LSU spring game

Advertisement
...and I wonder what their fans are saying after our O-line gave up 57 sacks during scrimmage and spring game play.

I saw the line with us getting 2 1/2.
Whats the under??

Again, what are you talking about? They have plenty of talent on defense and on their roster. This past class was their weakness, ranked #15 in the composite. Prior to that they are loaded: #7 in 2017, #2 in 2016, #5 in 2015, #2 in 2014.

I don't care if Ed is a mediocre head coach. Bottomline is Dave Aranda is a top-shelf defensive coordinator. They will be plenty good on defense this fall. Best defense we see this fall, period.

That’s cool man, I would ask you to listen to the spring recap and that’s what everyone knew before they started, they have major issues. Yes they will field a good defense, we will do the same.

LSU is actually irrelevant for us. Like it literally doesnt matter what happens this game (except for things like injuries) as it wont determine the success or failure of our season. We could get blown out 40-0 and still win the ACC or even contend for a playoff spot. Or we could dominate 40-0 then blow it at VT, at BC, and at Virginia and lose the Coastal.

I consider this an exhibition preseason game tailor made for getting our team reps in a hostile setting.

Really interesting take. As in really interesting, but after due consideration, you didn’t think this through at all.

When you factor in things like national perception, recruiting, momentum, team confidence, and ranking, all things which can have an effect down the road on many things, including even how we play, then this is actually an important game.

With that line of thinking, it would be ok to lose every non-conference game as long as we win the Coastal and ACC.

Also really dumb because if there’s a situation where a tiebreaker ever needs to be employed, overall W-L can come into play.

Past performance does not indicate future performance, we should be them easily they lost a ton in very critical positions, have a crappy coach and has fallen off on the recruiting front the past 5 years.

The problem is, we have similar strengths and weaknesses. If they shut down our offense and we do theirs, then we may be looking at a game won via special teams and defensive scoring.

Advertisement
The problem is, we have similar strengths and weaknesses. If they shut down our offense and we do theirs, then we may be looking at a game won via special teams and defensive scoring.

On offense their wrs and rbs are unproven, **** we even return a veteran Qb that led us to 10 wins last year, they have not clue what they have there.

We need to treat them like a top 5 team. They’ve been in big games like this before and we haven’t. Also, keep in mind they probably have some studs coming in who didn’t enroll early and will see the field. Just like we do!
Lmao big games when and between the 2 teams we have actually have more players that played in big games more than LSU

Lake forgot to mention (or just assumed it was too obvious) that their biggest lack of depth is in the basic intelligence of their head corch.

Canes by double digits. The Cajun moron is immediately placed on the hot seat.....but it cools after they beat a few mighty SEC teams that are VASTLY overrated. Rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
So they have the same team as us?

DWEJgJrWsAErWAQ.jpg

Lake forgot to mention (or just assumed it was too obvious) that their biggest lack of depth is in the basic intelligence of their head corch.

Canes by double digits. The Cajun moron is immediately placed on the hot seat.....but it cools after they beat a few mighty SEC teams that are VASTLY overrated. Rinse and repeat.

Hoping you’re right.

It’ll make for a fun trip.

It HAS to be right. I'm staying in Dallas through that Tuesday. I refuse to acknowledge even the slimmest possibility of having to spend that Monday doing anything but drunk gloating and elevating expectations on the season.

That’s exactly my frame of mind. Nothing worse than a ride of shame back to a Dallas hotel and then a hungover flight home the next day with a pounding headache and nothing to show for it.

Smirking at Cajuns at DFW the next day will be so worth it.

Advertisement
We will roll out a 5th year senior at QB

OL that isn't "young" but ain't old either.

Talent at EVERY LEVEL on offense.

The defense is anchored by upperclassmen at every single level.

People saying that this game is meaningless need to post less and read more. We should win this game. Point blank period. Vegas be damned.

Advertisement
I'm not the slightest bit concerned about their offense. They're going to struggle even more than they usually do next season. Miami can't afford to turn the ball over or give up big plays in special teams. First team to 20 points wins.

If Manny is even decent we should shut them out. Their offense is a vomit puddle.

To be perfectly honest, and I’ve never been a Manny basher in the slightest, there’s always a slight nagging sense of Russian roulette with him. Once the game is settled in and it looks like the D has its rhythm I get comfortable, but they lay the occasional coverage eggs. Hope this is the year they’re consistent game to game. I realize the DB backfield is young and learning but there’s enough talent to get turnovers and improve on last year’s deficits.

So we don't have a lot of playmakers at the skill positions on offense ?

Not a lot of proven ones.

Ahmmon is awesome. Homer has been great at times and non existent at times. Dallas and Thomas showed flashes. Everyone else is mostly an unknown at this point...which sounds like the same thing for LSU.

Advertisement
Back