2023 Mac Markway, 2023 TE Offered

Advertisement
Ummm…👀… am I the only one thinking this kid needs to just play LT instead? That highlight tape didn’t do him any justice for the TE position. He must’ve killed in camps cause I don’t understand the offers. **** near felt like I was watching Brian Polendey HS tape.
Their QB wasn’t very good last year in my opinion and I think he was hurt towards the end of the season because I didn’t see/notice him in the playoff game I went to.

Idk about big time but the only TE I can remember at LSU was Randy Moss son who played TE but was really just a jumbo WR/Hback for joe Brady and Burrow on that historic offensive year
Agreed Moss kid produced in college but wasn't a draft pick or anything. Other LSU name that comes to mind is Foster Moreau, solid backup to Darren Waller in Vegas.

OSU has produced some okay guys like Nick Vannett, Jeremey Ruckert (entering draft now), Huerman, Stoneburner.

But to sum up the TE position at both schools, it's little to nothing.

Advertisement
I’ll put him on commit watch. This is more of a Mallory situation instead of a Pyburn situation imo.
Players from football families are more concerned with staff and coaching than allegiances.
If we didn’t have Richt here during Mallory’s recruitment he’s all Michigan.
His family being a bunch of coaches likely steered him to come play for cmr.
The same might be going in with this young man. Just an opinion looking at it from the outside.

Ummm…👀… am I the only one thinking this kid needs to just play LT instead? That highlight tape didn’t do him any justice for the TE position. He must’ve killed in camps cause I don’t understand the offers. **** near felt like I was watching Brian Polendey HS tape.
Kid can definitely block. Mario's tipping his hand that he wants more physicality at the TE position?

Advertisement
This kid is physical and can block. We have skilled TE's that can stretch the field, but need a physical TE that can block and catch. We have trouble blocking on the edges and in the running game. Kids like this help in line and in the backfield.

I think our hidden weapon is going to be Mario, who has actually coached TEs before. Nobody can possibly negative-recruit us at this position.

247 update on Markway today:

Markway, who is listed at 6-foot-4, 245-pounds, is being heavily pursued by Iowa, Miami (FL), Ohio State, and LSU, and has visits scheduled to all four schools.

"The first schools to contact me were Iowa and Miami (FL) then LSU and Ohio State," Markway said. Those were all the first schools to reach out to me.”

“Right now, the schools I’m looking for right now are the schools that really want me. Those are the main guys that have really recruited me hard before and after. It was definitely a breath of fresh air to have schools that still want me after decommitting from elsewhere. These schools definitely want me for sure.”

The first stop for Markway and his family was Miami (FL). Markway got to see first-hand what the Hurricanes are starting with a new coaching staff led by head coach Mario Cristobal.

Markway is also planning to get back to Coral Gables on April 2.

"My favorite people are the real ones that aren’t going to do all the fancy stuff and they were really real," Markway said of the Hurricanes. "Them and Iowa are probably the two most real that I have talked to so far with talking to Coach Cristobal and Coach Fields. They’re just fun guys to talk to and I know that both those schools are about to put the work in. They’ll get you prepared for the next level and prepare for championships along the way.”

Markway is still making his way through the visits. He's not in a major rush with his decision and says that these couple of visits will be critical in his recruitment. As of now, Markway said his top-four schools in order are Iowa, Miami (FL), LSU, and Ohio State, but that could always change. Markway said he also has been hearing from Washington a bit.

“I’m going to take these visits and try and commit in the next couple of months," he said. "I’m thinking like four months to rethink everything. I’ll maybe take an official visit if they have time. That’s my timeline right now.”

Can’t even be mad at the kid if be chooses Iowa honestly. He is a legacy I believe and they pump them out, he knows he can be developed there too.

With that being said, he is giving us another shot with another visit so we need to knock it out of the park and close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t even be mad at the kid if be chooses Iowa honestly. He is a legacy I believe and they pump them out, he knows he can be developed there too.

With that being said, he is giving us another shot with another visit so we need to knock it out of the park and close.
They’ve been a superior program to us for a long time now and obviously the huge difference in the “culture”

So I agree. I like our chances but still wouldn’t really see it as a loss if he opts for Iowa

Just my two cents anyway

Advertisement
Back