LSU spring game

Advertisement
We can't lose to LSU.. We just can't. That team is going 7-5 this year and their like the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC.

Their head coach is crappy and they don’t have the same talent like in the past

Again, what are you talking about? They have plenty of talent on defense and on their roster. This past class was their weakness, ranked #15 in the composite. Prior to that they are loaded: #7 in 2017, #2 in 2016, #5 in 2015, #2 in 2014.

I don't care if Ed is a mediocre head coach. Bottomline is Dave Aranda is a top-shelf defensive coordinator. They will be plenty good on defense this fall. Best defense we see this fall, period.

Nobody knows what our offensive line looks quite honestly. Going up against Jackson and Garvin and Willis is not easy for any offensive line. Garvin has the tools to be first team all-conference and Joe Jackson is a first rounder. Willis has first two-round potential if he has matured. All indications is he has. The fact that we have upperclassmen at linebacker across the board makes it very tough sledding for any offesive line running zone.

Nobody knows what our offensive line looks quite honestly. Going up against Jackson and Garvin and Willis is not easy for any offensive line. Garvin has the tools to be first team all-conference and Joe Jackson is a first rounder. Willis has first two-round potential if he has matured. All indications is he has. The fact that we have upperclassmen at linebacker across the board makes it very tough sledding for any offesive line running zone.
Hope you’re right.

Advertisement
Nobody should be taking LSU lightly. For starters, they're actually favored by 3.5 points and last I checked Vegas isn't in the business of throwing away money. It's the trenches that are a key concern. LSU will probably best resemble upfront what we saw with Wisconsin. Granted, we could have beaten Wisconsin, but we didn't. I think we have an edge with coaching and skill positions, but they have the edge upfront. Turnovers will likely dictate who wins since we appear quite evenly matched overall. I don't know much about LSU's special teams, but let's not forget we're breaking in a new kicker for his first game and our punting game is subpar. One score victory for whoever wins IMO.

Again, what are you talking about? They have plenty of talent on defense and on their roster. This past class was their weakness, ranked #15 in the composite. Prior to that they are loaded: #7 in 2017, #2 in 2016, #5 in 2015, #2 in 2014.

I don't care if Ed is a mediocre head coach. Bottomline is Dave Aranda is a top-shelf defensive coordinator. They will be plenty good on defense this fall. Best defense we see this fall, period.

Coordinators are not a panacea for a bad head coach. Hence why they still lost 4 games, and got picked apart by Ian Book. They will be worse this year. And their D won’t be close to Clemson’s.

They’ll definitely have some guys on defense and will present a significant challenge, but Miami should win by 13 to 17 points. They had six guys leave early to the draft. They lost 9 starters on O.

I predict a low scoring first half but our skill guys will be too much for them in the second half. We will get some TDs on long Homer runs and big YAC plays. Their O won’t be able to keep up.

We need to treat them like a top 5 team. They’ve been in big games like this before and we haven’t. Also, keep in mind they probably have some studs coming in who didn’t enroll early and will see the field. Just like we do!

This is just a ridiculous post.

Advertisement
This game will say alot more about our staff than players. We have an experienced QB and an offensive minded HC. We have talent. It's young but we definitely are talented. LSU is going to be tough in the trenches. They always are.. Can CMR and co put together a solid game plan with the limitations our team has?? They've been working under these 'limitations' for a year now so it's nothing new.

Advertisement
Coordinators are not a panacea for a bad head coach. Hence why they still lost 4 games, and got picked apart by Ian Book. They will be worse this year. And their D won’t be close to Clemson’s.

They’ll definitely have some guys on defense and will present a significant challenge, but Miami should win by 13 to 17 points. They had six guys leave early to the draft. They lost 9 starters on O.

I predict a low scoring first half but our skill guys will be too much for them in the second half. We will get some TDs on long Homer runs and big YAC plays. Their O won’t be able to keep up.

Of course, I hope you’re right but opening games and early season games are notorious for teams starting slowly offensively. Sometimes it takes a game or two.

And as I mentioned previously, this is pretty much a home game for LSU, and Vegas has them as 3 point favorites. As others have posted, if you look at their last four recruiting classes, they’re either as good as, or exceed ours.

Additionally, even with the loss of some seniors, they still return a top defense coached by one of the best defensive coordinators in the nation, the guy that Rick was going to hire.

Saying we should easily beat them, a 17 point win, is underestimating them. This is their opener, too. We’re not getting a Troy effort from them. I think we win, I hope we stomp them, but the actual facts I’ve stated is why Vegas has them favored.

They’re not Vanderbilt. They’ve got players. Even with their idiot head coach.

LSU is actually irrelevant for us. Like it literally doesnt matter what happens this game (except for things like injuries) as it wont determine the success or failure of our season. We could get blown out 40-0 and still win the ACC or even contend for a playoff spot. Or we could dominate 40-0 then blow it at VT, at BC, and at Virginia and lose the Coastal.

I consider this an exhibition preseason game tailor made for getting our team reps in a hostile setting.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...ck-Takeaways-From-LSUs-Spring-Game-117567013/

Interesting take from Lake.

QB up for grabs - sound familiar?
Not a lot of depth or playmakers at the skill positions on offense.
Very good starting 7 on D but not much depth.
1st team Dline could be a problem.
They receuit like us now and lose the big timers to bama and uga's of the world. Thats why there depth is trash.....i watched them play and it was like us.....u see the players on O but the play calling isnt so great. Its going to be close they got some good talent espcially on DL

Advertisement
This game will say alot more about our staff than players. We have an experienced QB and an offensive minded HC. We have talent. It's young but we definitely are talented. LSU is going to be tough in the trenches. They always are.. Can CMR and co put together a solid game plan with the limitations our team has?? They've been working under these 'limitations' for a year now so it's nothing new.

Exactly! Offense needs to step up!

They receuit like us now and lose the big timers to bama and uga's of the world. Thats why there depth is trash.....i watched them play and it was like us.....u see the players on O but the play calling isnt so great. Its going to be close they got some good talent espcially on DL

We didnt lose any big timers to Bama and UGA. Have no clue what you're talking about. Frierson and Ivey and Hall are on the CANES, not those other trash programs.

I literally do not get the UGA worship around here. Smart is ONE game better than Richt so far. And you have Cane cucks on here sucking them off ffs. Pathetic.

Advertisement
Back