Mack playing chess

Texas was dumb for ever getting rid of him. He’s absolutely a legit thorn in our side whether you admit it or not. The dude can recruit as well as anyone. I give credit where it’s due. That being said, the talent in NC isn’t FL. And he’s not getting many guys Dabo wants. It’s basically Butch 2.0 in NC right now.
Just because he’s been kicking our azzes doesn’t mean he’s a good coach...

It’s obvious you didn’t follow Texas much post colt mccoy because that team went straight Coker mode too the end

Advertisement
Just because he’s been kicking our azzes doesn’t mean he’s a good coach...

It’s obvious you didn’t follow Texas much post colt mccoy because that team went straight Coker mode too the end
Diaz was there near his end too bud. That BYU game was eerie similar to UNC. This is Diaz’s year to prove he’s a good coach. It’s make or break for sure.

I'm not saying Mack is Schnelly, JJ, or Butch DA GAWD...

In relation to Manuela, he [Mack] fired him as an assistant and remains unbeaten HC v HC contests. How many more sample items do we need.

Again, lets not bring in Mack to Coral Gables, but so far his overall performance in Chapel Hill appears to exceed what we've seen with Diaz.

Can that change?
Duh yes.

Look, it is the head coach who must come up with a plan to beat his or her nemesis. Nothing has worked thus far and desperate times mean desperate measures.

If I am Manny, I am calling in sick October 16th. Missing the flight to Chapel Hill? I don't care if I am the HC I am trying something! Last year he tried the bend and break defense. Oops. Look, at the least if it works I will be talked about for years.

Diaz was there near his end too bud. That BYU game was eerie similar to UNC. This is Diaz’s year to prove he’s a good coach. It’s make or break for sure.
I tell you that Brown was in awful post colt and you decide to jab Diaz by bringing up a terrible game( yes similar to last years beat down).

Country club Mack can recruit, country club Mack has no qualms about being a CEO and letting his assistants coach, but his best country club Mack trait is talking up boosters to spend.

91913727-active-retired-people-old-friends-and-free-time-two-senior-men-having-fun-and-playing-chess-at-park-.jpg

Advertisement
The 2 losses against unc the past 2 years have more to do with Miami than Mack being some coaching savant. We lost to unc with fedora too and I don’t see him as the frontrunner to replace Saban.
Not gonna be afraid of some coach that managed to beat the sht out of a Baker defense but lost to a beyond depleted and talentless FSU team while having a first round talent at qb.
Straight eau de beeaatch scented dudes on our fan base.

Once croots see Mrs. Browns 1964 Victorian floral wallpaper its all over.

Duh yes.

Look, it is the head coach who must come up with a plan to beat his or her nemesis. Nothing has worked thus far and desperate times mean desperate measures.

If I am Manny, I am calling in sick October 16th. Missing the flight to Chapel Hill? I don't care if I am the HC I am trying something! Last year he tried the bend and break defense. Oops. Look, at the least if it works I will be talked about for years.
I mean last year’s defensive debacle was utterly atrocious and indefensible (like UNC’s offense that night) but the 2019 game was an example of Miami stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. It’s not just the improbable 4th and 17 conversion but the fact that if Miami had a field goal kicker, the 4th and 17 conversion wouldn’t have even mattered.

Advertisement
Nah, I was in Austin during the Mack years. He lucked out with Vince. He was a good recruiter but not a good evaluator. And was Erickson-esque in how he managed the players. He also wasn't the best at identifying good position coaches, though that looks to have improved. Overall, top quartile but not elite HC. Manny should be able to out-recruit, out-evaluate and out-coach him if he's as good as we hope he is.

Bro, he was winning before & after Vince my guy. My former co-worker who’s a UT alum/booster loved Mack. His last 4 years was unceremonious fa sho, but to say his success at UT was based upon VY is not 100.

The 2 losses against unc the past 2 years have more to do with Miami than Mack being some coaching savant. We lost to unc with fedora too and I don’t see him as the frontrunner to replace Saban.
Not gonna be afraid of some coach that managed to beat the sht out of a Baker defense but lost to a beyond depleted and talentless FSU team while having a first round talent at qb.
Straight eau de beeaatch scented dudes on our fan base.
A lot of these Mac slurpers also said UCF would become a better program that UM.

One of my best friends played for Brown during his first stint at UNC in the ‘90s. He always talked about how he was really fake and lacked the ability to connect with his players.

