Mahoney leaves program, team releases statement

View as article
Advertisement
imagesOC1DC7ZM.jpg

Advertisement
I'm reading between the lines. Probably was told he wouldn't play much. We have a bunch of talented young lineman that will pass him in the depth chart. Smart move to free up a scholarship.

Thanks and best wishes to Mahoney.

Agreed that it was a smart move on OUR part to free up a scholly, but HE put himself in the portal, right?
Just wondering what he'd do under quality coaching, but at this point it's best to just wish him well and see what recruiting season offers.

Advertisement
Wow, Manny isn’t messing around. Probably recognized how often his DL abused Mahoney so it was time for him to go. Be realistic, in the new scheme and technique plus rotation, Mahoney wasn’t going to sniff the field again. So Manny did the right thing, he gets to graduate then find opportunities elsewhere. That’s a win/win.

True, Manny ain't with that soft ****, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake on Mahoney's part.
Is it truly a lack of talent, or was it a lack of development that facilitated what we saw on the field?
What if he gave it another year under quality coaching to see?

Either way, wish him the best. Wasn't impressed at all with his performance, and I can only hope he realizes his potential -- whatever potential that may or may not be, somewhere else.
What if he knew the freshmen from last season have developed and were gonna take his starting job.

Advertisement
People act like Manny doesn’t know the offense, forgetting that he saw his defense go against some of these less than talented people every single day and didn’t have blinders on because of personal relationships or having recruited them

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back