Lulz at UCONN

Golden had the nerve to **** on our heads and tell us it was raining. Still can't decide if I dislike him or Shannon more. Thank God for Richt.

Al is much worse than Randy. Randy was clearly in way over his head, but he wasn't a carpet bagging fraud.

Advertisement
He'd actually be a decent fit there. He can recruit coal shoveling NJ kids, run an average program with low expectations, and stay there for a long time.

Al Golden's whole underdog football philosophy would actually work well at UCONN. The whole reason he bombed at Miami was because he coached Miami the same way you would coach Temple. Try to keep the score close, settle for field goals in the redzone instead of risking a turnover. Play conservative on defense and try not to give up any big plays. Concern yourself with time of possession, keep the ball away from your opponent at all costs, don't give them too many chances against your defense. This is all crap you do when you coach at some devoid of talent, northern, basketball school.

Advertisement
Al Golden's whole underdog football philosophy would actually work well at UCONN. The whole reason he bombed at Miami was because he coached Miami the same way you would coach Temple. Try to keep the score close, settle for field goals in the redzone instead of risking a turnover. Play conservative on defense and try not to give up any big plays. Concern yourself with time of possession, keep the ball away from your opponent at all costs, don't give them too many chances against your defense. This is all crap you do when you coach at some devoid of talent, northern, basketball school.

That's not the whole reason why he bombed at Miami.

He bombed because he's a ****** football coach.

Pretty much.

Golden is the **** that won't flush.

Advertisement
Golden is like a Kiffen. There is always a sucker out there to buy their bull****.

Last edited:
Al Golden made in excess of $10 million from the Nevin Shapiro Ponzi scheme. The victims of the scheme should be able to claw back from Golden.

How can a school seriously consider him? Granted he wasn't a complete disaster, but what's the compelling motivation to even consider him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he did turn around another horrible program in Temple, and while not a great coach, he does have NCAA and NFL experience. UCONN is a terrible program, so if they can get a guy with a recognizable name and be a .500 team, it's not the worst thing.

I don't think Golden is a serious candidate for him.
Their offenses have been putrid under Pasqualoni and Diaco.
They may be looking for an offensive-minded coach.

I'm guessing the front-runner for this gig Joe Moorhead, who is currently the PennState OC but worked their as
an OC under Edsall.
Although I suspect Moorhead may consider staying put for a better gig down the line.
They should consider KC Keeler (Sam Houston State) or some of the good coaches in the Colonial
Athletic association, especially the James Madison, New Hampshire,etc coaches.

Seemed like he was but already said no. As you mentioned, i'm guessing he chose to stay in Penn State to get more experience and visibility in order to be a candidate down the line for better positions.

Advertisement
Not going to happen. It would cancel his buyout with us which I'm sure is more then they would pay him. He is a greedy ************

Advertisement
How can a school seriously consider him? Granted he wasn't a complete disaster, but what's the compelling motivation to even consider him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a complete disaster? have you been in a coma for the past 4-5 years?

Advertisement
Back