Luke Nickel is the real deal

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
I just returned from the Milton v. Roswell game and we have a really, really good QB commit in Nickel. He has talent around him at RB and WR but throw after throw was a dart. He went off his first read frequently, but once he decides, the ball is out quickly with a compact delivery and on the receiver In a heartbeat. He can run when he has to but it’s his decision making and accuracy that really jump out when watching him play. He was fun to watch. And this was against a highly ranked Roswell team which is top 10 in the 6A class.

He’s probably only 6’1-6’2 which is probably what is holding him back from being a 5 star., so UGA may never recruit him aggressively, but that will be their mistake. After it was obvious he was good, I decided to watch him on the sidelines and interacting with others and he was the clear leader. IMO, Jacurri/Emory are both leaders and Nickel is a leader. I don’t know enough about Judd.

Bottom line is, to quote Coach Dawson, ”he’s made to play quarterback”.

By the way, their TE #87, if that is the recruit, was invisible except for the play I watched when DE went under and past him for a tackle in the backfield. Not a single pass thrown to him, so may be that is not Ghea, or at least I hope it was not.

Advertisement
87 is Ghea. Seems like he didn't do a ton against Machos group either. I think we can do better.

Nickel does throw dimes from what I've seen. Hope we hold on there, he seems like he is due for a big bump. I was curious how well he could run. If he can give the occasional 10 yard scramble ala young Aaron Rodgers that would be ideal

6’1-6’2 is perfect for a 15/16 year old QB. I doubt that would be the reason UGA isn’t recruiting him (if they really aren’t) when they played a 5’11 QB for 2 seasons.
Then UGA must already have a target in his class. The state of Georgia can easily produce 2 great QB’s in the same year.
Trevor Lawrence and Juston Fields were the same year. UGA went after Fields and Clemson went after Lawrence.
Because the talent is obvious when you see this young man play.

Advertisement
87 is Ghea. Seems like he didn't do a ton against Machos group either. I think we can do better.

Nickel does throw dimes from what I've seen. Hope we hold on there, he seems like he is due for a big bump. I was curious how well he could run. If he can give the occasional 10 yard scramble ala young Aaron Rodgers that would be ideal
He can give you (1-2) of those important runs that keep drives going; 6-8 yards. He ran a few options and kept the ball so he isn’t afraid to run inside. But I don’t see designed runs in his future in college. But he’s not a statue, definitely more mobile than TVD, Garcia and Emory.

Then UGA must already have a target in his class. The state of Georgia can easily produce 2 great QB’s in the same year.
Trevor Lawrence and Juston Fields were the same year. UGA went after Fields and Clemson went after Lawrence.
I think they are after Ryan Montgomery from Ohio at this moment. At one point, Gaby said he was our top target but then we took Nickel so who knows. Love Nickel's game from the little I've seen

They landed Raiola this year. Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt pursue a top notch QB in '25. They seem to be doing every other year now.

I just returned from the Milton v. Roswell game and we have a really, really good QB commit in Nickel. He has talent around him at RB and WR but throw after throw was a dart. He went off his first read frequently, but once he decides, the ball is out quickly with a compact delivery and on the receiver In a heartbeat. He can run when he has to but it’s his decision making and accuracy that really jump out when watching him play. He was fun to watch. And this was against a highly ranked Roswell team which is top 10 in the 6A class.

He’s probably only 6’1-6’2 which is probably what is holding him back from being a 5 star., so UGA may never recruit him aggressively, but that will be their mistake. After it was obvious he was good, I decided to watch him on the sidelines and interacting with others and he was the clear leader. IMO, Jacurri/Emory are both leaders and Nickel is a leader. I don’t know enough about Judd.

By the way, their TE #87, if that is the recruit, was invisible except for the play I watched when DE went under and past him for a tackle in the backfield. Not a single pass thrown to him, so may be that is not Ghea, or at least I hope it was not.
Looking at their schedule the Lambert game to end the season should be a good one too. I might make the trek north for that one.

I know Milton’s baseball program isn’t as good as previous seasons. Do you know if he plays baseball? Those Cobb County/North Fulton kids are a different breed.

Advertisement
Looking at their schedule the Lambert game to end the season should be a good one too. I might make the trek north for that one.

I know Milton’s baseball program isn’t as good as previous seasons. Do you know if he plays baseball? Those Cobb County/North Fulton kids are a different breed.
I don’t know about baseball..I actually live closer to Roswell where the game was played. I only know where the young man goes to school and that he is a UM commit.

Advertisement
The young man just has to wear uniform #5 doesn't he?

Ray Ray... balls in your court to make the man feel welcome.

You're right. He was absolute money last night against a very good Roswell team. For them (him) to put up 33 on Roswell was quite frankly Luke carrying. He has a great future ahead of him and Kirby needs to stay far away from Milton.

Advertisement

Would be great if Lambert is as good as their record indicates now. If both teams are healthy that late in the season, I'm taking Milton.

Would be great if Lambert is as good as their record indicates now. If both teams are healthy that late in the season, I'm taking Milton.
That would be a great game to see.
I liked Nickel’s demeanor on the sideline and interacting with his teammates as well.
The Milton coaches also did a good job of identifying the weak links in the Roswell defense and then exploiting the advantage. But it all only looks good because Nickel put his a throws in the perfect spot time and time again. On the hands or in the chest. The only bad throw was an under throw on a deep pass.
I hope Kirby can’t find Milton on a map.

Advertisement
Back