LSU Looking to hire Blake Baker *Update* BAKER TO LSU

Our D has regressed under Manny. That's just a fact.

Yet another person who confuses "fact" with "opinion." So that's a fact, is it? Then you must think that the defense was better under D'Nofrio and declined after Diaz became DC. If the D regressed under Manny, then you are saying that the defense was better before Manny.

What drugs are you on?

Advertisement
If Baker is actually dragging his feet over money, he's a bigger douche than I thought he was.
He's from the area and this would be, at worst, a lateral move with potentially more financial upside if he does well. Let's not make this complicated, if he's offered the gig, he's gone.

AA32EBB1-041E-4692-9EA5-2CC20DBB1859.jpeg
5683F53F-FFE8-471B-8E4B-9217F8213EF1.jpeg

Now do the coach you worship daily. He did this with SIX 5 stars starting on defense

Advertisement
Football scoop is legit

Why? What makes you say they’re legit? I looked at the author, the guy that wrote that, and he has not a background that seems very legit at all, and it’s far away. I don’t see anything that would make him seem to have any sources at all. Tell me why you think he is legit

Yet another person who confuses "fact" with "opinion." So that's a fact, is it? Then you must think that the defense was better under D'Nofrio and declined after Diaz became DC. If the D regressed under Manny, then you are saying that the defense was better before Manny.

What drugs are you on?
I corrected the statement.

Our D has regressed under Manny. He started off hot, teams have figured things out. That's just a fact.

The last couple of years his Defence has been picked a part. You can't tell me you watched last year and didnt see a massive drop off in many spots on our D.

Corners played poorly
Safety play has regressed
Linebackers are beyond bad
D-Ends have stayed consistent - very good
Striker have stayed consistent

We regressed.

Blake wasn't the problem with our D. I think all you dummies buying fools gold is truly something to behold. We can have a difference of opinion.

Our D has regressed under Manny. He started off hot, teams have figured things out. That's just a fact.
I'm not crazy about his scheme because I don't think it is fundamentally sound - absent an effective pass rush, it does get exposed. That said, I'm not sure what you mean when you say teams "figured it out" while he was at Miami. He ran the same D at LTech and Miss St. It wasn't like he brought a brand new scheme with him to Miami.

The last couple of years his Defence has been picked a part. You can't tell me you watched last year and didnt see a massive drop off in many spots on our D.

Corners played poorly

We regressed.
corners, safeties, and LBs regressed? gee i wonder what happened there. oh right, we lost a bunch of NFL talent and didn't replace it.

it's the same **** thing people have been saying, which you keep unintentionally proving lol. you can blame manny for recruiting and development failures. but the scheme is not really the issue here.

Advertisement
Blake wasn't the problem with our D. I think all you dummies buying fools gold is truly something to behold. We can have a difference of opinion.

Figured out Saban or nah?

2B6CE28D-2EC9-430A-B887-BEB15C3C680B.jpeg
02EE2965-81B7-41F8-8C23-72401A21A4C5.jpeg

I'm not crazy about his scheme because I don't think it is fundamentally sound - absent an effective pass rush, it does get exposed. That said, I'm not sure what you mean when you say teams "figured it out" while he was at Miami. He ran the same D at LTech and Miss St. It wasn't like he brought a brand new scheme with him to Miami.

As much as it stayed the same from previous years I think once you play a gimmicky D first hand you start to understand it better. Watching tape is one thing. live game action is another.

Clemson used the exact same game plan they used a couple years back and embarrassed many. Granted that's Clemson.

there are tonnes of holes in these zones. when we dont get immediate pressure on the QB they get exposed.

We aren't going to be as good at end this year and our tackles are average. I see things getting worse.

Corners played poorly

We regressed.

Many top defenses has regressed in the past two years relative to the years prior. That's not unique to Miami or a schematic issue. You think Venables runs a bad scheme or regressed? He's had his **** lit up several times this season and last season as well. That's just what happens now against top spread offenses. Right now offense has all the advantages.

Advertisement
I don’t think Baker would be all that bad as LB coach and I’ve stated that before. The issue is recruiting, his fit at Miami and money. If we are paying him DC money and he isn’t calling plays, doesn’t recruit that well then he has to go. If he can recruit then great let’s him coach the LBs but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Didn’t Manny coach the LBs when he was the sole DC?

Figured out Saban or nah?
Many top defenses has regressed in the past two years relative to the years prior. That's not unique to Miami or a schematic issue. You think Venables runs a bad scheme or regressed? He his **** lit up several times this season and last season as well. That's just what happens now against top spread offenses. Right now offense has all the advantages.
The point of the argument keeps changing. You're giving me examples of other D's that struggled (mind you against some of the best O's in the country)

I said firing Blake isn't going to fix Manny's trash scheme. We'll be running the same defence. It hasn't been working.

If Manny fired Enos and hired a guy who runs the same Offence as Enos did.. what would have changed?

I believe we need to hire a coordinator with his own scheme.

Advertisement
I don’t think Baker would be all that bad as LB coach and I’ve stated that before. The issue is recruiting, his fit at Miami and money. If we are paying him DC money and he isn’t calling plays, doesn’t recruit that well then he has to go. If he can recruit then great let’s him coach the LBs but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Didn’t Manny coach the LBs when he was the sole DC?
Yep - he just didn’t recruit the spot very well.

The LSU writers on 247 are saying they hear from their Miami connects the details are still being worked out. apparently the $$ is a bit of an issue.

how much they need? Message them and find out so we can pony up whatever it is.

on a side note - damnit man **** **** **** this university can't get a **** break! this is bullcrap losing this genius like this.

I don’t follow football scoop religiously but I had been checking on them recently to see who Marshall’s new coach Charles Huff would fill out his staff with and every report they put out regarding his hires ended up being correct.

They’ve been around for a while and I’ve never heard that there were any credibility issues. Whether this comes to fruition or not, I definitely believe their report that it is in the works.

View attachment 142038View attachment 142039
Now do the coach you worship daily. He did this with SIX 5 stars starting on defense
He had bad evals then no excuses they got torched. I never said his defense was Godly they are usually among the tops considering the competition they play. I don't count the school like Buffalo or some **** cause some people count those schools when they are in the top ten. They were bad but also alot of kids nowadays get winded af and with quick strike offenses now these guys are huffing and puffing all day.......back in the day those dudes ain't come off the field at all.

Also want to add I dislike Saban but understand he's legit. And can add that even looking like that they won a title.....imagine that. Imagine his defense being good this season....holy ****

Advertisement
Back