Luke Nickel is the real deal

Advertisement
Going through and updating the Lousville game day visitors. I see that DL Jordan Merriweather (70) visited. Anyone noticed him in last nights game? I only started watching in the 4th Q. 15 was the one that I noticed was a handful late in the game but the whole DL was getting great pressure in the 4th.
I didn’t but was admittedly not paying attention to him. As such, he did not jump off the screen.

I did notice the same thing last night as at the game i attended earlier this year, Ryan Ghea is a complete non-factor. I am clueless as to what makes someone a 4 star because there were 3 stars all over the field last night who were 100x as impactful as Ghea, including Milton’s “3 star” QB. Milton rarely throws to him in a throwing offense, and he was beaten like a drum on the edge by Walton’s D-end.

For those who watched the game on TV, was it just me or did the announcers seem to favor Walton all game. We heard so much about how good Walton has been all season, and about their QB , and even at the end it was all about Walton’s turnovers and mistakes. It was almost as though they were expecting to tell the story of the undefeated Walton team winning the championship and did not have a back up story prepared about what was clearly the better team last night.

One last thing. The difference in arm talent between the Wake Forest commit QB at Walton and the UM commit at Milton was dramatic. The Walton QB made some nice throws but he also made some very poor throws and he throws from a low arm angle.

This is the qb that’s wins the natty with miami, he will be driving a fully talented ready to go monster.
That's gonna depend on a lot of the intangibles to me: his work ethic, his approach to film study, adoption of leadership in the locker room, and quite simply that burning desire to be great. Otherwise kid has all the tools to be a big time college qb.

For those who watched the game on TV, was it jsut me or did the announcers seem to favor Walton all game. We heard so much about how good Walton has been all season, and about their QB coming, and even at the end it was all about Walton’s turnovers and mistakes. It was almost as though they were expecting to tell the story of the undefeated Walton team winning the championship and did not have a back up story prepared about what was clearly the better team last night.

One last thing. The difference in arm talent between the Wake Forest commit QB at Walton and the UM commit at Milton was dramatic. The Walton QB made some nice throws but he also made some very poor throws and he throws from a low arm angle.
That Walton QB took one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen a HS QB take. I have no doubt that he was concussed after that hit, he definitely played a little skittish following that hit, kid had 3 picks all year leading into that game and had 3 last night. I was frankly surprised that he wasn't at least checked in the tent.

Advertisement
For those who watched the game on TV, was it jsut me or did the announcers seem to favor Walton all game. We heard so much about how good Walton has been all season, and about their QB coming, and even at the end it was all about Walton’s turnovers and mistakes. It was almost as though they were expecting to tell the story of the undefeated Walton team winning the championship and did not have a back up story prepared about what was clearly the better team last night.

Definite difference in arm talent & can’t see him as the future at Wake. More telling was the demeanor of the two QBs. One was confident & in control, even in the face of adversity. The other gave off negative vibes & showed limited ability to move in the pocket or escape pressure. Not to mention questionable mechanics.

Advertisement
That Walton QB took one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen a HS QB take. I have no doubt that he was concussed after that hit, he definitely played a little skittish following that hit, kid had 3 picks all year leading into that game and had 3 last night. I was frankly surprised that he wasn't at least checked in the tent.
I agree. But right after the hit the TV people decided that was a good time to run the feel good story about how he surprised his moon at age 8 when nothing flustered him in the game of football. They should have been checking him out to make sure he was OK rather than caring about how he played when he was 8.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back