2023 Mack Howard; QB talking to Ponce

Advertisement
Fallback.. lol

Pennington was a heisman finalist and first round pick.
Said he's a Pennington type, not Pennington himself lol Accurate QB with average athletic traits, which is exactly what Pennington was. If our two top options are Nico and Dante, then this kid would be the de facto fallback if we miss on both.

Good arm, not great but with that quick release, he'll be fine. He's accurate on all three levels. Good size and he moves well in the pocket. One negative is on a lot of those throws he went with his first read. You don't really see him going through his progressions. That may just be because of the plays he chose to highlight but it stood out to me. That said, the kid was throwing dimes. He's accurate and throws a very catchable ball.

there's tools here to work with. pretty interesting looking prospect.

Advertisement
Man you guys are pretty tough. Kid is slinging it all over the yard with 47 td and only 3 int. Also on the first td run in his clips thats not some un athletic kid taking off on a 60 yard td run. That kid was scooting. Last thing, kid is also what maybe 16 and hes firing it down filed 40-50 yards like its nothing. The kids got more than enough zip and hes still growing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I saw first hand what Pennington was in college (Moss for that matter too), and you can do a lot worse than his college career.

I rewatched the highlights.
If we are deciding on choice of highlight music alone I’d say not a take.

Advertisement
Man you guys are pretty tough. Kid is slinging it all over the yard with 47 td and only 3 int. Also on the first td run in his clips thats not some un athletic kid taking off on a 60 yard td run. That kid was scooting. Last thing, kid is also what maybe 16 and hes firing it down filed 40-50 yards like its nothing. The kids got more than enough zip and hes still growing.
I like this kid, tbh. How many QBs we looking to take in ‘23?

Agreed. Feel like it was taken as an insult but if we can get a QB who is Chad Pennington, I’ll take that all day.

Meant maybe not highly sought after, even though this young man seems to have a better list. Marshall was literally Pennington's best offer and it came from camping there.

Oddly enough, his son Cole signed on to QB for Marshall last year. Man, some of us are getting old.

Good arm, not great but with that quick release, he'll be fine. He's accurate on all three levels. Good size and he moves well in the pocket. One negative is on a lot of those throws he went with his first read. You don't really see him going through his progressions. That may just be because of the plays he chose to highlight but it stood out to me. That said, the kid was throwing dimes. He's accurate and throws a very catchable ball.

I noticed the same.

Processing seems a hair slow.

Competition wasn’t the best so he wasn’t under much pressure.

Has tools to be a good college quarterback if he can past the first read. I suspect it won’t be a big problem. The rise in competition might though. Would take him as the second qb signee and see how he develops.

Advertisement
Back