LSU Star CB “Greedy Williams”

Advertisement
LSU has been putting a shlt ton of DBs, LBs, DLinemen in the league the last 5 - 6 years, yet they have been nothing but a lackluster 8-9 win team for all that talent.

Their defense is talented and good if the last season is any indication. Yes, they have had, and will have draftable talent on the defensive side of the ball in a few weeks, and it’s also talent that can clearly be beaten as their record the last few years shows. No, nobody’s going to run all over these guys, but they’ve shown they’re beatable enough.

Advertisement
We have so many weapons that I'm not concerned about a few NFL guys on their defense. We are 3 deep at RB, 2 deep at TE, have a mobile QB (no matter who starts), and have one of the deepest WR rooms in the country.

Good, I'm relieved. I thought our O-line might matter.....

He's a stud and might be the #1 CB in the 2019 draft. HOWEVER, LSU is a mess at corner. They return 3 CBs, including him, that's it (a 4th K. Fulton is suspended for cheating on a NCAA drug test).

They added a grad transfer from Stanford who is mediocre, and flipped a WR to CB. They were counting on Surtain to come in and start this year.

So yes, Williams is awesome and probably will limit Richards. But their other CBs can be had. Whether Rosier can complete the throws is obviously a question, but we'll have WRs getting open against them
LSU has Kary Vincent espn #2 corner 2017 class 5'10-182 and Kelvin Joseph 6'1-181 who was as good as any db in the nation tbh, rated #5 safety by 24/7 and Rivals and #5 corner by ESPN which is where he is penciled in on LSU official site, and where we will see him on opening night cause he's that **** good, which is why im glad Derek Stingley Jr wont be out there and is a 2019 kid cause he is the best db recruit I've ever seen, a true Can't Miss Prospect, an I thought Tyson an PS2 were the ****.

Last edited:
This is the best front 7 LSU has ever had going into a season. And greedy is baller. Don’t take this defense lightly.

2 years ago before the season people were saying their defense had 5 first round picks on it (Key, Beckwith, Adams, White, Tolliver) and they were mediocre. I'm sure they will be very talented but let's cut the bull****.

Advertisement
What do LSU fans think of Jaquan? Mike Jack? Joe Jack? Shaq and Pink? LSU has ballers, but so do we. I look forward to watching Greedy get picked in the top 10 next year and screaming at the TV "Ahmmon torched him for 2 scores like Garvin torched McGlinchey for 2 sacks and a strip!"

What do LSU fans think of Jaquan? Mike Jack? Joe Jack? Shaq and Pink? LSU has ballers, but so do we. I look forward to watching Greedy get picked in the top 10 next year and screaming at the TV "Ahmmon torched him for 2 scores like Garvin torched McGlinchey for 2 sacks and a strip!"
They think our defense lacks talent for whatever reason

LSU has Kary Vincent espn #2 corner 2017 class 5'10-182 and Kelvin Joseph 6'1-181 who was as good as any db in the nation tbh, rated #5 safety by 24/7 and Rivals and #5 corner by ESPN which is where he is penciled in on LSU official site, and where we will see him on opening night cause he's that **** good, which is why im glad Derek Stingley Jr wont be out there and is a 2019 kid cause he is the best db recruit I've ever seen, a true Can't Miss Prospect, an I thought Tyson an PS2 were the ****.

Joseph is a very good Safety, but he's not a CB. If they play him there, a guy like Thomas will embarrass him, especially in Week 1. And Vincent hasn't done anything yet, so we'll see. He couldn't beat out Kevin Toliver, who was awful and went undrafted last year. All of LSU's DBs are highly rated recruits, doesn't mean they pan out.

The truth is both teams have 1 stud then some question marks at CB, although both teams have talent. We at least have a proven baller at nickel, they don't

Advertisement
Joseph is a very good Safety, but he's not a CB. If they play him there, a guy like Thomas will embarrass him, especially in Week 1. And Vincent hasn't done anything yet, so we'll see. He couldn't beat out Kevin Toliver, who was awful and went undrafted last year. All of LSU's DBs are highly rated recruits, doesn't mean they pan out.

The truth is both teams have 1 stud then some question marks at CB, although both teams have talent. We at least have a proven baller at nickel, they don't
Valid points, but IMO he can play corner, just has to be more technical against smaller speed demon types as Gilbert Frierson will have to as well.

Burnt ****** toast. If they don't double Richards they are in big trouble.

If they double Richards and Thomas catches balls they are in big trouble.

This wr core is slept on even by our own fan base. Forgive me for being bold, but I truly believe Richards is the best wr in the ncaa and he's going to show it this year.

Advertisement
First time I've watched his highlights. Wow. He looks a player.

The way he takes away the slant at 2:10 is a thing of beauty. Breaks on the ball as well as anyone else in the nation that I've seen.

I imagine he will shadow AR82 all game. That will be fun to watch.
Who is gonna shadow JT, Pope, or Cager? I also want to know if Devin White will be able to cover our TE's. Should be fun I'm looking forward to it.

That D with Aranda is legit. They have players at all 3 levels. Nothing will be easy especially with our OL and QB situation. But luckily they have Corch O so who knows.

I’m still expecting a 14-10, 17-14 game.

Advertisement
Back