I would think in today’s recruiting world, that is a huge negative. But then again.....guys like Nick Monroe still seem to have recruiting success. Monroe is about as phony as they come.....

One of my best friends played for Brown during his first stint at UNC in the ‘90s. He always talked about how he was really fake and lacked the ability to connect with his players.

I would think in today’s recruiting world, that is a huge negative. But then again.....guys like Nick Monroe still seem to have recruiting success. Monroe is about as phony as they come.....

He's a dirty little secret- UNC is as filthy as Bama, OSU, and Clemson when it comes to cheating. UNC gets a pass though because it is considered a quality academic school and is one of the two crown jewels of the ACC. UNC should have been given the death penalty for perpetrating what is widely considered to be (and this is not an exaggeration), the biggest academic fraud ever in college sports. I don't think they even got a slap on the wrist. Essentially, Clemson and UNC get the same treatment at UGA and Bama get. Mack knows how to get the money of deep pocketed boosters in the hands of recruits and doesn't have to worry about getting penalized.

Advertisement
I'm not saying Mack is Schnelly, JJ, or Butch DA GAWD...

In relation to Manuela, he [Mack] fired him as an assistant and remains unbeaten HC v HC contests. How many more sample items do we need.

Again, lets not bring in Mack to Coral Gables, but so far his overall performance in Chapel Hill appears to exceed what we've seen with Diaz.

Can that change?
If Borregalis was our kicker last year ('19) you'd have one sample item.

Overall performance:
Record-
Mack II in the ACC-11-7
Overall- 15-10
Diaz in the ACC-11-6
Overall- 14-10

Bowls-
Mack- 1-1
Diaz-0-2

Mack's performance exceeds what we've seen in Diaz by one bowl win.

My response in post 73 sums it up pretty well.
Mack has 153 years on Diaz. He's a good Coach.
He was also 1-13 in his first 2 years in the ACC.

Diaz has proven nothing.
If that doesn't change, we need a change.

If Borregalis was our kicker last year ('19) you'd have one sample item.

Overall performance:
Record-
Mack II in the ACC-11-7
Overall- 15-10
Diaz in the ACC-11-6
Overall- 14-10

Bowls-
Mack- 1-1
Diaz-0-2

Mack's performance exceeds what we've seen in Diaz by one bowl win.

My response in post 73 sums it up pretty well.
Mack has 153 years on Diaz. He's a good Coach.
He was also 1-13 in his first 2 years in the ACC.

Diaz has proven nothing.
If that doesn't change, we need a change.

The hyperbolic proclamations make me lol.

Yours is a very astute synopsis.

The hyperbolic proclamations make me lol.

Yours is a very astute synopsis.
What if ....
Mack was here the last 2 years and he lost to Appy State ('19) and FSU ('20) with no Coastal titles/ACCCG's?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's a dirty little secret- UNC is as filthy as Bama, OSU, and Clemson when it comes to cheating. UNC gets a pass though because it is considered a quality academic school and is one of the two crown jewels of the ACC. UNC should have been given the death penalty for perpetrating what is widely considered to be (and this is not an exaggeration), the biggest academic fraud ever in college sports. I don't think they even got a slap on the wrist. Essentially, Clemson and UNC get the same treatment at UGA and Bama get. Mack knows how to get the money of deep pocketed boosters in the hands of recruits and doesn't have to worry about getting penalized.
And how did they resolve it? Fire the guy who had a connection to Miami.

"... Diaz has proven nothing... "

- Arguably two of worst 10 losses in program history
- Lost to a team that installed forward passes a few months prior
- 4Q stand against CMU
- Lost to Duke
- Lost La Tech
- Lost to FIU
- 4th and 17
- UNC RBs are still running for first downs as we speak

Yes, Manuela has much to prove ahead of him and I hope he does in far better ways that what he has already proven. I stated from day 1, In Manolo we trust, until we don't. Well...

PS We can IF this, IF that all day. IF Bama wore Hurricane jerseys last year there would be another trophy in the case down in Coral Gables. If, if, if, if....

Mack: That's right, off W Franklin St. Okay, from campus turn left when you see the Papa John's. My house is directly behind that. No, if you pass the Jiffy Lube or Cannabliss Dispensary, you've gone too far. Hurry up Sally's making snickerdoodles!
Medical Weed’s not legal in NC.

Advertisement
Back