Lulz at UCONN

Advertisement
How can a school seriously consider him? Granted he wasn't a complete disaster, but what's the compelling motivation to even consider him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a good fit in that area and for a school with the level of expectations that UCONN would have. If would be good for both sides and might help him revive his career.

Unfortunately, if he does well, he'll likely want to step up again. He needs to realize that his ceiling is the MAC/AAC/WAC/Sunbelt type schools.

Advertisement
Al has lead the Detroit Lions to first place in the NFC North. He would kill it in Storrs, CT.

Car salesman of the year, he would fit right in.

al golden.jpg

Are we still paying this joke ? If so, does our end go down if he gets another HC gig ? We sure could use some bag money.

Advertisement

I don't think Golden is a serious candidate for him.
Their offenses have been putrid under Pasqualoni and Diaco.
They may be looking for an offensive-minded coach.

I'm guessing the front-runner for this gig Joe Moorhead, who is currently the PennState OC but worked their as
an OC under Edsall.
Although I suspect Moorhead may consider staying put for a better gig down the line.
They should consider KC Keeler (Sam Houston State) or some of the good coaches in the Colonial
Athletic association, especially the James Madison, New Hampshire,etc coaches.

I would consider it if I was Golden, I would apply under teacher (because we know he can't coach) for one of those big HUD Owner Occupant Homes the foreclosed ones that you get for half off. He could live in it for 3 years. Then quit or get firec and sell it for full appraised value. Maybe he wife is talking to him about stealing more college money.

Have to wonder if Matt Canada wouldn't have been their top target for this job.

Likely too late, now.

Also have to wonder how serious UConn is about competing if they really waited this long to fire him because they wanted to save $1.6 million on his buyout.

Advertisement
How can a school seriously consider him? Granted he wasn't a complete disaster, but what's the compelling motivation to even consider him??

they are UConn, golden was fine at a mac school. knows how to recruit northeast also. and its not like UConn expects to compete for national titles. they just want to make bowl games , golden was a horrid fit at Miami for multiple reasons but for UConn a school that was in fcs just a few years ago its not like top candidates are knocking down there door

Advertisement
No joke, this clown's best possible work environment (within organized football) is probably a hoops school in the northeast. Maybe Villanova if he misses out on this opening.

Golden had the nerve to **** on our heads and tell us it was raining. Still can't decide if I dislike him or Shannon more. Thank God for Richt.

Al wasn't a complete disaster? How much more of a disaster could he have possibly been? The only thing I can think of that he did right was to avoid being caught with a collection of dead hookers.

they are UConn, golden was fine at a mac school. knows how to recruit northeast also. and its not like UConn expects to compete for national titles. they just want to make bowl games , golden was a horrid fit at Miami for multiple reasons but for UConn a school that was in fcs just a few years ago its not like top candidates are knocking down there door
Not true, they tried hard to get into the acc and brought in a ad from auburn

Advertisement
Back