LSU New Locker Rooms

LSU offers their players 4 things:
  1. Big heavy bags
  2. The opportunity to play for a perennial top P5 program
  3. The opportunity to play in the SEC West (makes me vomit to say that...)
  4. And the high rate of getting players into the league
That's it. Baton Rouge is a septic tank, and the academics at LSU are sh*t. And they don't offer the intangibles like strong, tight-knit football family alumni. So splashy sh*t like a $15 million locker room (i'm just wildly guessing at the cost) is essential for them.

All that said, do we need to beautify our locker room - sure! But we don't need to go crazy with it like they've done simply because we've got other attractive selling points. We won't be able to match them with #1 and #3 above, but if we can turn the corner hopefully under Manny soon, we'll have #2 and #4 above.

And in addition, we bring to the table (which LSU can't touch):
  1. Amazing campus. I honestly can't think of more than 5 campuses nationwide that can compete with UM's campus setting.
  2. World-class city. Friday night during the off season, Miami or Baton Rouge?
  3. Tight-knit football alumni
  4. Strong academics and a nationally-respected degree
So yeah, upgrade the locker room a bit, but put the rest of that money to much better use.
Out of your 4 LSU can't touch - don't know that they matter much.

Advertisement
100% I agree with your point entirely.

When it comes to Miami we would be fools to drop tons of money on things like this when we could be spending money on analysts/coaches.

I was just arguing with the other guy who was basically saying its irrelevant and LSU is just a waste of money.

For us to do it, it would be foolish, but for a team like LSU or Bama who are already spending enough money on the other things and just have money for football laying around. This is a good investment.

Yea man...with us, it’s got to be about the quality of our coaches and assistants and their results. Our facilities are almost there. When the dorms are finished, they’re going to make a splash as well. As long as we are reasonable and keep keep up the facilities we’re good, but we are never going to be the sleep pods, track lighting, waterslides, disco ball type of program. Ever.

Yea man...with us, it’s got to be about the quality of our coaches and assistants and their results. Our facilities are almost there. When the dorms are finished, they’re going to make a splash as well. As long as we are reasonable and keep keep up the facilities we’re good, but we are never going to be the sleep pods, track lighting, waterslides, disco ball type of program. Ever.

Agreed 100%. For the teams that have the means, it is fine. However, as you said earlier, it would be foolish to waste money on that when you can spend it on other things more important, such as analysts.

my company is the one that did all of the tile work in this monstrosity.

They spent a ton of money on it.The tile in the mens shower area is a tiger stripe mural that cost 25,000. for that one wall.

Yea it's nice but it also is a lot of over-priced sht in there too.

the prehistoric ***** on this board wont like this but something like this is what recruits literally salivate over
Nah. It's a great concept
But plenty of universities (not us)have dedicated sleep rooms. Ideally that's what they should have done here. To make this your locker room is simply horrible foresight. It's not functional from so many different perspectives & ANYONE who's ever played football period let alone a grown man's version of football knows how funky locker rooms are. Who in their right mind wants to sleep in that funk... sure the **** not me. Conceptually it's nice but that's where it ends is as a concept.

Advertisement
But plenty of universities (not us)have dedicated sleep rooms. Ideally that's what they should have done here. To make this your locker room is simply horrible foresight. It's not functional from so many different perspectives & ANYONE who's ever played football period let alone a grown man's version of football knows how funky locker rooms are. Who in their right mind wants to sleep in that funk... sure the **** not me. Conceptually it's nice but that's where it ends is as a concept.

when you walk into this place you feel like you fell into a bottle of grape juice.EVERYTHING in this place is purple.

the **** of it is that yes they spent 28 million on this but they also spent close to 40 million to re-do a couple of the old dormitory buildings next to the stadium to house the players and they spent 3-4 million dollars to set up temporary facilities while they waited 8 months for this.

overall this project cost somewhere in the 70-75 million dollar range while the school is cutting back teachers and laying off personnel.

They spent a ton of money on some fancy tile for Coach O's restroom in his office.Took us 16 weeks to get it from Italy.Stuff was like 60. a s/f.We finally get the stuff in,get it installed and O comes in and says it looks like sht and they have us tear it all out and re-do it with some other expensive crap.

They wasted soooo much money on this place.But I guess the players have a place to sleep and O has a place he loves to take a shower so it's all worth it..lol

Good points there. But you agree that Miami’s lockerrooms need to be upgraded though right? Many power 5 teams have better looking ones than Miami

when you walk into this place you feel like you fell into a bottle of grape juice.EVERYTHING in this place is purple.

the **** of it is that yes they spent 28 million on this but they also spent close to 40 million to re-do a couple of the old dormitory buildings next to the stadium to house the players and they spent 3-4 million dollars to set up temporary facilities while they waited 8 months for this.

overall this project cost somewhere in the 70-75 million dollar range while the school is cutting back teachers and laying off personnel.

