MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
The lone running back target left on the board for the Canes was schedule to make his announcing at 11:11 this morning on Blecher Report's snapchat.......

But, The star running back has decision to push his commitment back
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 7.34.35 AM.jpg

Here's what I'm hearing --

Sources confirm to CanesInSight.com that Anthony McFarland's HS coach is currently meeting with the Maryland staff

While McFarland was a HEAVY Miami lean, this decision will come down to where he's most comfortable. McFarland has been a star in the city of Maryland since his Pop Warner/Middle School days. The Maryland staff is really pushing for him to stay close to home, and put on for the 301. I still think Miami is the favorite, but this is an emotional decision and that's why he pushed his commitment back.

This reminds me of Howard Schnellenberger pitch to the local guys, when Miami was nothing. Maryland is in the same boat.

Prediction: Miami and here's why. Thomas Brown is the only person who has that kinda of relationship with McFarland. Brown was schedule to visit McFarland Thursday regardless of who he chose, which show what McFarland means to Coach Brown.

Advertisement
Too bad kids from South Florida don't have this kind of loyalty.

Advertisement
[INSTAGRAM]BPm21T7BMfT[/INSTAGRAM]

This is from the Dematha coach as of two days ago. In the caption he writes about winning a 5th title at the school and the talk of him taking a college job is just a rumor at this point

Last edited:
So Maryland is playing the last card they have in their hand to land him and that's hiring his HS coach. If he really sits down and thinks about it, it shouldn't change anything for him. Unless you don't trust the coaching staff at UM to look out for you (and if you didn't, why would you ever be close to committing there?) having your HS coach at MD doesn't negate all the other advantages outside of the coaches that UM has over MD.

Advertisement
So Maryland is playing the last card they have in their hand to land him and that's hiring his HS coach. If he really sits down and thinks about it, it shouldn't change anything for him. Unless you don't trust the coaching staff at UM to look out for you (and if you didn't, why would you ever be close to committing there?) having your HS coach at MD doesn't negate all the other advantages outside of the coaches that UM has over MD.

No... they aren't... Ellis brooks looks to be staying at dematha since he is striving for another state title his 5th one.

This is an absolute must get for us. If we don't land him we end up with 4 scholarship RBs, one of which has done nothing in four years, and one of which has a bad injury history.

That's not a great situation at RB and I absolutely expect Brown to close on McFarland, anything less would be a recruiting failure considering they haven't even recruited backup RB options that I know of.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I have to say is "Bruh"...then after that I might say "really" while shaking my head...

Here's my thinking. If we don't get McFarland it will suck. But that should line is up great to land Lingard in '18. I know Mac can be moved all over the place but we are not in the place yet where kids will come to us and sit. Only reason we are lining up for a good WR haul is because the cupboard is so **** bare. Silver lining helps from going mad b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back