advertisement
Manny is getting the OL room in order. Calling it now, we will have at minimum, a serviceable OL and certainly good enough to beat everyone on our regular season schedule. We can deal with Clemson and post season later, but he will have our OL ready to compete this Fall.

You have to believe he sees an anology to having a DL never anywhere near the QB and constantly getting shoved back....he wants that "attacking" offense he talks about...here is where it starts.

Don't know much about Barry, but hoping for a nice NFL mentality.

UM

C - Corey Gaynor

Plenty of talent. With a good offense and OL coach we should see huge improvements

Campbell or Hillery will be the RT. Scaife is a way better G prospect than T. We will see.

Advertisement

C - Corey Gaynor

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

C - Corey Gaynor

This o-line will better just by getting in shape, weeding out the softiness

Advertisement
True, Manny ain't with that soft ****, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake on Mahoney's part.
Is it truly a lack of talent, or was it a lack of development that facilitated what we saw on the field?
What if he gave it another year under quality coaching to see?

Either way, wish him the best. Wasn't impressed at all with his performance, and I can only hope he realizes his potential -- whatever potential that may or may not be, somewhere else.
again diaz may think reed is just better. richt was quoted as saying when campbell reed were ready to play that Miami would have his sec oline so if diaz feels campbell reed ready to contribute that woudl explain a lot cause with lt add in grad transfer if campbell ready but not reed then campbell can play rt Scaife lg also so talent wise will be a fun spring to see how it all plays out

If Miami wants to be the Miami it should be ...then this type of thing has to happen...Haselwood's statement about us being soft and not caring about losing was ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!! NOW THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN AND HE IS WEEDING OUT THE SELFISH...THE UNCARING...AND THE LEAS TALENTED...ITS NOT MAHONEY'S FAULT. ....HE JUST DIDNT MAKE THE GRADE....SOME RAIN MUST FALL BEFORE THE SUN SHINES.......WE WILL NEVER EVER BE CALLED SOFT AGAIN!!!!!!! DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO MANNY WE ARE BEHIND YOU...........GO CANES!!!!!!!

Advertisement
If we still have mad open scholarships, what's the point of showing him the door before spring rather than after spring? Our depth is ok, not great and he does have experience if for some reason the injury bug hits. Or am I to assume, MD is making room for transfer season?

Not a big loss, just a depth question.

If we still have mad open scholarships, what's the point of showing him the door before spring rather than after spring? Our depth is ok, not great and he does have experience if for some reason the injury bug hits. Or am I to assume, MD is making room for transfer season?

Not a big loss, just a depth question.

Probably a courtesy to the kid. If he is out of the plans and has given 4 solid years of contribution, give him as much lead time as possible on his next move.

Advertisement
Back