LSU vs Miami

Advertisement
I'm not claiming LSUs defense to be great.

It's only stupid because a lot of teams were better defensively and it hurts your argument
No it’s not, LSU averaged defending 64 plays a game, Miami averaged defending 77 plays a game so of course Miami would give up 20 or 30 more yards, it’s not rocket science

Teams with top 10 Total defense.... Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State
That's why it matters. You can cherry pick fumbles and picks all day, congrats, Miami is Wyoming.

Opponent yards per play
Opponent points per play

Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Georgia were all top 10 in those stats. Miami was #9 and #12, respectively. LSU was #26 in both categories.

Advertisement
I dont need you to break ****t down far me, trust me i understand and have no idea what this offense is going to be like and neither do you guys. Miami fans (Most) just automattically chalk us up as a ****** offense and team in general. In your fan bases eyes we only have 2-3 players that are worth a damnn and we cant hang with your team. Like some of your fans have stated, if you think it is going to be a cakewalk you are wrong. And who knows it is football Miami may come out and play and LSU suck and get blown out but the vise versa CAN happen.

If you look at the depth chart that was posted you will see we have big physical lineman and players everywhere just like your team. Richt even said it in his presser, the defense is big and physical, the lines are big and physical, they do have backs that can cause mismatches and be a problem if they arent accounted for, and there is talent at wide receiver. the good news for yall is at least your coach has eyes and isnt taking it lightly
Wow. Never thought an opposing coach would stoop so low as to praise another team. They usually say stuff like "they are trash! They are beneath us! Embarrassed to play them scrubs!" ****, we toast.

Advertisement
No one was replacing JT Barrett at osu.
He was the #2 until he was injured and it gave Haskins the opportunity to work.
Haskins is going to be very good.

Assuming he can't play because he got beat out by an established QB...now pro and a future pro is just a little funny.
Burrow success will ultimately depend on LSUs line.
I didn’t assume he can’t play. I didn’t even assume he was the third best qb, for the third straight year, on the osu roster (no need to assume something that Urbs already confirmed).

I was simply responding to the other swamp kitty who said if Burrow has a good year he’ll get drafted. No &hit. If Tina had balls she’d be Tony. But no ones looked under that skirt yet, so we can’t be sure.

You lost me at Ohio has weak competition.
Cincinatti, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Dayton. Akron. Canton

Ohio is a top 10 HS football state. Florida has twice the population so it's naturally going to be a great football state...cali, texas, georgia...all large populations and all great football pipelines. High School football is high school football. There just seems to be a massive underestimation on the QB around here.

I agree about first starts rarely being great for QBs. Most guys get the benefit of playing a couple bums before games of sundays magnitude.
If LSUs line can protect Burrow, Miami will be in trouble. If the flood gates open, it'll be a long night in Texas.

Side note: That defense wasnt so hot in the biggest games of the season last year
Ohio don't have the numbers, but they indeed have great football. I agree on that point. But hold up on that big game stuff. VT was a big game, defensive win. Notre Dame was a big game, super big defensive win, they were #3 at the time. Pitt we **** the bed, Clemson 38 points is the one that sticks out. Do you realize that they had 77 yds rushing on over 40 attempts? 1.9 ypc? Their QB had a career day, but still just 254 yds. Miami held clemson to 100 yds below their average total offense. I would have took that before the game started. Offense was wounded, mistakes, blah blah. Wisconsin game was more of the same offensively, but the only team to hold them to less points all year was O$U! So my defense wasn't the problem.

I could cherry pick stats too.
You guys seem upset

Here's some stats for you

LSU played 811 defensive snaps last season and gave up 5.07 yds per play in 13 games

Miami played 989 defensive snaps and gave up 4.77 yds per play in 13 games.

It is likely Miami played more snaps because we play in a league with more spread offenses that play with tempo unlike the trudging run heavy, clock burning, or outright garbage offenses of the SEC.

Here's some stats for you

LSU played 811 defensive snaps last season and gave up 5.07 yds per play in 13 games

Miami played 989 defensive snaps and gave up 4.77 yds per play in 13 games.

It is likely Miami played more snaps because we play in a league with more spread offenses that play with tempo unlike the trudging run heavy, clock burning, or outright garbage offenses of the SEC.

What about Wyoming? Can we compare Wyoming and Miami?

Advertisement
What about Wyoming? Can we compare Wyoming and Miami?

If we can compare LSU to Troy. Actually we’re gonna do that anyways, like they did on the field.

Miami’s offense will be undoubtedly better. Even if Malik is still the same Malik, everything around him is better (minus ? At TE). No one here claims he is all world or a potential nfl qb, but despite what he is, he’s still a preseason Manning watchlist qb. It ultimately means nothing aside from writers think he’s a preseason top 30 qb. LSUs defense will be as good, maybe better (some professional analysts say they take a step back). MOST LIKELY, LSU defense is not holding Miami to 2 scores or less like you all think. A worse Miami offense played defenses better than LSU last year (reference Brock’s post above) and score just fine.

Miami’s defense will be as last year. LSUs offense will likely be worse than last year (if you look at KNOWN, proven players, not hypothetical guesses).

Add it all up and the likely outcome is a Miami W. Book it.

Advertisement
I could cherry pick stats too.
You guys seem upset
Yea no ones really cherry picking ... you guys lost to notre dame and Troy that happened homeboy ... and don’t get butthurt on another teams board ... it’s like getting mad for getting pink eye after tongue punching a ligers box

If Rosier was a stud qb he would have left after his junior year for the nfl. Right now he’s projected as a late round or free agent at best. IF Burrow has a good year there’s a chance he won’t be here his senior year. That’s a big if. I’m excited to see him play Sunday.
Lol 13 games max and he would be NFL ready😅😅😅🤔

Advertisement
Back