M. Rosier > T. Martell

Advertisement
Gotta love our “fans”. Obviously, Tate is struggling but I find it super weird how some of you seem to be enjoying it.

I like what I’ve seen from Jarren so far but we will need improved play overall from the position come fall. Which I expect to happen the more they work with Enos and learn the system.
Agree with this

He has room for improvement. The other QBs have been here a two years. Tate has been here a total of 4 months. Once he gets comfortable it will all work out. U can tell that confidence isn't as high with a new environment.

Also, how many zone read/RPO's did u see today? Enos hasn't opened up the playbook yet. If u think we are going to be able to take 5 step drops and allow plays to develop down the field consistently, u are sadly mistaken. Our oline is not built for that.
After watching Tate today I don't think he has a chance to start August 24th for us. His arm is too inconsistent to truly compete for the starting spot against Kosi and Jarren. Tate was missing quick slants, dump off passes, and a deep seam route. His best play of the day was him evading pressure for a 8 yard scramble.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After watching Tate today I don't think he has a chance to start August 24th for us. His arm is too inconsistent to truly compete for the starting spot against Kosi and Jarren. Tate was missing quick slants, dump off passes, and a deep seam route. His best play of the day was him evading pressure for a 8 yard scramble.

U can have the best arm in the world but if u dont have time to throw the ball will never come out. The 1st team defense got to the QB whenever they wanted. The only difference is Tate was able to make a play out of it.

In all seriousness after that scrimmage I agree with that statement. Martell was notably bad. I’ve seen ducks clipped by a 24 gauge fly better than some of his throws today. There was one thrown in particular that everybody at the scrimmage isn’t going to forget, where the whole stadium audibly and visibily cringed at how bad it was. His pick was also atrocious.

To top it off he’s supposed to be “the most mobile” and “have the greatest ability to extend plays” of any of the qbs, yet he was the only one that tripped over himself and fell down on his PA rollout. Rosier was inconsistent yes, but he threw a good ball and was able to make plays. Martell couldn’t do either today.

Advertisement
They're all learning a new playbook but two of them have been around the program for 2 years. I still think Tate wins the job.

If all the QB's are learning a new playbook given equal opportunity. What does being on campus for 2 years have anything to do with production. Doesnt make any sense at all.

They basically started fresh from scratch with enos just getting on campus. Now if Richt was still the coordinator then I'd completely agree, but thats not the case.

In all seriousness after that scrimmage I agree with that statement. Martell was notably bad. I’ve seen ducks clipped by a 24 gauge fly better than some of his throws today. There was one thrown in particular that everybody at the scrimmage isn’t going to forget, where the whole stadium audibly and visibily cringed at how bad it was. His pick was also atrocious.

To top it off he’s supposed to be “the most mobile” and “have the greatest ability to extend plays” of any of the qbs, yet he was the only one that tripped over himself and fell down on his PA rollout. Rosier was inconsistent yes, but he threw a good ball and was able to make plays. Martell couldn’t do either today.
You watched Rosier for 2 years; you’ve watched Martel for one Spring scrimmage. This is why this thread is so ******* stupid.

Advertisement
He has room for improvement. The other QBs have been here a two years. Tate has been here a total of 4 months. Once he gets comfortable it will all work out. U can tell that confidence isn't as high with a new environment.

Also, how many zone read/RPO's did u see today? Enos hasn't opened up the playbook yet. If u think we are going to be able to take 5 step drops and allow plays to develop down the field consistently, u are sadly mistaken. Our oline is not built for that.

EDIT: it's funny how all the "I don't have an opinion, I just want the best QB to win" guys now suddenly have an opinion.
They all been in this offense the same amount of time.

Could there be a stupider thread than this? Yes lets a judge a kid who has been the program for all of 1 month or so. Seems smart and level headed SMH. Most realized he wasn't being brought in to start but to provide competition. Williams has , and always will be the QB of the future ( now the present ) . That's why what Richt did with him last year was a such a joke .

Advertisement
Back