They spent a ton of money on some fancy tile for Coach O's restroom in his office.Took us 16 weeks to get it from Italy.Stuff was like 60. a s/f.We finally get the stuff in,get it installed and O comes in and says it looks like sht and they have us tear it all out and re-do it with some other expensive crap.

They wasted soooo much money on this place.But I guess the players have a place to sleep and O has a place he loves to take a shower so it's all worth it..lol
Personally I love ed. Hes a good man at heart(not getting into his personal life or any mistakes hes made as we all have) but hes very eccentric. I can only imagine how his tastes go. It's a dump out there. To spend this money like this is criminal

Advertisement
Personally I love ed. Hes a good man at heart(not getting into his personal life or any mistakes hes made as we all have) but hes very eccentric. I can only imagine how his tastes go. It's a dump out there. To spend this money like this is criminal
That’s not even a Tip of the ice berg, FSU has an expensive facility coming up, uf has a 85 million dollar facility coming up, Clemson just spent like 60 million on a facility too

Good points there. But you agree that Miami’s lockerrooms need to be upgraded though right? Many power 5 teams have better looking ones than Miami
I agree they could be. But our locker rooms arent that bad at all. One thing butch taught us is a locker room and weight room are simply necessary tools. They arent meant to be lavish. When they are it's the first step ina team getting soft. We NEVER had anything beyond basic for locker rooms or a weight room and we ran the world. If I was gonna throw money into **** for the program is start with player lounge and training facility. Recuperation area would be nice as well

he is a very down to earth person and pretty no nonsense when it came to all this stuff they put in the locker room. Called it " FLUFF SHT "...yea he wasn't happy with a lot of the stuff that went into the place and he definitely didn't like that crap they put in his private bathroom/shower.It was some fancy 1/2" X 3" stuff that killed your feet when you walked or stood on it.We didn't have it up 24 hours before he said " get this sht out of here"..lol

That’s not even a Tip of the ice berg, FSU has an expensive facility coming up, uf has a 85 million dollar facility coming up, Clemson just spent like 60 million on a facility too
You guys worry about all the wrong ****. Were not in it to compete for most lavish facilities. For numerous reasons that can and will never be us. Space and gables would never allow it. All these others are public schools and they are in the middle of nowhere. That's not us. Dorms are gonna be huge for us. Upgrades would be great but let's stick to being the team on the field we should be first. The rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
You guys worry about all the wrong ****. Were not in it to compete for most lavish facilities. For numerous reasons that can and will never be us. Space and gables would never allow it. All these others are public schools and they are in the middle of nowhere. That's not us. Dorms are gonna be huge for us. Upgrades would be great but let's stick to being the team on the field we should be first. The rest will take care of itself.
Yeah no one is expecting a stand-alone facility since they overhauled some of that and got new meeting rooms etc with the 40 million dollar ipf. However they need to look at the player lounge and lockeroom as I’ve stated in the past for upgrades. Plus it’s not like the lockeroom renovations are that expensive anyways considering schools doing complete makeovers for less than 1.5 or 2 million dollars and they look very impressive. That’s certainly doable with adidas contract in addition to more bowl revenue in recent years as well as the acc network revenue that will be flowing in which wasn’t present years ago

Last edited:
I agree they could be. But our locker rooms arent that bad at all. One thing butch taught us is a locker room and weight room are simply necessary tools. They arent meant to be lavish. When they are it's the first step ina team getting soft. We NEVER had anything beyond basic for locker rooms or a weight room and we ran the world. If I was gonna throw money into **** for the program is start with player lounge and training facility. Recuperation area would be nice as well

There was a recruit many years back (late 90s iirc) who commented that he was amazed at the state of the greentree lockeroom (I’d been in there many times) considering all the greats. He couldn’t stop talking about it and it blew him away.

Advertisement
Out of your 4 LSU can't touch - don't know that they matter much.

They should matter for the type of kids we should be going after. If those don't matter for a recruit, then we are wasting our time with that kid because we're not out-bagging the likes of LSU.

Nice bonus for you guys this year though.

Miami doesn't have the foundation, endowment, boosters, and bags of LSU or Bama for some 8 figure locker room renovation. Fine.

But Miami does have things those other dumps don't: nightlife, beaches, and way better women. Play the hand your dealt. You hear about Manny wining and dining transfers at Prime 112, kids partying at LIV, etc. That is what we need to be selling to recruits, that Miami lifestyle they'll never get in some faqqoty purple locker room.

Miami doesn't have the foundation, endowment, boosters, and bags of LSU or Bama for some 8 figure locker room renovation. Fine.

But Miami does have things those other dumps don't: nightlife, beaches, and way better women. Play the hand your dealt. You hear about Manny wining and dining transfers at Prime 112, kids partying at LIV, etc. That is what we need to be selling to recruits, that Miami lifestyle they'll never get in some faqqoty purple locker room.
LSU is in deep debt. Miami just paid 40 million dollars for their IPF which is more than any program in the country outside of northwestern. You don’t even need 8 figure lockeroom renovation to look impressive. Uf’s recent lockeroom renovation was only 1.5 million and it looked like a complete overhaul

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back