M. Rosier > T. Martell

You had to be there man, he is 100% correct
Okay, so he had a rough day. In what world does that mean we can assess his ability vs. a player we watched for multiple years? Sample size is too small.

Listen, I don’t care one way or the other. If he sits the bench, fine. If he starts, fine. But this idea that we’re going to trash kids for one performance is embarrassing.

Advertisement
In all seriousness after that scrimmage I agree with that statement. Martell was notably bad. I’ve seen ducks clipped by a 24 gauge fly better than some of his throws today. There was one thrown in particular that everybody at the scrimmage isn’t going to forget, where the whole stadium audibly and visibily cringed at how bad it was. His pick was also atrocious.

To top it off he’s supposed to be “the most mobile” and “have the greatest ability to extend plays” of any of the qbs, yet he was the only one that tripped over himself and fell down on his PA rollout. Rosier was inconsistent yes, but he threw a good ball and was able to make plays. Martell couldn’t do either today.

U call this pick "atrocious"? Watch the receiver get jammed at the top of his route as the ball was already released. Cant blame Tate for trusting his receiver to be where he's suppose to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They all been in this offense the same amount of time.
Yes but they haven't all been with the same players and in the program and so on and so forth. Martell isn't better then Williams regardless but most realized this . People who thought this kid was some star right now weren't basing this on anything but delusion and that is on them. Martell will be the back up this year after Williams win the competition and Perry transfers . That is how I have always seen it . That is fine . We needed depth at QB and now we have it .

Okay, so he had a rough day. In what world does that mean we can assess his ability vs. a player we watched for multiple years? Sample size is too small.

Listen, I don’t care one way or the other. If he sits the bench, fine. If he starts, fine. But this idea that we’re going to trash kids for one performance is embarrassing.
Great post. The fact that there is a human being on earth that thought this was a good idea for a thread ( or at logical ) shows just how bad the level of intelligence has gotten UNLESS the OP was making this to make fun of the morons we have on this board as this is a classic Miami fan type thread. Yes lets write off a kid after seeing him 1 time - seems logical .

They all been in this offense the same amount of time.
So in your logic having chemistry with your teammates does not translate to production on field? QB and WR trust is not a thing? The type of trust and timing where u know a reciever is going to be at the spot u throw it on any particular route.

U were one of those guys who didnt have an opinion beforw but now all the sudden u have one. I thought u wanted the best QB to win and let it play out?

If all the QB's are learning a new playbook given equal opportunity. What does being on campus for 2 years have anything to do with production. Doesnt make any sense at all.

They basically started fresh from scratch with enos just getting on campus. Now if Richt was still the coordinator then I'd completely agree, but thats not the case.

Really? Two years of timing with wide receivers. Tate’s already played in a real college game and opened with ten straight completions going 13/14 with WR’s he knew

Advertisement
He has room for improvement. The other QBs have been here a two years. Tate has been here a total of 4 months. Once he gets comfortable it will all work out. U can tell that confidence isn't as high with a new environment.

Also, how many zone read/RPO's did u see today? Enos hasn't opened up the playbook yet. If u think we are going to be able to take 5 step drops and allow plays to develop down the field consistently, u are sadly mistaken. Our oline is not built for that.

EDIT: it's funny how all the "I don't have an opinion, I just want the best QB to win" guys now suddenly have an opinion.

If they can do it against our own defense...

Yes but they haven't all been with the same players and in the program and so on and so forth. Martell isn't better then Williams regardless but most realized this . People who thought this kid was some star right now weren't basing this on anything but delusion and that is on them. Martell will be the back up this year after Williams win the competition and Perry transfers . That is how I have always seen it . That is fine . We needed depth at QB and now we have it .
Perry better than martell

Advertisement
So in your logic having chemistry with your teammates does not translate to production on field? QB and WR trust is not a thing? The type of trust and timing where u know a reciever is going to be at the spot u throw it on any particular route.

U were one of those guys who didnt have an opinion beforw but now all the sudden u have one. I thought u wanted the best QB to win and let it play out?
But you guys said that the QBs from last year were both bad and Tate would come in and be the next QB to bring us back. So it shouldn’t matter if they were here, bad is bad.

Have u ever moved out of state into

U call this pick "atrocious"? Watch the receiver get jammed at the top of his route as the ball was already released. Cant blame Tate for trusting his receiver to be where he's suppose to.

Yes atrocious, that’s a horrible angle, and was not even the receiver he was aiming for. Stop drawing conclusions from bad clips and then tellin me what I didn’t see when I was the one there.

Attachments

• 1BEAA0E6-80F8-4545-A52A-52CBE5753D3A.jpeg
    1BEAA0E6-80F8-4545-A52A-52CBE5753D3A.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 93
  • 9EA2CEFB-C644-4E32-998C-D160899C928D.jpeg
    9EA2CEFB-C644-4E32-998C-D160899C928D.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 91

He had the same issues at osu so what's the excuse for that?

Advertisement
Really? Two years of timing with wide receivers. Tate’s already played in a real college game and opened with ten straight completions going 13/14 with WR’s he knew

You joking right?

Payton and Kj osborn just got here main receivers catching the ball today they had 4 months here too. Whats the excuse now?

But you guys said that the QBs from last year were both bad and Tate would come in and be the next QB to bring us back. So it shouldn’t matter if they were here, bad is bad.

But u guys didnt have an opinion before and wanted to "let it play out". Well it hasn't played out and u are already saying a QB is out of the race. I didnt know Manny named a starter after this scrimmage. I must have missed that.

Show me film where they did it against our starting defense.

I don't watch practice. If Enos practices it, and they can do it against our own defense, then why tf would we doubt that we can do it against someone else? Can't just instantly assume the OL is trash and we need someone who can scramble back there. If the QBs didn't have time to throw the whole scrimmage then according to your logic Tate should've shined.

Advertisement
Back