LSU Star CB “Greedy Williams”

I know we have our concerns but I just don't see how a team that loses to Troy and ND beat us. I really think we dominate them.

Advertisement
I know we have our concerns but I just don't see how a team that loses to Troy and ND beat us. I really think we dominate them.

I hear you, but for the sake of argument........I don't know how a team that lost to Syracuse beats us. Clemson anyone?

I hear you, but for the sake of argument........I don't know how a team that lost to Syracuse beats us. Clemson anyone?

I can respect that but we were missing 3 NFL draft picks from the offense vs Clemson...I think that had moreso to do with it..combined with 10-11 str8 weeks without a bye and Clemson just being better of course

Two things you can count on when it comes to LSU over the past 2-3 years..

Their D coming to play for 4 quarters and giving their O every chance to win a low scoring, tight game.

Their O NOT coming to play for 4 quarters and losing it for them in the end.

Good news for us is that they have a history under Coach O of starting out the season slow and not playing well early in the season when they have to play a decent-good opponent too early.. They got embarrassed by Miss St (37-7) the 3rd game of the year last year and they lost to Wisconsin and Auburn in Game 2 and Game 4 in 2016.

Well, we do well in tight low scoring games too so it plays into our hands nicely.

I can respect that but we were missing 3 NFL draft picks from the offense vs Clemson...I think that had moreso to do with it..combined with 10-11 str8 weeks without a bye and Clemson just being better of course

We were down two players, I don't count Richards as he was out far more than he was available last season. While it is true we were missing people, we never allowed that excuse whenever some other school we beat the breaks off of was missing a player. Shannon wasn't afforded that excuse against Maryland and we were missing far more than that.

Clemson is most certainly better, but Richt and company were outclassed by a mile in that game.

Advertisement
We were down two players, I don't count Richards as he was out far more than he was available last season. While it is true we were missing people, we never allowed that excuse whenever some other school we beat the breaks off of was missing a player. Shannon wasn't afforded that excuse against Maryland and we were missing far more than that.

Clemson is most certainly better, but Richt and company were outclassed by a mile in that game.

I counted Richards, Walton, and Herndon as the 3 NFL players.

But yeah you're right...we were thoroughly out classed and out coached

Stating the obvious but Rosier better bring it, can't depend on the running game against this team.

Stating the obvious but Rosier better bring it, can't depend on the running game against this team.
-Wisconsin had the #2 defense in the country, we ran well against them.

- Notre Dame had a top 10 rushing defense, we ran well vs them

- va tech had a top 13 defense, ran pretty well against them too.

I think We can but I agree malik is defintiely going to have to step up

-Wisconsin had the #2 defense in the country, we ran well against them.

- Notre Dame had a top 10 rushing defense, we ran well vs them

- va tech had a top 13 defense, ran pretty well against them too.

I think We can but I agree malik is defintiely going to have to step up

Notre Dame was trash defensively IMO. VA Tech was a finesse D with 195 pound LBs, even though they are obviously skilled our O-line matches better with them to me. Wisconsin might be a closer comparison but I don't think the will bring the type of athleticism that LSU brings. I'm expecting an FSU type rushing performance, struggle for the most part but get a couple of opportunities to swing the game. Unless the Oline exhibits marked improvement which I'm not expecting, at least not Game 1. The key is no/limited turnovers.

Advertisement
Notre Dame was trash defensively IMO. VA Tech was a finesse D with 195 pound LBs, even though they are obviously skilled our O-line matches better with them to me. Wisconsin might be a closer comparison but I don't think the will bring the type of athleticism that LSU brings. I'm expecting an FSU type rushing performance, struggle for the most part but get a couple of opportunities to swing the game. Unless the Oline exhibits marked improvement which I'm not expecting, at least not Game 1. The key is no/limited turnovers.
Nd defense was good at defending the run, even uga did worse running vs them compared to Miami

All these they were ranked thus and that, it's great and all. Stats are just a starting point.

I sure wouldn't take Wiscy's defense second last year.

I also wouldn't have taken our run game over Georgia's.

Whatever. Statistics are a starting point, but it doesn't take into account preparation or matchups. Preparation is by coaches and players. Matchups, same thing as coaches are also pitting their calls against each other. The team that wins is typically the team that can adjust best once the whistle blows. Then there's intangibles, players getting hot or having an off day.

Advertisement
It’s just facts, my friends.

They’ve got talent on defense. They usually rate pretty high. They put guys in the NFL. Yet for all that, they’re eminently beatable. Look at their W/L for the last 5-6 years vs who they put in the league. It doesn’t match up. They should be winning 11 games minimum.

They’re not some steel curtain juggernaut. We’ve got the horses to fūck them over. Not saying to score a ton, but there’s no need to be scared. All else being equal, we should be a 6 point favorite by game day. Let’s see if I’m right.

No disrespect intended but i'd be highly surprised if Miami closed as six point favorites on a neutral field, opening game vs LSU. Even if it were to touch six points, it wouldn't stay there for long, as money would almost assuredly come in on LSU at that number. I'll be happy if we close as three point favorites at Pinnacle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No disrespect intended but i'd be highly surprised if Miami closed as six point favorites on a neutral field, opening game vs LSU. Even if it were to touch six points, it wouldn't stay there for long, as money would almost assuredly come in on LSU at that number. I'll be happy if we close as three point favorites at Pinnacle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I’m no gambling expert, so who knows. My number is definitely up for debate. I’m just basing it on that fact that as of right now, most preseason polls have us as a top 10 to top 12 team, whereas LSU either does not make the top 25, or is barely there.

I realize Las Vegas oddsmakers don’t use polls to determine point spreads, but I’m not an oddsmaker, so I used the polls as a rough approximation and just my overall rough ballpark comparison of strength and weaknesses.

I think right now we’re -3 aren’t we?

Advertisement
LSU doesn't see how a team on a 10 game run, loses to Pitt & a freshman Qb.
*** for tat..

We have so many weapons that I'm not concerned about a few NFL guys on their defense. We are 3 deep at RB, 2 deep at TE, have a mobile QB (no matter who starts), and have one of the deepest WR rooms in the country.
And none of that means **** if our OL doesn't step up.

Advertisement
Back